pauliticalfan
09-12-2011, 08:54 PM
B+

Audience performance: D-

trey4sports
09-12-2011, 08:56 PM
B+

Audience performance: D-

Just because he got some negative reaction for his foreign policy i don't think that will negate all the good he did in the minds of the voters.

Overall, i gave his performance a B. Very solid, probably more-so than any of the other debates.

Simple
09-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Santorum accused Ron of parroting terrorists and Ron still cited Bin Laden. Maybe Ron should bring back the reading list that he made for Giuliani, or at least cite different sources. Ron Paul is asking us to face the truth and we (or at least tonight's crowd) are still not ready =\

LibertyEsq
09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
All answers except the last: A+

Last answer: F.

The last answer also brings him down overall to a C alone. He may have spoken truth, but with horrid presentation. Draw a clearer distinction that we may have added to motivation, but terrorists are still unjustified murderers (which is also the truth). This is politics, people, and I for one want to win

messana
09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
C- or D+. I'm sorry but that foreign policy thing really irked me. He was doing so well too.

therealist
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM
i'd give him a C

Something isnt right with him, he's not on his A game. his voice was not very commanding like in his 2007 debates, when he spoke with more conviction.

Also not even getting to mention a specific plan for jobs is really hurting him.

ronpaulfollower999
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM
A

Who cares if some people in a crowd are clueless on foreign policy. They don't represent the majority opinion. Ron Paul's answer for that question was spot on.

therealist
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
A

Who cares if some people in a crowd are clueless on foreign policy. They don't represent the majority opinion. Ron Paul's answer for that question was spot on.

unfortunately they are for the primary. Staunch Pro-Israel, we're the good guys, they are the bad guys mentality.

brushfire
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
A

He hit homers with every pitch, and a double on the last question. The net result was outstanding and he'll get the "America's Fault" pitch again in the next debate.

trey4sports
09-12-2011, 09:08 PM
A

I would agree. He never really said anything that inflammatory.

FSP-Rebel
I need to know what happened on the last statement, thanks.

Brett85

The last answer also brings him down overall to a C alone. He may have spoken truth, but with horrid presentation. Draw a clearer distinction that we may have added to motivation, but terrorists are still unjustified murderers (which is also the truth). This is politics, people, and I for one want to win

I agree. While Ron is right in his foreign policy stances, he has to be more careful in how he frames these issues. He has to make it clear that "America" is not to blame for 9-11. Our government is simply to blame for over extending our military and making us less safe.

refuge

I'm with this guy, though I'm giving him a B rather than a C.

michaelkellenger
09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
A+++++ on all answers, but the last one. F on the last one. I'm right with LibertyEsq, except a B instead. Otherwise this was his greatest debate ever.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
A. He did as well as he could, given the unfair treatment he always gets. He stated his positions honestly and clearly. I'll be happy if he keeps up this level of performance throughout the rest of the debates.

P..S. The last question was about what you'd bring to the White House, to which he gave an excellent answer as well.

Brett85
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
But I also thought that Ron's answer to the fence question in the last debate would hurt him as well, but he went way up in the last CNN poll. So maybe his response to the last question won't hurt him either.

Giuliani was there on 911
09-12-2011, 09:12 PM
A no different than any of his previous debates. Don't be discouraged by the audience booing him . Remember this is the hijacked neocon tea party; not the tea party we once knew.

Mises_to_Paul
09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Before the last question, I thought he would get a moderate bump.

After the last question, I think he will probably see either no change or a small bump.

His content was great as usual. His presentation was better than usual this year. But the last question was not handled well. He could have retained the good content while framing it in a more strategic manner.

Perry did very poorly however. I'll be interested in seeing where his dropped supporters end up.

r3volution
09-12-2011, 09:20 PM
B . bachman stole a lot of his thunder using his talking points , but had the timing right .

would have given him an A if he turned that attack by santourm into another rudy smack down .

Paul4Prez
09-12-2011, 09:22 PM
A very solid A. Much better than the last week's debate.

Paul4Prez
09-12-2011, 09:23 PM
P..S. The last question was about what you'd bring to the White House, to which he gave an excellent answer as well.

Yep -- nailed it.

moderate libertarian
09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Just based on this one clip I watched so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8S3yws_88I&feature=youtu.be

Absolutely superb!

