PDA

View Full Version : Dont Donate Till Ur Timezone

0zzy
11-04-2007, 11:45 PM
It's not time for everyone to donate. The central time zone comes up in 25 minutes. Mountain time zone an hour after that. And pacific time zone in 2 hours and 25minutes.

STOP DONATING IF ITS NOT THE 5TH FOR U YET

Johncjackson
11-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Why would it matter? Or this just to keep from overloading?

braeden0613
11-04-2007, 11:48 PM
does it matter for the daily total? b/c the countdown says 13 minutes left for me in the central timezone

Energy
11-04-2007, 11:49 PM
does it matter for the daily total? b/c the countdown says 13 minutes left for me in the central timezone

thisnovember5th countdown is based on your computer's clock

Johncjackson
11-04-2007, 11:50 PM
If time is going by EST, it is the 5th. The date does not shift depending on time zone. The date is what it is in the time zone being used. Otherwise there would never be such a thing as a "daily total" as it would shift dependent on location. If I start counting at 12am Eastern, then I stop counting at 12am Eastern.

BLS
11-04-2007, 11:51 PM
It's not time for everyone to donate. The central time zone comes up in 25 minutes. Mountain time zone an hour after that. And pacific time zone in 2 hours and 25minutes.

STOP DONATING IF ITS NOT THE 5TH FOR U YET

Can you elaborate why?

0zzy
11-04-2007, 11:54 PM
If time is going by EST, it is the 5th. The date does not shift depending on time zone. The date is what it is in the time zone being used. Otherwise there would never be such a thing as a "daily total" as it would shift dependent on location. If I start counting at 12am Eastern, then I stop counting at 12am Eastern.

I don't believe so. The totals are added up in each time zone. The RonPaulGraphs are based on data collected at 12-12est. But the FEC will have it where it would be collected 12-12 per time zone. Amirite?

aksmith
11-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm on the West Coast and my wife donated. Nobody gives a damn where it's coming from and the FEC doesn't track that either. All that matters is what the clock on the website says and that means East Coast Time. So, my 500 counts toward the Nov 5th total. Or if it doesn't, then so what?

nexalacer
11-04-2007, 11:58 PM
If this were true, I could have donated 15 hours ago when it became the 5th in Japan and it would have counted... I don't think that's how it works.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I say keeps it steady up.
we dont want a puff and a thud.

I'm not donating till after noon sometime tomorrow.
wouldnt it be shit if all it was was us forum users and myspace users and then dead the rest of the time?????
*crossing fingers*

anyways some of you ave your donations for tomorrow. Do it in front of people you know, company you have over etc etc instead of at midnight drinking redbulls and smoking cigarettes hitting refresh over and over in front of your computer!!
now time to go have a smoke, all out of redbull! lol
make my donation tomorrow evening. w00t w00t

0zzy
11-05-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm on the West Coast and my wife donated. Nobody gives a damn where it's coming from and the FEC doesn't track that either. All that matters is what the clock on the website says and that means East Coast Time. So, my 500 counts toward the Nov 5th total. Or if it doesn't, then so what?

:~~! Well that would mean that he didn't raise XXX amount during the 5th of Nov.

Johncjackson
11-05-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't believe so. The totals are added up in each time zone. The RonPaulGraphs are based on data collected at 12-12est. But the FEC will have it where it would be collected 12-12 per time zone. Amirite?

So the FEC is going to have multiple sets of numbers?

When RP totals how much he raises, he has to have a start time and end time, right. It can't be a moving target. I don't think it matters for daily, but there is a cutoff time, and I'm sure it's all based on EST.

bgky4paul
11-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Wow, for a bunch of libertarians, some people sure are bossy!;)

I'm going to bed now. Can't wait to see what we've pulled off by morning!

mkrfctr
11-05-2007, 12:10 AM
You all do realize that this is not like an end-of-quarter thing where there is an actual cut off time set by the FEC ?

This is just a Ron Paul press release number - of which they can choose to use east coast time period, or a time period from start of nov 5 just across international date line until the end of nov 5th just before the date line - whatever they want!

0zzy
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
You all do realize that this is not like an end-of-quarter thing where there is an actual cut off time set by the FEC ?

This is just a Ron Paul press release number - of which they can choose to use east coast time period, or a time period from start of nov 5 just across international date line until the end of nov 5th just before the date line - whatever they want!

Ya, it really wouldn't effect anything but the FEC report at the end of the quarter. But I was just wanting us all to donate on the 5th.

Btw, someone said "it isn't a moving target". But, why were we able to donate after 12EST at the end of the quarter and it still counted because we were CST or PST? Right?

idono :X

speciallyblend
11-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Well ,I'm waiting till 12 mtn time,just because its not the 5th yet;)