PDA

View Full Version : Politico, National Journal Praise Ron Paul Campaign

bobbyw24
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Politico, National Journal Praise Ron Paul Campaign

http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/09/politico-national-journal-praise-ron-paul-campaign/

Chainspell
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Man I'm not saying I'm in not happy about it. But journalists who are corrupt, meaning that they don't tell the truth or obscure and hide the facts can't be called journalists, they're manipulators.

sailingaway
09-11-2011, 02:08 PM
National Journal's piece seems like apologia for Rick Perry, not like it really is cheering for Ron. Politico's sounded grudging, and you note they didn't release video of the interaction although they had to have it, since they were sponsors of the event.

I commented on it the other day, though.

D.A.S.
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't know what to make of Politico. Ron's campaign announces their breaking news on Politico's morning score, but then they turn around and slap him in the face whenever a major article comes out, or during debates they sponsor. Then smaller pieces come out on their website praising Ron's views or debate performance or the campaign. It just doesn't make any sense.

bobbyw24
09-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't know what to make of Politico. It just doesn't make any sense.

The MSM never does make sense

sailingaway
09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't know what to make of Politico. Ron's campaign announces their breaking news on Politico's morning score, but then they turn around and slap him in the face whenever a major article comes out, or during debates they sponsor. Then smaller pieces come out on their website praising Ron's views or debate performance or the campaign. It just doesn't make any sense.

I think they and MSNBC really wanted a Perry v Obama race so Obama would win. I think that is why they went so far so fast to try to 'narrow' the race when Perry was clearly in his honeymoon phase, trying to push conservatives to go to him, in opposition to Romney.

Heck TRUMP had numbers like this at one point. Until he's vetted, Perry's numbers mean nothing. And so far Romney is staying above the fray, which won't last forever, either.

InTradePro
09-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Until he's vetted, Perry's numbers mean nothing.
What does vetted mean here? Politicins aren't vetted by the media. The media give the okay if the sponsors are happy about them which often amounts to being corrupt enough to do as instructed.

sailingaway
09-11-2011, 05:15 PM
What does vetted mean here? Politicins aren't vetted by the media. The media give the okay if the sponsors are happy about them which often amounts to being corrupt enough to do as instructed.

People don't yet know his record, and see him as a white knight, close to that 'generic Republican' that is always trouncing Obama in polls. Everyone new on the 'conservative side' got a huge bump when they first got in, until voters knew them a bit better. That is what I meant by being vetted. Perry isn't even conservative, except on a handful of social issues.

D.A.S.
09-11-2011, 05:25 PM
CNN has been pretty good at debunking Trump, and there was a lot of negative reaction to Trump early on. Recently, CNN put up a video of Perry being heckled by an Iowa State college student, where Perry kind of put a finger on the student's chest, as he likes to do, and said "are you gonna let me talk? no? ok, then..."

The ball is rolling against Perry. He's a polarizing enough personality, kind of like Bachmann, and look where Bachmann is now, from being almost a presumptive front-runner.

gb13
09-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Yes it does. They know the mainstream voters get most of their news from the TV, so they trash him on the tube every chance they get. They also know that Ron Paul has a very strong internet presence, so they occasionally post favorable online articles to appease us.