PDA

View Full Version : Web Developers for Ron Paul

dusman
09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
I created a Facebook page, if any of you care to join.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/247340371974786/

I (http://www.facebook.com/groups/247340371974786/)'d like to bring together a team of web developers to help on big projects in the near future. Adopting an open source collaboration for these projects will allow us to build strong, adaptive online campaigns for Ron Paul.

Chainspell
09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I'll join when I get home. What do you think we'll need to do? I can't think of any right at the moment. Do you think we'll need to build like a database of registered supporters to organize events and who's doing what? I know there are networks already but I think it would be great to have a centralized contact info list. An actual database where everyone is listed and what they're willing to do and currently do.

Would be great to know who's in my town that supports ron paul.and who is actually active.

dusman
09-12-2011, 07:17 AM
I'll join when I get home. What do you think we'll need to do? I can't think of any right at the moment. Do you think we'll need to build like a database of registered supporters to organize events and who's doing what? I know there are networks already but I think it would be great to have a centralized contact info list. An actual database where everyone is listed and what they're willing to do and currently do.

Would be great to know who's in my town that supports ron paul.and who is actually active.

Well, we should all get together and talk about a collaborative effort somewhere to start. Ideas are always welcome!

Bumping to get others on board here.

PastaRocket848
09-12-2011, 08:05 AM
I'll join once I get into the office. We should definitely get together for something big. I have a project for the campaign in the works now I could maybe contribute code from if it's useful.

dusman
09-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Looking forward to you joining in!

eaglesfan48
09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Good stuff, I know right now there are a few different people trying to organize and assemble a "web" team of people with various skills. Hopefully you can get this going. Thanks!

carmaphob
09-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Asked to join. I'll help where I can.

PastaRocket848
09-12-2011, 11:22 AM
i requested to join. just let me know if anyone needs anything. i'll be toiling away at my other project awaiting further orders lol.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I do not think PastaRocket848 should be trusted with _anything_. He is a total time-waster..See 2nd post in this thread. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289708-We-need-an-iOS-and-an-Android-developer

Be very careful!

ItsTime
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Asked to join, not sure how much I can help, but Ill try.

teacherone
09-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I do not think PastaRocket848 should be trusted with _anything_. He is a total time-waster..See 2nd post in this thread. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289708-We-need-an-iOS-and-an-Android-developer

Be very careful!

that's funny...you edited out the part in your OP which shows why anybody in their right mind would be wary of working with you...

see post #6 in this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289708-We-need-an-iOS-and-an-Android-developer&p=3417032&viewfull=1#post3417032

Be very careful! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?289708-We-need-an-iOS-and-an-Android-developer&p=3417032&viewfull=1#post3417032) indeed.

PastaRocket848
09-12-2011, 11:56 AM
lol @ronpaulvolunteer. maybe if you weren't a profiteer people interested in helping the campaign (not promoting your website) would be more interested...

so no, i'm not the guy to call if you have a website to promote. if you want to do something to help the campaign, i'm all for it, as demonstrated by my work on other rp-related efforts (including the original blackthisout site and r3volutionblog).

LinuxJedi
09-12-2011, 01:05 PM
I prefer to remain anonymous, so Facebook is not a good option for me. However, I would suggest that we start an IRC channel where tech-people can lurk and discuss issues. This would be a good way for us to collaborate, and share knowledge with each other in real-time. I went ahead and created the channel #ronpaultech on irc.freenode.net, feel free to join me. I have to head out to the library now to get some books, but I'll be back later.

PastaRocket848
09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
cool good idea. i'll have to check it out. i was thinking about putting up a private forum on r3volutionblog once it goes live. invite-only so the msm and other campaigns can't steal our ideas ;)

RonPaulVolunteer
09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
lol @ronpaulvolunteer. maybe if you weren't a profiteer people interested in helping the campaign (not promoting your website) would be more interested...

so no, i'm not the guy to call if you have a website to promote. if you want to do something to help the campaign, i'm all for it, as demonstrated by my work on other rp-related efforts (including the original blackthisout site and r3volutionblog).

