PDA

View Full Version : unemployed bs tactics

satchelmcqueen
09-10-2011, 09:11 AM
i saw a posting for a land surveyor on the DOL web site. I went in personally to see who posted the job so that I could go talk to them as it was posted in my town.

i tell the lady i have 7 yrs experience in surveying and asked if she could help me. my plan was to just go talk to them myself after i found out who they were. well, it turns out that they did need someone, however due to a program the government has, i didnt qualify for the job because i wasnt able to prove that i had been out of work for 16 weeks. the reason i couldnt prove it was because i couldnt draw unemployment when i got laid off. i didnt qualify.

so after them telling me who the company was, i just left in frustration and went and talked to them myself. i got the job and im supposed to start next week!! i got lucky there.

but the point of my post is that the gov is even making it hard for unemployed people to actually get available jobs now with some of these bs programs. i was told that this particular program was only for people who could prove they were out of work (drawing UEI ) AND the employer who hires these people who qualify get a salary reimbursement of 90%!!! so it is an incentive for employers to get very cheap labor. at $10hr an employer would really only be paying $1hr after these reimbursements.

i know some will say this will help business, and im sure it will, but the greedy will use these people until the program runs its course, then lay them off again and start over with a new cheap hire. so in summary...people dont qualify unless they draw unemployment for a a certain period..( government tit) then the salaries get paid back by the tax payers (more government tit)...AND it almost cost me the job! so much for looking for work huh?

kylejack
09-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Hm, this is strange, partly because not everyone who is unemployed is qualified to apply for unemployment benefits, e.g. people who had not been with previous employer for long enough. Do you know the name of the program?

satchelmcqueen
09-10-2011, 01:10 PM
i dont know the name sorry.

LibertyRevolution
09-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Its cool, Obama jobs Act will:
"Pass this jobs bill, and companies will get a $4,000 tax credit if they hire anyone who has spent more than six months looking for a job.".
Oh, and of course he wants to extend unemployment another year.

So when I eventually do get off unemployment, hiring me comes with a $4,000 tax write off.
So as an employer who would you hire? The unemployed guy with the $4,000bonus, or the reliable guy with the steady work record...

Thank you obama for making being unemployed a plus on my resumé.

Basically, your boss can lay you off or fire your without cause, then you can collect unemployment.
Then 20 weeks later he offers you a rehire, which you must accept or it will disqualify you from collecting unemployment.
= profit.

I predict this will change the way america works.
Employers will hire people, work them for 16 weeks, then fire them without cause putting them on unemployment.
Then 26 weeks later, rehire them, work them for 16 weeks, fire them.
Rinse and repeat.. Jobs for everyone...

16weeks working, 26 weeks unemployment, 16 weeks working. Welcome to the new American work year.

CaptainAmerica
09-10-2011, 10:23 PM
i saw a posting for a land surveyor on the DOL web site. I went in personally to see who posted the job so that I could go talk to them as it was posted in my town.

i tell the lady i have 7 yrs experience in surveying and asked if she could help me. my plan was to just go talk to them myself after i found out who they were. well, it turns out that they did need someone, however due to a program the government has, i didnt qualify for the job because i wasnt able to prove that i had been out of work for 16 weeks. the reason i couldnt prove it was because i couldnt draw unemployment when i got laid off. i didnt qualify.

so after them telling me who the company was, i just left in frustration and went and talked to them myself. i got the job and im supposed to start next week!! i got lucky there.

but the point of my post is that the gov is even making it hard for unemployed people to actually get available jobs now with some of these bs programs. i was told that this particular program was only for people who could prove they were out of work (drawing UEI ) AND the employer who hires these people who qualify get a salary reimbursement of 90%!!! so it is an incentive for employers to get very cheap labor. at $10hr an employer would really only be paying $1hr after these reimbursements.

i know some will say this will help business, and im sure it will, but the greedy will use these people until the program runs its course, then lay them off again and start over with a new cheap hire. so in summary...people dont qualify unless they draw unemployment for a a certain period..( government tit) then the salaries get paid back by the tax payers (more government tit)...AND it almost cost me the job! so much for looking for work huh? THANK the GOVERNMENT for "TAX CREDITS" given out to employers who hire WELFARE RECIPIENTS. Ive been discriminated non stop this year because of it.

reillym
09-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Its cool, Obama jobs Act will:
"Pass this jobs bill, and companies will get a $4,000 tax credit if they hire anyone who has spent more than six months looking for a job.".
Oh, and of course he wants to extend unemployment another year.

So when I eventually do get off unemployment, hiring me comes with a $4,000 tax write off.
So as an employer who would you hire? The unemployed guy with the $4,000bonus, or the reliable guy with the steady work record...

Thank you obama for making being unemployed a plus on my resumé.

Basically, your boss can lay you off or fire your without cause, then you can collect unemployment.
Then 20 weeks later he offers you a rehire, which you must accept or it will disqualify you from collecting unemployment.
= profit.

I predict this will change the way america works.
Employers will hire people, work them for 16 weeks, then fire them without cause putting them on unemployment.
Then 26 weeks later, rehire them, work them for 16 weeks, fire them.
Rinse and repeat.. Jobs for everyone...

16weeks working, 26 weeks unemployment, 16 weeks working. Welcome to the new American work year.

You are deluding yourself if you think the bill doesn't cover behavior like this. All basic job bills make sure companies can't simply rehire the same people.

I cannot believe you just tried to make that argument. You must be ashamed of yourself.

The Free Hornet
09-10-2011, 11:03 PM
This is picking winners and losers. They also want breaks for veterans. And it is all an emotional plea - "What you don't like veterans who fought for your freedom???!!!"

It is such a joke. The sad thing is I don't know if Republicans can craft a jobs plan or at least be clever in paying for Obamas:

1) end the Department of Labor and the EEOC
2) end the Department of Education
3) end the Department of Energy
4) end BS research subsidies
5) defund PBS, NPR, NEA...
6) end mandated use of ethanol
7) declare CO2 a non-pollutant (it isn't) and limit the EPA to current, known pollutants
8) end the ESA, return this right to states (who should have to buy land or compensate when they declare it a critters home)

Repealing the minimum wage, employer-paid unemployment insurance (China is paying regardless), end the war on drugs.

We could be under 5% unemployment in a year.

DamianTV
09-12-2011, 02:06 AM
THANK the GOVERNMENT for "TAX CREDITS" given out to employers who hire WELFARE RECIPIENTS. Ive been discriminated non stop this year because of it.

I havent been able to collect benefits either, although I've been out of work for almost a year, and prior to that, about a year there as well. It is no wonder no one even so much as responds to my resumes, emails, phone calls or walk ins.