PDA

View Full Version : Worlds first ever astro turf ron paul revolution stencil!

peterguy
09-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Introducing the worlds first ever Ron Paul Revoution astro turf stencil. Anyone up for a game of mini golf Ron Paul Style?

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n512/meowmixeater/?action=view&current=101_0012.jpg

It took me about eight full hours to make this because I dont have a projector. Heres what I did if you want to make one yourself

1. First download the font Stencilia-A and put in your windows/fonts folder
2. Open word and set the margins to the smallest possible
3. Choose stencilia-A font and pump those letters up to size 800
4. Right out "Ron Paul REVOLUTION". each letter should be one full page
5. Print out all the pages
6. Cut out each individual letter so each page becomes a stencil in of itself. (This part takes forever)
7. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy some astro turf, duct tape, and spraypaint. I got my astroturf for $17.
8. Turn the astro turf over so the black side is facing up and lay the letters in the same fashion as this:

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n512/meowmixeater/?action=view&current=right.jpg

You want to remove the letters for "LOVE" though. but keep the space where LOVE would go open without any lettering there.

9. Tape all the letters to the back side of the astroturf after laying them all down like in the above picture and then use the spray paint to spray through all the letter stencils.
10. Remove the papers and cut out all the letters on the astroturf
11. Cut out the banner from the rest of the remaining astorturf
12. Take some of the scrap astro turf, turn it over so the black side faces up and lay down the letters for LOVE in the exact same way as the above picture. You should be able to read LOVE normally.
13. Spray paint thru the letter stencils
14. Remove the stencils and cut out the letters from the astroturf
15. cut out the LOVE banner so its just a small rectangle like in the above pictures
16. Your stencil is done (finally)

muzzled dogg
09-11-2011, 01:36 PM
cool

sailingaway
09-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Innovative, to use astroturf!

Welcome to the forums!

gb13
09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Nice work, man! Welcome aboard.

libertybrewcity
09-11-2011, 01:45 PM
awesome, looks great!

neverseen
09-11-2011, 01:46 PM
why astro turf?

Thylacine
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Because they called us Astro turf instead of grassroots...

Avalon
09-11-2011, 02:02 PM
The problem with most materials is that they can only absorb so much spray paint and then they make messy banners thereafter. My guess is astroturf would absorb hardly any so even your second banner would have messy edges. Wood was recommended last cycle (cut with a jigsaw) which is what my group did but I'm looking for alternatives this go around for the slogan signs of which I'm only making a handful.

sailingaway
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
The problem with most materials is that they can only absorb so much spray paint and then they make messy banners thereafter. My guess is astroturf would absorb hardly any so even your second banner would have messy edges. Wood was recommended last cycle (cut with a jigsaw) which is what my group did but I'm looking for alternatives this go around for the slogan signs of which I'm only making a handful.

I think he means the 'stencil' to actually BE the banner. It would get sloppy with paint in the 'grass' I would think. I think he's just poking fun at people calling us astroturf.