You mean Ron Paul Flix? The site that has only one agenda, promoting Ron Paul. The one with ZERO advertising unlike THIS site and EVERY other Ron Paul site. You mean the site I have sunk THOUSANDS of dollars of my own money into. You mean the site that takes up HOURS of every day of my time? You mean how I demanded to PAY for your services instead of getting them free? Pull your head out of your ass and stop your outright lies. In the last 4 years I have put about $15,000 into helping Ron Paul and at no point have I ever made a single dime - WTF have YOU done? Wastes people's time and PREVENTED the message getting out. You are a wolf in sheep's clothing, a shill, a stooge, a charlatan. Everything I DO helps the campaign, and promoting Ron Paul Flix ONLY helps the campaign. I got 1.1 MILLION page views last month, that means I could make $5-10,000 per months from simple Google AdWords right now. Probably a LOT more in fact. And yet where are they? Why is the profiteer not profiteering?

People, watch this guy, he is NOT on our side.

ItsTime
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
You mean Ron Paul Flix? The site that has only one agenda, promoting Ron Paul. The one with ZERO advertising unlike THIS site and EVERY other Ron Paul site. You mean the site I have sunk THOUSANDS of dollars of my own money into. You mean the site that takes up HOURS of every day of my time? You mean how I demanded to PAY for your services instead of getting them free? Pull your head out of your ass and stop your outright lies. In the last 4 years I have put about $15,000 into helping Ron Paul and at no point have I ever made a single dime - WTF have YOU done? Wastes people's time and PREVENTED the message getting out. You are a wolf in sheep's clothing, a shill, a stooge, a charlatan. Everything I DO helps the campaign, and promoting Ron Paul Flix ONLY helps the campaign. I got 1.1 MILLION page views last month, that means I could make $5-10,000 per months from simple Google AdWords right now. Probably a LOT more in fact. And yet where are they? Why is the profiteer not profiteering?

People, watch this guy, he is NOT on our side.

Put up some ads, you have to pay for the server and your time somehow. I dont see it as profiteering of you to place a few banners. FYI I post links to your site all the time.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Put up some ads, you have to pay for the server and your time somehow.I dont see it as profiteering of you to place a few banners. FYI I post links to your site all the time.

Oh, I know, there's nothing wrong with making money at all - that's what outs this Commie invader.

And thank you.

aburan28
09-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I requested to join. I have a relatively strong background in PHP, MySql, CSS, JavaScript, and am learning Ajax techniques. I want to put my skills to good use but I don't know what to exactly do or create. Maybe we can coordinate something big!

dusman
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, you all are just going to have to learn to put your differences aside. Everyone gets a clean slate for now, deal?

What recommendations do you all have for a collaboration platform?

DanielGabriel
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I requested to join. Hope the group isn't exclusive to the U.S. :)
I'm familiar with js,mongodb,nodejs,mysql,php,css,html also with as3 and java, but I don't prefer those two very much.
I also have experience in sending large quantities of personalised newsletters (special offer's, mail newspapers etc.) and their handling on the back end.

Edu
09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I would like to suggest...

http://sourceforge.net/

It has everything a group of developers needs and it makes things clear as to what needs to be done or is done already. If used right, developers can put in time where needed easily. And it's free.

PastaRocket848
09-25-2011, 12:21 PM
I recommend github. Command line tolls are awesome and version control is simple. Easy to deploy straight from the terminal as well.

PastaRocket848
09-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh and just to say my point: I wasn't opposed to making money. I was opposed to making an app that amount to an ad for ronpaulflix when the agreement was to create a campaign tool incorporating the content from rpf, not a simple YouTube clone with rpf's content. Call it a misinterpretation of intentions.

DanielGabriel
10-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Come on guys look at facebook. Give me some work :)

hundleyj
10-04-2011, 02:33 AM
bump

gerryb
10-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Come on guys look at facebook. Give me some work :)

what work are you looking for? I'm sure someone has some ideas to send to your skillset =)

DanielGabriel
10-04-2011, 03:01 AM
PHP JavaScript SQL the usual :) AS3 (FLASH), nodejs, mongodb if needed, facebook stuff if really needed
I saw a few requests on our facebook group but didn't get any replies so far...

parocks
10-04-2011, 04:26 AM
We might discuss what we might like in an ideal Ron Paul website. What is missing? What do we need that we don't have already?
What are our priorities here, what is the most important thing?

