PDA

View Full Version : Pawlenty's on Romney's campaign team now?

sailingaway
09-12-2011, 08:46 AM
from twitter

daveweigel daveweigel
The downside: As a member of Romney's campaign team, Pawlenty now mandated to buy health insurance.

haven't looked at the news yet...

here's the twitter stream: https://twitter.com/#%21/daveweigel

TheSecretBillionaire
09-12-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-pawlenty-romney-20110912,0,7681685.story

Yep you're right.
Anything to take some of the wind out of perry's sails right now.:rolleyes:

sailingaway
09-12-2011, 09:08 AM
The Des Moines Register: Pawlenty endorses Romney; lands gig as national co-chair

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/09/12/pawlenty-endorses-romney-lands-gig-as-national-co-chair/

It isn't just wind, Romney is now making a play for Iowa. He already had strong support, and now he has Pawlenty's organization, as well.

RonPaul101.com
09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't see this as bad news. They way T-Paw was battling Mitt in the early debates it only makes both of them look like the phonies they are by joining forces. Plus, it would have been worse had he endorsed Perry.

FriedChicken
09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
This is good. Perry is beating Romney in IA correct? More fighting power to Romney to dilute the establishment vote there and split it with Perry while we focus on the conservatives.

Romney will more easily convince someone to stop supporting Perry than he will to support him - this is likely to add to Ron Paul's support if people learn more about Perry at Romney's expense than we sweep them up into our camp.

emr1028
09-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Not surprised, Pawlenty has been running as Romney's VP since day one. I don't think Pawlenty really has any supporters to send to Romney though.

Tarzan
09-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Not surprised, Pawlenty has been running as Romney's VP since day one. I don't think Pawlenty really has any supporters to send to Romney though.

Damn... I was hoping Huntsman would join up with RomKnee.
Well, so much for my Mormon tabernacle choir jokes. :(

Yes... not really a surprise.... and it may give RomKnee a ¼% surge in the polls.
I also suspect these guys (and Huntsman) REALLY hate Dick Parrot.

sailingaway
09-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Damn... I was hoping Huntsman would join up with RomKnee.
We, so much for my Mormon tabernacle choir jokes. :(

Yes... not really a surprise.... and it may give RomKnee a ¼% surge in the polls.
I also suspect these guys (and Huntsman) REALLY hate Dick Parrot.

I suspect Bachmann is going to start pitching for Romney's VP. If she only attacks Perry tonight, we'll have some indication.

LibertyEagle
09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
This is good. Perry is beating Romney in IA correct? More fighting power to Romney to dilute the establishment vote there and split it with Perry while we focus on the conservatives.

Romney will more easily convince someone to stop supporting Perry than he will to support him - this is likely to add to Ron Paul's support if people learn more about Perry at Romney's expense than we sweep them up into our camp.

The problem is that Perry still has a lot of conservatives bamboozled. They do not know he is a fake. Until they know, they will buy his lies.

D.A.S.
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
If anything, it only makes T-Paw look worse. What a spineless dude. And only to think how much time he's been given in debates, blabbing long-winded nonsense, taking time away from Dr. Paul. Santorum does the same thing. What a waste.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2011, 11:28 AM
The inside baseball on this is that Pawlenty is Vin Weber's - hmm, what's the polite word for this -- paid companion. Weber went Romney after Pawlenty got out, so the decision was made. Bachmann -- say what you will about her -- is not part of the Weber establishment, and is actually at odds with them. So I wouldn't see her going there. Her support, were she to get out, would split between Perry (yeah, I know) and Paul. I don't know if she would make an endorsement.

Tarzan
09-12-2011, 11:30 AM
The inside baseball on this is that Pawlenty is Vin Weber's - hmm, what's the polite word for this -- paid companion. Weber went Romney after Pawlenty got out, so the decision was made. Bachmann -- say what you will about her -- is not part of the Weber establishment, and is actually at odds with them. So I wouldn't see her going there. Her support, were she to get out, would split between Perry (yeah, I know) and Paul. I don't know if she would make an endorsement.

Is an English version of this available?

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I'll try. Pawlenty going to Romney was inevitable given their mutual alliances. Bachmann likely wouldn't go that route as she's in a different league of insiders.

Tarzan
09-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I'll try. Pawlenty going to Romney was inevitable given their mutual alliances. Bachmann likely wouldn't go that route as she's in a different league of insiders.

Thanks... I still don't understand the Vin Weber thing.

KingNothing
09-12-2011, 12:53 PM
from twitter

haven't looked at the news yet...

here's the twitter stream: https://twitter.com/#%21/daveweigel

Mitt Romney found a way to be even more boring?

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Ah. Vin Weber is on the CFR Board and a signer of the PNAC letter. English version of that is that he's one of the ickiest kingmakers in GOP politics. He used to be a congressman from MN until he got caught up in the check kiting scandal of early 1990s. Then he became a bigtime lobbyist and champion of enforcing democracy around the globe.

Matthew5
09-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Oh look, one loser endorsing another one.

So Vin Weber was on Tpaw's team before jumping ship to Romney's team. But what does Tpaw stand to gain from this?

Paul4Prez
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Isn't hiring Tim Pawlenty to advise your campaign like hiring the CEO of Countrywide to advise you on mortgage writing standards?