PDA

View Full Version : How bout Ron Paul the founder of the tea party.

MarcNY
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
So sick of the media making Ron Paul out to be 2nd tier. He is 3rd in the new CNN poll.

Andrew76
09-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Agreed. And I could care less if he "founded" the Tea Party or not. What gets me boiling is when neocons insist that he didn't start the tea party and is a liar for taking any credit. The Tea Party movement started with Ron Paul's grassroots. The videos are all over youtube as proof. Then, Rick Santelli takes the meme, blasts it on national t.v. After THAT, a bunch of political opportunists decided to start "The Tea Party" (tm), which is what we've come to know today. To me, anyone claiming to be part of or point to, "Tea Party Leadership" is full of sh*t. There is no leadership in the real tea party and never has been. The real deal remains in the grass roots and is organized spontaneously from the bottom up just as it began with Paul's campaign in '07 and only Ron Paul can claim original association with the grass roots movement. It was for his campaign FROM the grass roots. Let's hear it for us!!

mosquitobite
09-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Agreed. And I could care less if he "founded" the Tea Party or not. What gets me boiling is when neocons insist that he didn't start the tea party and is a liar for taking any credit. The Tea Party movement started with Ron Paul's grassroots. The videos are all over youtube as proof. Then, Rick Santelli takes the meme, blasts it on national t.v. After THAT, a bunch of political opportunists decided to start "The Tea Party" (tm), which is what we've come to know today. To me, anyone claiming to be part of or point to, "Tea Party Leadership" is full of sh*t. There is no leadership in the real tea party and never has been. The real deal remains in the grass roots and is organized spontaneously from the bottom up just as it began with Paul's campaign in '07 and only Ron Paul can claim original association with the grass roots movement. It was for his campaign FROM the grass roots. Let's hear it for us!!

Gets me boiling too. They also COMPLETELY ignore that his largest moneybomb was the tea party one and poo poo it as if that proves nothing. Frickin @$$holes!

therealist
09-12-2011, 06:55 PM
neocons hijacked the party, its the party of Palin, Bachmann and Perry

ForLiberty2012
I would rather her claim that.... There's quite a negative connotation in the country relating to the Tea Party... perpetuated by Obama.... and it doesn't help that in Tea Party rallies there are blatant racist white hillbillies there.

refuge
Edit: Sorry wrong topic.

Liberty4life
09-12-2011, 07:21 PM
The people know who the tea party is.

John of Des Moines
09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Tell people to go to teaparty07.com - is has been used since 07.