PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul going on Opie & Anthony?

rawful
09-11-2011, 02:41 AM
I'm watching Anthony's webcast and he just said they're working to get RP in studio. :cool:

He says it at the 2:00:00 mark.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17201703

mit26chell
09-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Strongly dislike them. I have faith he'll be ready to fire back!

jct74
09-11-2011, 02:47 AM
link?

rawful
09-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Link in OP

Gage
09-11-2011, 06:12 AM
I like Howard Stern better.

Verrater
09-11-2011, 06:35 AM
He actually says they hate us for our freedom. What a blatant moron.

Zarn Solen
09-11-2011, 06:39 AM
I can't stand them. I would not expect anything articulate to come out of them.

Corpsman4Liberty
09-11-2011, 06:47 AM
I used to always listen to them, Anthony loves guns. I don't see why he wouldn't be all for Ron Paul.

icecap
09-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Anthony seems to agree with 98% of ron paul's stances, but he nonetheless sticks to the usual "he has some good ideas, but he's a lunatic" response whenever ron paul is brought up.

The problem is that he approaches politics from a mainstream perspective and prefers to believe the mainstream media over all else because he attributes popularity with credibility. Due to this, he believes that muslims hate us for our freedoms instead of them hating us because we bomb the hell out of them. He likely won't change his mind on this issue either because it's so deeply entrenched in his world view.

Having said that, I think Ron Paul should definitely think about going on the show because it would give him some well needed exposure. Jim Norton has said some good things about Paul on the show, so hopefully they will treat him respectfully if he ever goes on their show.

Kludge
09-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I saw that interview with Jesse Ventura, and they laugh about people killing themselves.

Eric21ND
09-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Those guys are clowns. I'd rather he go on another program, Joe Rogan would be keen.

evilfunnystuff
09-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Ya, I don't think Ron should go on.

We should start a campaign to get Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope on the show to represent Paul both are smart guys and capable of dealing with these guys on there own level, should they go low brow.

rawful
09-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Ron will do well. They won't attack him because they like enough of what he says. I just hope he's ready for tranny jokes.

evilfunnystuff
09-11-2011, 08:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDQ8uul0Gs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKi_VrYbeBg

Steve-in-NY
09-11-2011, 08:11 AM
refuse.

sluggo
09-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I'd rather have Ron on the Adam Carolla show.

evilfunnystuff
09-11-2011, 08:19 AM
I'd rather have Ron on the Adam Carolla show.

This^^^ Carolla would be respectful.

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Anthony is a super right-wing conservative. He's a smart guy, but he disagrees with us when it comes to foreign policy. Jim Norton has been warming up to Ron Paul's views on ALL fronts and if Ron is going to be on the show, I have a feeling that Jim is the reason for it.

Incidentally, I love those guys. I listen to their full show every day.

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Those guys are clowns. I'd rather he go on another program, Joe Rogan would be keen.

Rogan is excellent.

O&A frequently have him on. They also have Penn on all the time. I think it would be great to have Ron Paul on WITH at least one of those two guys. It would be a Libertarian love-fest.

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 10:13 AM
O&A are nice to every guest who doesn't come in and treat them like garbage, like Jesse Ventura did.

satchelmcqueen
09-11-2011, 10:24 AM
id strongly suggest that this is one interview that ron shouldnt be in. please someone with influence with pauls people, let them know this is a BAD idea. this will only make paul either look foolish or just plain un presidential. we dont need a morton downy jr type thing now from these guys.

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 10:27 AM
id strongly suggest that this is one interview that ron shouldnt be in. please someone with influence with pauls people, let them know this is a BAD idea. this will only make paul either look foolish or just plain un presidential. we dont need a morton downy jr type thing now from these guys.

Why do you say that? They have libertarians on all the time. Penn, Rogan, Stanhope, etc. Lordy, Alex Jones is a regular on the show and he always has a great time with the guys.

rawful
09-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Why do you say that? They have libertarians on all the time. Penn, Rogan, Stanhope, etc. Lordy, Alex Jones is a regular on the show and he always has a great time with the guys.

