PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: We Won't Go To War In The Middle East Again

bobbyw24
09-11-2011, 11:54 AM
WASHINGTON -- Sen. Jon McCain defended the government's decision to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan in the wake of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, but said he recognizes that public opinion would prevent the United States from going to war in the Middle East again soon.

"I think we did the right thing there, but I also think we learned a lot of lessons, and frankly, I don't think you're going to see the United States of America in another war in that part of the world," McCain (R-Ariz.) said on "Fox News Sunday," speaking on the 10-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

"I don't think American public opinion would stand for it," he added.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/11/john-mccain-we-wont-go-to_n_957303.html

CaptainAmerica
09-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Oh John McCain, ...he would say anything to the popular opinion wouldn't he when it gets him something.

heavenlyboy34
09-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh John McCain, ...he would say anything to the popular opinion wouldn't he when it gets him something.
Yep, that's him in a nutshell.

muzzled dogg
09-11-2011, 12:45 PM

I won't stand for it and Christopher Reeve won't sit for it neither

Lucille
09-11-2011, 02:21 PM
WASHINGTON -- Sen. Jon McCain defended the government's decision to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan in the wake of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, but said he recognizes that public opinion would prevent the United States from going to war in the Middle East again soon.

"I think we did the right thing there, but I also think we learned a lot of lessons, and frankly, I don't think you're going to see the United States of America in another war in that part of the world," McCain (R-Ariz.) said on "Fox News Sunday," speaking on the 10-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/11/john-mccain-we-wont-go-to_n_957303.html

Since when did Washington start caring what the American people think? Unless of course, it's an election year. After that, it's back to them doing whatever the hell they want.

acptulsa
09-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Which is why we may be bombing the snot out of Libya, Yemen and Somalia, but we're not 'at war' with any of them. And is why we don't get moments of silence on the evening news for the 'assets' we lose in these places.

What McCain doesn't understand is that a rose by any other name smells as sweet, and a turd by any other name smells as bad.

libertybrewcity
09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
John McCain a non-interventionist! HAHAHAHA

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Which is why we may be bombing the snot out of Libya, Yemen and Somalia, but we're not 'at war' with any of them.Yep, we'll still go to war there, but the politicians will play word games and not call it war.

kylejack
09-11-2011, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg