PDA

View Full Version : For how long America will live with fear of terror attacks?

moderate libertarian
09-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Multiple choice poll.
Are enhanced security measures like TSA checking of private body parts/ body scans of Americans, extra constitutional intrusions into Americans lives permanent or will end someday? For how long you think America will live with current level of fear of terror attacks?
Will our gand children 50-100 years from now will still be facing enhanced TSA checking same way, taking off their shoes at airports?

Also, how does how threatened/secure we feel relate to actual terror risk? In Aug 2001, America felt very low fear of terror attacks.

acptulsa
09-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Other: Until we all die of hypertension from getting the crap scared out of us by the terrormedia.

BlackTerrel
09-10-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't know anyone who lives in fear of terrorist attacks. Any more than people live in fear of hurricanes. We just realize it exists.

Also, how does how threatened/secure we feel relate to actual terror risk? In Aug 2001, America felt very low fear of terror attacks.

Well back before 9/11 there was only one guy predicting terrorist attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXYd5eHfRIE

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Until shortly after Paul takes up residence in the White Hours and brings all the troops home.

newbitech
09-10-2011, 01:14 PM
folks are going to fear terrorist attacks as long as there are WMD's

pcosmar
09-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Don't Know.

When we cease to be a world "superpower". Whenever that happens.

freeforall
09-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't know, but I hate what they put the people of New York through every year by telling them they are a possible target for another attack (even though it seems it is always unconfirmed.)

BuddyRey
09-10-2011, 02:20 PM
As long as the politicians and their pet media tell us to.

moderate libertarian
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Bit surprised to see so few people voted for this poll choice:

50 more years or till Iraq/Afghan war orphans reach 40+ 9.09%

Iraq shelter bombed by US remains frozen in time

BAGHDAD, (AFP) - A bleak civilian bomb shelter where hundreds of Iraqis were killed by US missiles 20 years ago remains frozen in time, occasionally visited by relatives of victims who come to pray. The February 13, 1991 bombing of the Al-Amriyah bunker in western Baghdad during the first Gulf War killed 403 men, women and children. It hit world headlines and was trumpeted by Saddam Hussein as a symbol of US "barbarity".

The first smart bomb tore through the 2.5-metre (8-foot) thick roof, and a second followed with deadly force, transforming the shelter below into a fatal furnace. A deep cavity in the floor, charred walls and thick pieces of mangled metal mark the force of that historic blast.

"But didn't the Americans have satellites to know that it was a civilian shelter?" Hussein Nasser, who lost his mother and five siblings in the bunker, asked incredulously. "They knew very well who was inside, but they wanted to strike hard to overwhelm the Iraqi regime," said the 46-year-old, adding that he was raising his three children to hate "the crimes of America".

http://sundaytimes.lk/110220/Timestwo/t2_24.html

Rothbardian Girl
09-11-2011, 10:57 AM
As long as Ron Paul is not elected, America will continue to live in perpetual fear. I think superficially if Ron became president, a lot of people would probably be nervous because they would still subscribe to the wrong viewpoint, that if we withdraw from these countries and eliminate our "behind-the-scenes" work, we will be obliterated... but if we continue to have interventionist presidents, the blowback will just keep coming.

steph3n
09-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't fear them today, I didn't fear them on 9/11, 9/12 etc... Why live in fear?

CaptainAmerica
09-11-2011, 12:37 PM
The question in the poll is irrelevant. The government will wait until enough people of the generation too young to remember the U.S. before 9/11/01 vote and give approval of all the illegal government that they grew up and were use to living under. Once the youth who were too young to know how the U.S. use to be more free and safe will be so use to the brainwash that they wont know the difference. That is all the u.s. government needs to do to make its checkmate.

libertyjam
09-11-2011, 12:42 PM
The question in the poll is irrelevant. The government will wait until enough people of the generation too young to remember the U.S. before 9/11/01 vote and give approval of all the illegal government that they grew up and were use to living under. Once the youth who were too young to know how the U.S. use to be more free and safe will be so use to the brainwash that they wont know the difference. That is all the u.s. government needs to do to make its checkmate.

I agree
+1

smartguy911
09-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I didn't see this option -

"As long media keeps scaring the crap out of people"

heavenlyboy34
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
According to Bin Laden, it will go on till the USG withdraws from the Mideast and stops oppressing the people there. See "Why They Hate Us (http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance257.html)".