PDA

View Full Version : WATCH: A Father's Tribute To His Two Sons, Lost In The Line Of Duty On 9/11

Agorism
09-11-2011, 07:12 AM
WATCH: A Father's Tribute To His Two Sons, Lost In The Line Of Duty On 9/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfWa9gI-Bks

fisharmor
09-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Cop uniform is militarized.

It looks to me like an anachronism with pretty despicable intentions.

V4Vendetta
09-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Good video!! Fisharmor needs a grasp on reality

pcosmar
09-11-2011, 08:50 AM
A nice rememberance.
perhaps one day there will be justice for them, but it won't be found by bombing families in the Middle East.

donnay
09-11-2011, 09:09 AM
A nice rememberance.
perhaps one day there will be justice for them, but it won't be found by bombing families in the Middle East.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

V4Vendetta
09-11-2011, 09:28 AM
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wondering: "Did you watch the video?? Listen to what the father said about his two sons dieing? Its a truly touching story."

You post a quote about something totally unrelated. The man was sharing his story of his two son's memories.

AbVag
09-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Wondering: "Did you watch the video?? Listen to what the father said about his two sons dieing? Its a truly touching story."

You post a quote about something totally unrelated. The man was sharing his story of his two son's memories.

What hurts is to see stories like this and realize what those deaths are being used to justify.

fisharmor
09-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Good video!! Fisharmor needs a grasp on reality

Reality is this: if cops weren't running around NYC pre-911 with vests on the outside and wearing tactical caps, then the video maker put an anachronism in the video.
There is no reason to depict the cop wearing a militarized uniform, except to further acclimate us to the idea that this is what they do. "See, the first responders were wearing battle gear - that's why they need it!"

donnay
09-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Yes I viewed it, and it is heart wrenching from a parents perspective to lose your sons to a tragedy like 9/11 or any tragedy, for that matter. My response was directed after pcosmar, and in retrospect, I should have quoted what he said and then posted my quote. I will edit it now. My apologies... I wasn't trying to besmirch or sully the man's story about his sons, however, I wonder if he backs what government is doing, currently, in the names of his sons?