PDA

View Full Version : Get off Michael Vick’s Ass, says Bob Barr

bobbyw24
09-12-2011, 11:15 AM
http://3putt.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mike-vick-pic.jpg?w=450&h=310

Liberals and conservatives alike frequently speak in support of rehabilitation and second chances; but such rhetoric often falls victim to prejudices against individual persons who have been convicted of crimes. In this instance, everyone should simply get off Vick’s back and let him play football — something he does extremely well.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/12/bob-barr-get-off-michael-vicks-ass/#ixzz1Xl9LkMqA

jmdrake
09-12-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm not a Bob Barr fan, but I agree with him here.

linusPAULing
09-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm not a Bob Barr fan, but I agree with him here.

I agree as well.

The practice of indicting, trying, and convicting people in the "media" using cherry picked pieces of information has become insidious. It's training potential jurors to not think for themselves.

brandon
09-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Leave it to Bob Barr to defend a dog fighter...

All the important things going on in the world and this guy writes an op-ed arguing people have the wrong opinion about an athlete. good grief. Perhaps it would be a bit more appropriate for him to try and restore the reputation of the millions of convicted marijuana users?

Revolution9
09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
WTF is with the hero worship of some clown who can run with an inflated ellipse. This isn't exactly a society sustaining skill but much more akin to bread and circuses... This particular pigskin hauler is a reprobate of the first order and deserves to be ignored. Putting this in General Politics is BS. It has dick on a stick to do with politics and more with social aberrations. Bob Barr is an idiot. He speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Rev9

jmdrake
09-12-2011, 01:47 PM
WTF is with the hero worship of some clown who can run with an inflated ellipse. This isn't exactly a society sustaining skill but much more akin to bread and circuses... This particular pigskin hauler is a reprobate of the first order and deserves to be ignored. Putting this in General Politics is BS. It has dick on a stick to do with politics and more with social aberrations. Bob Barr is an idiot. He speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

Rev9

I'm not that into football so for me it ain't about hero worship. But either we live in a nation where people can move on with their lives after making a mistake or we don't. Every human being on the planet is or has been "reprobate" at some point in God's eyes.

kylejack
09-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't care about Michael Vick and I don't buy into the 'poor persecuted' meme about him, and I don't like Bob Barr or want to hear anything more from him.

Rothbardian Girl
09-12-2011, 01:48 PM
I haven't noticed Vick being excoriated in the media lately. I thought the circus had died down by now. As for me, I certainly don't approve of what he did, and I would be disappointed if I were an Eagles fan that the team signed him to such a lucrative contract. I don't like media circuses, though. So I guess I'm 50/50 on this. The issue is over now and he's been doing a lot of motivational speaking lately against dogfighting, so maybe he's atoned for his "sins".

kylejack
09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/12/bob-barr-get-off-michael-vicks-ass/#ixzz1Xl9LkMqA
$100 million contract?! Cry me a freakin' river, Michael Vick.

RonPaulwillWin
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm still pissed that I actually voted for Bob Barr.

jmdrake
09-12-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm still pissed that I actually voted for Bob Barr.

LOL. Chuck Baldwin FTW!

Rael
09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
How come people around here get pissed when a cop kills a dog, but this asshole kills multiple dogs in a very cruel way and its OK?

Rael
09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
WTF is with the hero worship of some clown who can run with an inflated ellipse.
Rev9

And if he couldn't run with that inflated ellipse, he wouldn't qualify for a job at Taco Bell.

Ronpauljones
09-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Vick got railroaded. They made an example out of him. He didn't deserve that much jail time.

jonhowe
09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry Bob, you're wrong. He acted of his own free will to destroy those animals, and I am not convinced he has even an ounce of remorse for it.

Sure, he's "paid his debt to society", but I will never support him in any venture of any sort.

mczerone
09-12-2011, 04:41 PM
How come people around here get pissed when a cop kills a dog, but this asshole kills multiple dogs in a very cruel way and its OK?

For one, Vick's dogs were his own to do with as he pleased, including fighting with dogs of other willing owners. I've never heard of a cop killing his own dog.

I don't like dog fighting, but I don't think the law has anything to do in its regard. I would rather not be cruel to people because they are cruel to their pets.

jmdrake
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
For one, Vick's dogs were his own to do with as he pleased, including fighting with dogs of other willing owners. I've never heard of a cop killing his own dog.

I don't like dog fighting, but I don't think the law has anything to do in its regard. I would rather not be cruel to people because they are cruel to their pets.

Good points. Plus people are upset that cops typically get away with killing someone's dog.

FreeTraveler
09-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Vick & Barr

a match made in heaven.

they deserve each other.

dannno
09-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Not a fan of dog fighting, although I'm not sure how I feel about chicken fighting.

I mean, think about it. If you were a chicken, would you rather fight to the death and have the chance of surviving, or would you rather just 100% have your head chopped off?

It's not like the chickens don't get eaten. I doubt they eat the dog after a dog fight, although I guess you never know..

Of course neither should be illegal. Cops shouldn't be able to kill your dog, either.. especially over drugs.

Liberty_Mike
09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Leave it to Bob Barr to defend a dog fighter...

All the important things going on in the world and this guy writes an op-ed arguing people have the wrong opinion about an athlete. good grief. Perhaps it would be a bit more appropriate for him to try and restore the reputation of the millions of convicted marijuana users?

Well said. Just another reason why Bob Barr is irrelevant to the liberty movement.

Bman
09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Screw Mike Vick. His typical season injury can't come quick enough this year.