MJU1983
09-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd say B.

one male human
09-12-2011, 09:40 PM
This is what got Santorum worked up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5fmBtMaL2M

ILikeRonPaul
09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
sorry but i gave him a C. ron seriously needs to think about just plain butting in to the conversation. in the last debate i saw cain just bust into the convo and nobody was even talking to him- same with santorum. then cain blabbed about crap that i didn't care for and wasted a lot of time. so if cain can do it, so can ron.

ugh did anybody else get ticked when they totally ignored ron and newt when it came to the fed question? makes me sick

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
ugh did anybody else get ticked when they totally ignored ron and newt when it came to the fed question? makes me sickYes, it was a very obvious omission and it elicited groans from the audience. They didn't fool anyone.

PaulConventionWV
09-12-2011, 09:58 PM

While it may not have been a great answer, it certainly wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. The voting public is on his side on this one.

PaulConventionWV
09-12-2011, 09:59 PM
i'd give him a C

Something isnt right with him, he's not on his A game. his voice was not very commanding like in his 2007 debates, when he spoke with more conviction.

Also not even getting to mention a specific plan for jobs is really hurting him.

Could it be that he's getting older than he was in 2007? Surely not!

BlueFloyd
09-12-2011, 10:01 PM
The Establishment had some pawns come in to boo Ron.

trey4sports
09-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Could it be that he's getting older than he was in 2007? Surely not!

you are right, but i can't help but say i thought in terms of articulation Ron was better in this debate than every single other one this cycle. His points were clear and understandable.

Inkblots
09-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I'd give him a B. It would have been an A+, he was firing on all cylinders, and even his first answer in the foreign policy section was great, but his rebuttal to Santorum really fell flat. He should have phrased his answer better - quoting bin Laden was probably a bad move, considering the venue. Overall, still a good night, though.

PaulConventionWV
09-12-2011, 10:04 PM
you are right, but i can't help but say i thought in terms of articulation Ron was better in this debate than every single other one this cycle. His points were clear and understandable.

And I agree with that as well. My response was a sarcastic remark when the guy I responded to mentioned that his voice wasn't as strong as in 2007. Go figure... he's 76 years old.

Inkblots
09-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Agreed.

GovMatt
09-12-2011, 10:09 PM
A solid B+. A few homeruns and certainly got people talking. The reason I don't give him an A is more for the questions he got rather than the answers he gave. Though it may not be in his character as a debater, he needs to be more aggressive with getting the moderator's attention for rebuttals.

emr1028
09-12-2011, 10:15 PM
B+

The last response was the only thing keeping him from a solid A, but other than that all of his responses were excellent. I thought that this may have been his best debate yet.

Ronpauljones
09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
A

Agreed.

Dianne
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry guys, I rated him a C tonight... I am loyal, but honest. It's time he becomes tough... He knows the media hates him, so he needs to take it to them. Don't answer the question they want you to answer so they can take something out of context; answer the question you want to answer.

Paul should have spoken on the Federal Reserve.. He should have taken all his time about the "uninsured" comatose 30 year old and spoken instead about auditing the Fed or abolishing the Fed; a passion of his, and excluded from answering.

He needs to run the debate, not them.

JamesButabi
09-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I was highly critical of Ron the last debate. I give him a B+ in this debate and think it was the best of the season. He nailed original questions, he separated himself on foreign policy completely, and he did not stumble or talk jumbled. Many may feel the 9-11 attack with Santorum was bad, but Ron kept his composure and laid out the TRUTH succinctly. I'm very proud of Ron and his performance at this debate.

ProfNo
09-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Ron nailed it. And I certainly did not think that after the last debate. But this one, he hit it out of the park.

The booing at the end was sad, not for Ron Paul, but for the complete ignorance of the audience. But I think it was a great moment for Ron Paul. Truly exceptional. He is willing to stand there, and tell an audience that is booing him the truth. That says more than you ever need to know about his character and honesty.

I think the average viewer (or, I should say, hope) would see that as well. I know my gf did; and she is not a political junkie at all; yet she understood what he was saying very clearly. There are ramifications for our actions abroad, and 9/11 was one of them. That does not justify the 9/11, but we should learn from that event, or it will happen again. So simply and obvious.

I have to say, that moment was like a teaching schooling a room full of kids.

Matthew5
09-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Ron nailed it. And I certainly did not think that after the last debate. But this one, he hit it out of the park.

The booing at the end was sad, not for Ron Paul, but for the complete ignorance of the audience. But I think it was a great moment for Ron Paul. Truly exceptional. He is willing to stand there, and tell an audience that is booing him the truth. That says more than you ever need to know about his character and honesty.

I think the average viewer (or, I should say, hope) would see that as well. I know my gf did; and she is not a political junkie at all; yet she understood what he was saying very clearly. There are ramifications for our actions abroad, and 9/11 was one of them. That does not justify the 9/11, but we should learn from that event, or it will happen again. So simply and obvious.

I have to say, that moment was like a teaching schooling a room full of kids.