1) a big database with Ron Paul Supporters data in it.
2) methods to get in touch with them, geographically.
3) Basically a community site, with the right features.

what would be those features.

I was just looking at JomGive. It adds to everyones jomsocial profile a way to quickly and easily send that person money. People don't like chipins that much - they'd prefer an alternative. And those long pac forms don't seem to be the right solutions in any case either.

Related to that, projects too can gather money, thermometers and the whole thing.

People, their ability to be communicated with and communicate, their ability to send money and get money.
Projects, presented well, able to gather money.

InTradePro
10-04-2011, 04:58 AM
I know what the ideal website is. It would be vital or at least popular enough so other people repeatably post in forums and places all over the internet.
Where do we communicate with web designers? Is a conversation happening somewhere? Maybe someone could PM me.

DanielGabriel
10-04-2011, 06:57 AM
We have a facebook page :rolleyes: http://www.facebook.com/groups/247340371974786/

Maybe we could make a: -make you're own Ron Paul website- kit flood the Internet with them and see which one gets popular.

Perhaps we could provide service to them like the forums and let people deign the looks, but essentially everyone would use the same one.

gerryb
10-05-2011, 03:40 AM
A skills and equipment database is a must have.

Simple form for checking/selecting from a list of skills. An additional form for selecting what equipment each individual has available for use. An additional area to select schedule available for applying said skills would be a bonus.

parocks
10-05-2011, 03:55 AM
We have a facebook page :rolleyes: http://www.facebook.com/groups/247340371974786/

Maybe we could make a: -make you're own Ron Paul website- kit flood the Internet with them and see which one gets popular.

Perhaps we could provide service to them like the forums and let people deign the looks, but essentially everyone would use the same one.

There has got to be someone who is better than me at building these websites.

I did http://bachmann2012.com - there was a thread here about 3 months ago, someone had bachmann2012.com - was wondering what to do with it, and the general consensus was that something should be put up, at least, and maybe sell the domains and send the $ to Ron Paul, or something beneficial would come of it. Anyway, it's there. It's not a popular site, or really anything great, but it's a functional news site with 3,000 articles, a video section, and the news articles and the forums are linked which I think is a somewhat neat trick.

Are there any joomla people who can think of a functionality that could be built into this? I know that we're lacking functionalities.

If we could put together a zipped up, functional website in a box that people could apply their own templates to, I would think that would be great. It also would be great if we could put all the functionalities together just once.

parocks
10-05-2011, 03:59 AM
A skills and equipment database is a must have.

Simple form for checking/selecting from a list of skills. An additional form for selecting what equipment each individual has available for use. An additional area to select schedule available for applying said skills would be a bonus.

This is a community site, yes? These skills and equipment are listed on the profile of the person, and this data could be obtained on registration? There could be a calendar component as well, and you could be looking at a plugin to the user profile.

ScotTFO
10-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Php/mysql/asp/mssql/jquery/web host here :)

Elwar
10-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Here is something that could be done well by a group of developers. I started on it but did not have time to step through all of the different things to get videos working on my website.

http://www.moviemasher.com/ (open source)

Movie Masher - basically it can be web based with a library of Ron Paul video clips and music/sound clips. Anyone can go on there and put the clips in any order, edit the video, add sound/transitions/text, etc. Then spit out a final movie. The final clip comes out as an XML file so storage is not bad on a server that hosts the videos.

There is a way to get the XML videos converted to video files but it requires some conversion software that I did not have time to mess with. Might be a good thing to put together. Get Ron Paul's video number up through the roof with non-stop video submissions.

(http://www.moviemasher.com/)

LinuxJedi
10-05-2011, 07:22 AM
There are a few of us hanging out on IRC at irc.freenode.net #ronpaultech

If we can get a critical mass together on IRC, we can do this open-source-style, and let the ideas and skills flow around until we get something awesome.

gerryb
10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
There are a few of us hanging out on IRC at irc.freenode.net #ronpaultech

If we can get a critical mass together on IRC, we can do this open-source-style, and let the ideas and skills flow around until we get something awesome.

Does freenode have any web clients?

LinuxJedi
10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
http://webchat.freenode.net/