PDA

View Full Version : Former 9/11 probe chair calls for reopening inquiry after new evidence links Saudi Arabia

Rael
09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
(Reuters) - The former co-chair of a Congressional inquiry after the September 11, 2001 attacks called on the U.S. government to reopen its investigation following a news report linking the hijackers to a Saudi Arabian couple who lived in Florida.

Former U.S. Senator Bob Graham said he has no reason to doubt the news report, which said the Saudi Arabian couple abruptly abandoned their luxury home in Sarasota two weeks before the attacks, leaving behind a full refrigerator, clothes, furnishings and a new car in the driveway.

The report was published by BrowardBulldog.org., a nonprofit Internet news site and was simultaneously published on the news website of the Miami Herald.

If true, it reveals another Saudi terrorism connection that was never disclosed by the FBI to the public or to the 2002 joint Congressional intelligence committee investigating the attacks, said Graham, who was co-chair of the committee.

The FBI office in Tampa issued a statement on Monday saying the Sarasota case was one of many leads that "were resolved and determined not to be related to any threat nor connected to the 9/11 plot."

Graham called the Sarasota case "eerily similar" to the FBI's failure to tell the intelligence committee about a former Saudi civil servant, Omar al-Bayoumi, who supported two hijackers while they were living in San Diego. Graham said an investigator for his committee independently unearthed the information about al-Bayoumi.

"Why did the U.S. government go to such lengths to cover up the Saudi involvement?" Graham said.

The former Democratic senator from Florida has long been critical of the administration of former President George W. Bush for refusing to release 28 pages of the intelligence committee's report, which allegedly included information about Saudi financial support of terrorists.

Information about the Saudi couple in Sarasota was reported by Anthony Summers, an independent journalist and co-author of The Eleventh Day: The Full Story of 9/11 and Osama bin Laden, and Dan Christensen, editor of the BrowardBulldog.org.

Abdulazzi al-Hiijjii, his wife Anoud and their small children resided in a home owned by Anoud's father, Esam Ghazzawi, in the gated Sarasota subdivision called Prestancia, according to the report.

The report said the FBI learned of the couple from a suspicious neighbor on the day of the attacks.

According to the report, the FBI connected the couple to more than a dozen terrorists through telephone records and through their car license tags and drivers licenses as they passed through the subdivision's security gate.

Among the terrorists who visited the home or called the couple was 9/11 leader Mohamed Atta, the report said.

The report was based on quotes from an unnamed counterterrorism official, a neighbor, subdivision administrators, the security guard and the subdivision lawyer, who said the FBI tried to get him to lure the homeowner back to the U.S.

According to the report, the Sarasota couple returned to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with Anoud's father after abandoning their home.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/12/us-sept11-graham-idUSTRE78B6DH20110912

Kylie
09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
They can't open this can of worms back up.

Because that would ruin their meme. It was Afghanistan and Iraq, not the country of the dude with whom Bush was holding hands.

I can't hardly imagine that Bush would have willingly let this happen, but anymore I just don't know. Rumsfeld, though? Fuck yeah he would. NEED MOAR WAR!!

jmdrake
09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Bob Graham is bringing this up? How about Bob Graham having breakfast on 9/11 with the man the FBI confirmed had links to the funding of the 9/11 attacks?

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FD08Aa01.html

dannno
09-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Bob Graham is bringing this up? How about Bob Graham having breakfast on 9/11 with the man the FBI confirmed had links to the funding of the 9/11 attacks?

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FD08Aa01.html

Someone is trying to direct the conversation.

-C-
09-13-2011, 02:38 AM
http://larouchepac.com/10yearslater

This video explains so much of what is being discussed here. The couple was Prince Bandar and his Wife, they directly funded 2 of the 9/11 hijackers. He was Ambassador to the US from Saudi Arabia. It also goes even further to suggest the money/slush fund to run the operation came from the British BAE "Arms for oil" with Saudi Arabia, that guess who? Prince Bandar negotiated with Thatcher while he was Saudi Ambassador to Britain. The video goes into the ins and out of this. Good stuff.

oyarde
09-13-2011, 09:09 AM
I doubt it will open up . If so , the Saud and Iranian links would be front page news . Doubt it .

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 09:20 AM
So, nineteen Saudis weren't enough but twenty-one would be? What are we doing here, playing blackjack?

Did anyone notice that bin Laden was a royal member of the House of Saud? No?

specsaregood
09-13-2011, 09:24 AM
So, nineteen Saudis weren't enough but twenty-one would be? What are we doing here, playing blackjack?
Did anyone notice that bin Laden was a royal member of the House of Saud? No?

I'm listening to the coast to coast am episode from last sunday, and the one guest just mentioned something about how the FBI had all their information/documentation on possible "nation state involvement in 9/11" seized and put under a 30year seal from public disclosure.

Any of you guys know more about this and what he is talking about?

osan
09-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Most likely this will be buried.

Again.

oyarde
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm listening to the coast to coast am episode from last sunday, and the one guest just mentioned something about how the FBI had all their information/documentation on possible "nation state involvement in 9/11" seized and put under a 30year seal from public disclosure.

Any of you guys know more about this and what he is talking about? I know there is no intention of releasing the finance info that was found . The NSA may have it .

acptulsa
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Hell, when was the last time--or even the first time--you ever heard either the government or the mainstream media confirm Michael Moore's finding that the only planes flying on 9/12/01 were taking Saudi nationals home to safety?

Risking a repeat on the very next day so Saudis wouldn't be lynched. Talk about putting someone's safety ahead of ours...

jct74
09-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Bob Graham on Freedom Watch @6:06 talking about this, but whole video pertains to 9/11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkcY6Hhklk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkcY6Hhklk

CaptainAmerica
09-14-2011, 11:55 PM
water under the bridge.......people already believe the bullcrap commission report.

vita3
09-15-2011, 01:15 AM
When we start hearing reporting linking Bandar Bush to the Bush Family.. let me know

vita3
09-15-2011, 07:07 AM
When we start hearing reporting linking Bandar Bush to the Bush Family.. let me know

jmdrake
09-19-2011, 08:26 AM
bump

moderate libertarian
09-19-2011, 04:39 PM
There have been some unanswered questions, a new thorough inquiry can't hurt. I had been asked while ago by some persistent skeptic to exaplin WTC7 collapse, I did not know the answer and referred to 9/11 report. I was told it was not explained there. If Saudi pressure led to incomplete investigation, people should know about it.

V4Vendetta
09-19-2011, 04:43 PM
so.... 10 years later they want to do some actual investigating?????