Don't forget Bill Burr, he voted for him. They're friends with half of Ron Paul's celebrity supporters. lol

r3volution
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvkedziZY4

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Don't forget Bill Burr, he voted for him. They're friends with half of Ron Paul's celebrity supporters. lol

oh! right! I forgot about Burr.

I just watch Let It Go on Friday. I laughed out loud many times, one of which was when he was impersonating his potential son saying "Daddy keeps money in the walls because he doesn't trust banks!"

D.A.S.
09-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I actually think it's not a bad idea for Ron to go into an unfriendly territory. If he's on his game and calls them out on the bullcrap, he'd be planting the seed of liberty with what could be unlikely sources. They may fight it at first, but I do believe people do come around eventually. And Ron's a wise old owl, he can take of himself.

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I actually think it's not a bad idea for Ron to go into an unfriendly territory. If he's on his game and calls them out on the bullcrap, he'd be planting the seed of liberty with what could be unlikely sources. They may fight it at first, but I do believe people do come around eventually. And Ron's a wise old owl, he can take of himself.

The more I think about it, the more I think it might actually be a waste of time. Those guys push libertarian talking points constantly, and their guests constantly do the same. Further, their target audience, males aged 18-40, are already pretty solidly supporting Paul.

That said, I'm sure they'd give Ron a VERY fair shake and that they'd come away from the interview singing his praises even more than they already do.

Some Jim Norton tweets recently:
"Ron Paul won overwhelmingly (54%). Does it mean anything? Maybe. Am I a douche for answering my own question? Absolutely."

"Watching Ron Paul clips. He seems to really know his $h*^. He is answering specific questions smartly. His suit fits poorly. I like him."

"I think Ron Paul is a smart guy, answered questions brilliantly. But I will never support someone that thinks evolution is wrong."

"“@JasonLCox: Who cares if he believes Jesus rode dinosaurs? If he can fix this country, he can f&^* my mother for all I care.”- Good point"

"What I DO like about Ron Paul is that he answers questions directly. I guess i'm up in the air. Enough politics, I need my @%^ eaten."

tasteless
09-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Ahahaha, I love it. He won't go on O'Reilly's show because he's not journalistic enough, but he'll go on Opie and Anthony.

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
started from the beginning of this Live From the Compound show, and I just got to the part where Ant hinted at the Ron Paul interview. Sounds like he's really excited for it and considers Ron to be a nice get. In-studio, to boot! That really would be wonderful.

USAFCapt
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
All 3 would love him. This is a must, how can we make it happen?

KingNothing
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
All 3 would love him. This is a must, how can we make it happen?

I'm just going to send them tweets and messages. I'll even send them to Sam, E-Rock and Roland, all of whom are tremendous individuals.

rawful
12-02-2011, 09:48 PM
They were talking about the candidates today and a RP supporter called up.

Audio
http://www.mediafire.com/?knp7tawdwwyn4uc

unknown
12-03-2011, 01:39 AM
They ambushed Ventura, no doubt they'll do the same with RP. I would decline.

MikeM39
12-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Anthony seems to agree with 98% of ron paul's stances, but he nonetheless sticks to the usual "he has some good ideas, but he's a lunatic" response whenever ron paul is brought up.

The problem is that he approaches politics from a mainstream perspective and prefers to believe the mainstream media over all else because he attributes popularity with credibility. Due to this, he believes that muslims hate us for our freedoms instead of them hating us because we bomb the hell out of them. He likely won't change his mind on this issue either because it's so deeply entrenched in his world view.

Unfortunately you've just described how most conformist Republicans think.

KingNothing
12-03-2011, 08:39 AM
They ambushed Ventura, no doubt they'll do the same with RP. I would decline.

They didn't ambush Ventura. He went on and acted like an asshole for a couple hours, then turned into a bully. He was atrocious.