+1 Rep for the Devil's post (#666...but I also agree with you)! :p

sailingaway
09-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I just got in and didn't see it, now I may skip the end....:p

But my son said Jon Stewart said something nice about him, but couldn't remember what, for what it is worth.....

ProfNo
09-12-2011, 10:27 PM
+1 Rep for the Devil's post (#666...but I also agree with you)! :p

Haha, thanks. Didn't notice the post count, but I am glad I made it a good one.

libertybrewcity
09-12-2011, 10:30 PM
A+ he's our guy! there is always room for improvement but his campaign survives because of us! if we are negative and lose faith he will too, and then liberty will not be achieved.

mport1
Best debate I've seen from him in a LONG time. Unfortunately, that isn't saying much.

V3n
A+ he hit everything out of the park! Short, succinct answers! Even the final question - he wasn't "booed" the response was mixed. And that means controversial, and that means an opportunity to educate. Remember Rudy's Reading List? Say hello to Ricky's Reading List!

libertybrewcity
09-12-2011, 10:31 PM
I just got in and didn't see it, now I may skip the end....:p

But my son said Jon Stewart said something nice about him, but couldn't remember what, for what it is worth.....

sailingaway has a son!? lol, i thought you were in college or something..posting on rpfs 24/7 :D

LBennett76
09-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I bet I know who gave him the F after reading the official debate thread. lol

TheTyke
09-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Ron did a fantastic job and it reached a lot of people! I gave a B only because it was short of perfect.

ChiefJustice
09-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Solid A. Yes its true that Ron could frame the foreign policy issue a little better while still maintaining the same argument. Still it is the 100% truth and I feel that the people who boo Ron Paul on his foreign policy stance are flat out unwilling to give in to the truth, regardless of how he frames it. It is not unreasonable at all to cite bin Laden! Is Al Qaeda really going to lie about why they attacked us? If there is any credible source as to why we were attacked it came straight from bin Laden's mouth.

SuwaneeRick
09-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I was more disappointed in the audience than anything else.

AuH20
09-12-2011, 10:41 PM
C. Satisfactory. Could have done better if he avoided landmine on S.S. Ponzi question as well as his clumsy response to Santorum. Wish he had statistics to back up his arguments. This is the area where Rand murders Dad, in that he can turn on his Newton Gingrich wonk side and illustrate to the audience how serious our problems are. The sheer numerical size of the federal government's guarantees are horrific.

The Dark Knight
09-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I would give him a B. So far it was his best debate. Last answer was honest but work on phrasing it so the neo cons wont freak out. Rand knows how to do this very well. I suggest Ron talk to Rand to get help on getting the message to appeal to the Neo Cons. Rand was very good at this.

BUSHLIED
09-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I just went back and listened his responses before voting in this poll...Ron had a solid performance despite the unfair treatment (again) by the moderator. He hardly gets good questions to answer and the ones that he does get are obviously geared toward painting Ron in a negative light...that being said I gave him a B because he still is not doing a good enough job of articulating questions that boost his record, he did that with social security which was good, but he never mentioned the tea party which he should have..

trey4sports
09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
I was more disappointed in the audience than anything else.

Welcome to the forums!

ifthenwouldi
09-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Didn't watch the debate, but just watched the Youtube on the last question. Nowhere near as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

Maximus
09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
A- Best performance so far. The crazies that hate him where already hating him.

TheTyke
09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Didn't watch the debate, but just watched the Youtube on the last question. Nowhere near as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

Yeah between the trolls and the hyper-anxious, everything gets blown out of proportion. :)

NewRightLibertarian
09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Sucks that the warmongering pricks in the audience couldn't have let Ron Paul make a more complete point. Would have liked him to talk about his service record and military donations to the scumbag Santorum. Voted B

trey4sports
09-13-2011, 12:17 AM
overall looks like the majority went with an A. Good to see everyone was pleased.

low preference guy
09-13-2011, 12:19 AM
overall looks like the majority went with an A. Good to see everyone was pleased.

maybe they're just used to the grade inflation at the universities

LatinsforPaul
09-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Dr. Paul needs to have another press conference with Michael Scheuer and give a reading assignment to Obama, the GOP and most of the TEA Party like he did 4 years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGHey7anhI

Birdlady
09-13-2011, 01:26 AM
A for sure! I think Ron Paul did amazing and I'm usually highly critical. Those who were booing are just warmongerers who we are never going to win over unfortunately. There is a very scary segment of people within the Republican party and we saw them show their true colors...

It's best to just spend our time on those who are more receptive to RP's message.

Nate-ForLiberty
09-13-2011, 08:23 AM
C - nice guys finish last.