PDA

View Full Version : Sure wish we could have Jon Stewart endorsement :-)

D.A.S.
09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW4EdVh4TeY&NR=1

Do you think Jon Stewart would ever endorse Ron Paul? Because what he says in this video sure sounds a lot like what Ron Paul is about and what we talk about here...

Chowder
09-11-2011, 04:08 PM
you never know...........if Ron Paul really starts winning and makes it to second place or frontrunner status then, Jon might bet the farm endorse Ron Paul (he might lose his show over it) but if Ron Paul wins the nomination then Jon might be in a really good position. ^_-

djruden
09-11-2011, 04:10 PM
John Stewart is more than likely an Obama voter. And right now I think a Stewart endorsement would hurt Paul more than help him in winning the REPUBLICAN nomination... Certain Fox news television and radio commentators would spin that so much.

r3volution
09-11-2011, 04:11 PM
last wed or thur he said he does not believe paul should be in any position of power .
he is a liberal , it would guaranty a loss in the republican primary's .

if you were running for a republican seat in an election would you want liberals endorsing you ?
if you said yes then you did not want to win .

RonPaulFever
09-11-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRSmxbwaXB0

SilentBull
09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Stewart is a liberal!

lucky_bg
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
last wed or thur he said he does not believe paul should be in any position of power .
he is a liberal , it would guaranty a loss in the republican primary's .

if you were running for a republican seat in an election would you want liberals endorsing you ?
if you said yes then you did not want to win .

That wasn't what he said. I watched clip again so I can quote his exact words. And they are: "I'm tellin' you this is why we need this guy in the race. He is the only guy in any political party who realises that at some point we might want to sneak in to Mexico. I don't know if Congressman Paul... I don't know if he should be President or have any kind of power, but I really like him as our idea guy. He generates a lot of ideas. He could be like America's Kramer."

r3volution
09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
That wasn't what he said. I watched clip again so I can quote his exact words. And they are: "I'm tellin' you this is why we need this guy in the race. He is the only guy in any political party who realises that at some point we might want to sneak in to Mexico. I don't know if Congressman Paul... I don't know if he should be President or have any kind of power, but I really like him as our idea guy. He generates a lot of ideas. He could be like America's Kramer."

dam , thanks for correcting me . that is actually worse , kramer was known for having stupid ideas on that show .

D.A.S.
09-11-2011, 05:02 PM

dam , thanks for correcting me . that is actually worse , kramer was known for having stupid ideas on that show .

Well, it IS a COMEDY show. lol. Lighten up, guys -- we gotta be able to take a little humor :-)

r3volution
09-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Well, it IS a COMEDY show. lol. Lighten up, guys -- we gotta be able to take a little humor :-)

i agree , ive been watching that show for yrs . and even though i don't agree with johns political views i still think his show is funny . however he is a outspoken liberal , an endorsement in this primary would only hurt Paul . so why would you want that ?

D.A.S.
09-11-2011, 05:12 PM
i agree , ive been watching that show for yrs . and even though i don't agree with johns political views i still think his show is funny . however he is a outspoken liberal , an endorsement in this primary would only hurt Paul . so why would you want that ?

Well, you're right... Perhaps not endorsement (at least not after Republican nomination), but his continued support on TV would be very useful.

r3volution
09-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Well, you're right... Perhaps not endorsement (at least not after Republican nomination), but his continued support on TV would be very useful.

agreed :)

ForLiberty2012
09-11-2011, 05:27 PM
He'll never "endorse" him... he might allude to him being his choice.

lucky_bg
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
He'll never "endorse" him... he might allude to him being his choice.

+1 and he can promote him, which IS important because we need as many independents as we can get.

Napolitanic Wars
09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Sure wish we could stop cluttering the boards with endorsements and hypotheticals that will never happen. I remember someone saying "Squee! Jesse Ventura could endorse Ron Paul!!1" To my knowledge he has never endorsed anyone and neither has Jon.

Danny
09-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I've watched the Daily Show every day for the last six or seven years. Unfortunately Jon Stewart is a liberal. He believes in the welfare state and believes there should be a role for the government in our lives. I think that he has a considerable amount of respect for Ron Paul, probably because he is principled and doesn't back down from a position because it may be unpopular. I don't believe he agrees with Paul or would ever consider voting for him or endorsing him.

ChiefJustice
09-11-2011, 06:40 PM
He will not endorse Ron Paul. I guarantee it.