They'd be fine to Ron.

pacelli
12-03-2011, 09:30 AM
They were talking about the candidates today and a RP supporter called up.

Audio
http://www.mediafire.com/?knp7tawdwwyn4uc

Thanks for the link. They make one valid point, he needs to show people his personality.

HRD53
12-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Listen, I like O&A and listen to them regularly, but I really don't feel the show is a good forum for his ideas (same with the Howard Stern show). Take a listen to how they treated a supporter in 2008... granted this is their shtick so it comes with the territory, but like i said.... not a good forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaP0CxhlUmc

KingNothing
12-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Steve from Yellowstone is always fun. Goddam, I love that show.
I've talked to Ant at length about Paul. He takes Ron seriously and appreciates most of his stances, but is put off by your typical Paul supporter. Jim will most likely vote for Paul. He's said as much multiple times on air, and cited folks like Joe Rogan for influencing his opinion. Opie is apolitical and leans towards "common sense" politicians. They'd be great to Ron.

AJ187
12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Wait the chick from baywatch is a RP fan. That's pretty cool!

Nate
12-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Ahahaha, I love it. He won't go on O'Reilly's show because he's not journalistic enough, but he'll go on Opie and Anthony.

+1

O'Reilly is a clown & deserving of nothing but contempt. If I were Ron I wouldn't go on that disrespectful, anti-intellectual, chicken hawk's show either.

rawful
01-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Opie just tweeted

"It's true that I endorsed @ronpaul on today's show. We're trying to book him for an interview hopefully in the very near future."

http://twitter.com/OpieRadio

Eric21ND
01-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Stay far away from these radioactive clowns. We need to boost our numbers in the over 50 demographic and women, this interview won't help and could damage our standing.

icecap
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I disagree. If O&A have really turned around on ron paul (they used to just ignore him) then it could be a really good interview that gets heard by a LOT of people.

ropo
01-05-2012, 05:54 PM
No thanks.

KingNothing
01-05-2012, 05:59 PM
NICE! O & A are great. Jimmy Norton already has backed Ron. They're all very close friends with Rogan, who co-hosts their show when he's in town, and they love Doug Stanhope who obviously backs Ron and Louis CK who probably does.

Makes sense that Opie has endorsed Ron, too. I think Ron and Benton should go on the show sometime. That would be neat.

HRD53
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
NICE! O & A are great. Jimmy Norton already has backed Ron. They're all very close friends with Rogan, who co-hosts their show when he's in town, and they love Doug Stanhope who obviously backs Ron and Louis CK who probably does.

Makes sense that Opie has endorsed Ron, too. I think Ron and Benton should go on the show sometime. That would be neat.

Louis CK is a pretty liberal... I doubt he is too much into Dr. Paul.

Andrew Ryan
01-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Stay far away from these radioactive clowns. We need to boost our numbers in the over 50 demographic and women, this interview won't help and could damage our standing.
This.

matt0611
01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't go on this show...

TheDrakeMan
01-05-2012, 07:50 PM
He should do a satellite radio tour in the event that he loses. He can promote a final book or something, who knows. But it would be worth doing eventually (20 million subscribes to satellite radio). He could hit up the political talk shows and may be Stern.

But right now? Not really sure how much it would benefit him.

unknown
01-05-2012, 07:52 PM
NO. Regardless of whether or not you like the show, they are big time hawks. No effing way. You see what they did to Ventura?

NO NO NO. F*CK NO.

Okie RP fan
01-05-2012, 08:02 PM
They thrashed Ventura today for being anti-war.

agorist ninja
01-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Bad idea.

KingNothing
01-05-2012, 08:11 PM
He probably doesn't gain much by doing it, but they wouldn't treat him poorly. They're always good to guests. They have Alex Jones on frequently, and he jokes around with them.

...they also have Dr. Kaku on all the time, and mock him mercilessly. And Louis CK asked Don Rumsfeld if he was a lizard person, repeatedly, on the show.

....it would only be a good idea to do if Benton went on with him, I think.