PDA

View Full Version : We have a YouTube problem

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 04:32 AM
last campaign we had many hundreds - robably thousands of youtubers 4 paul. Now I do a search and I'm finding tons of anti-paul youtubes though most are just straight speeches. Still a LOT of anti-paul material - none of which I saw last time.

Google aquired them between then and now right? we couldn't have lost THOUSANDS of youtubers in that amount of time!

What do we do about this?

Chainspell
09-10-2011, 04:54 AM
hmm when I was making my video and I was looking for RP supporters it was kind of hard I had to really dig through links, but they're there. They just don't show on searches often for some reason. Try typing "ron paul supporter" or endorsement. I think Ron Paul is more popular now than 4 years ago so the number of anti-RP will be in direct proportion to the massive support we are getting. And also the search results are flooded with just speeches and RP talking, so it's really drowned out the support videos.

Actually let me know where you find these anti ron paul videos coz I've been looking for them and I cant find any of them except for that amazingathiest guy. I was actually surprised that you said you found a lot of anti RP videos lol.

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 06:12 AM
I linked to 2 - see the media spin thread and just from titles at least 5...

MJU1983
09-10-2011, 06:14 AM
last campaign we had many hundreds - robably thousands of youtubers 4 paul. Now I do a search and I'm finding tons of anti-paul youtubes though most are just straight speeches. Still a LOT of anti-paul material - none of which I saw last time.

Google aquired them between then and now right? we couldn't have lost THOUSANDS of youtubers in that amount of time!

What do we do about this?

Yeah I'm not sure what happened. Earlier this year if you searched "Ron Paul" on YouTube you'd get ~1,000,000 results. Now, I just searched and only got 38,200. Weird.

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Yeah I'm not sure what happened. Earlier this year if you searched "Ron Paul" on YouTube you'd get ~1,000,000 results. Now, I just searched and only got 38,200. Weird.

Can we get friendly journalists to write about this?

I was specifically looking for RP music video's and used to be able to find hours and hours of them - now I can just fnd Ammie Allen and one other.

:mad:

time4change
09-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Actually let me know where you find these anti ron paul videos coz I've been looking for them and I cant find any of them except for that amazingathiest guy. I was actually surprised that you said you found a lot of anti RP videos lol.
Here's a nice one which I just watched today:

"Most Ron Paul supporters dont care if hes a racist." - htt p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSmdQEEwjVw

I broke the link to avoid giving the guy any search engine boosting link juice.

Texas
09-10-2011, 06:33 AM
This is exactly why we need to get a social media strategy in place to push increased views to the youtube videos as well as sharing to other social networks.

Elfshadow
09-10-2011, 06:55 AM
I don't know whats going on with youtube, but even Barack Obama went from over 1,000,000 results a couple weeks ago to 38,000. I think they are weeding out videos that aren't seeing traffic.

If you think about it, it's probably the deal with the music industry about paying licensing on songs. How many of the missing videos are ones where they have to pay for it if it uses a song that they have to pay for?

Alot of them are probably dissappearing because of this
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/08/youtube-signs-licenses-with-music-publishers-settling-lawsuit.html

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Under the deal, YouTube would share a portion of the advertising revenue tied to videos featuring licensed music. The terms of the royalty payments, however, are confidential.

That shouldn't have gotten anything removed - if anything they would have wanted to keep them to generate revenues. Well, actually I guess Google would have had to share revenues - so no advantage to them. Just overhead to dish out shares.

Tip off a WIRED writer?

Elfshadow
09-10-2011, 07:42 AM
That shouldn't have gotten anything removed - if anything they would have wanted to keep them to generate revenues. Well, actually I guess Google would have had to share revenues - so no advantage to them. Just overhead to dish out shares.

Tip off a WIRED writer?

It's not just Paul that's effected by this and seemed to happen when that went into effect. Oh and previously google got to keep all the ad revenue. By removing videos with songs in it that they would have had to pay the music industry. By removing them they would have forced traffic to places with out that need. AKA speachs and just people talking.

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Well, we should move to other video sharing sites that are popular. Still, makes contacting RP YouTube posters hard. I tried to assemble a directory last time but found them standoffish.

I guess post on the sites, twitter and facebook to re-fetch and re-direct?

Maybey start posting vide on YouTube about a boycott due to their policies and links to other sites for anyone looking there?

Elfshadow
09-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Well, we should move to other video sharing sites that are popular. Still, makes contacting RP YouTube posters hard. I tried to assemble a directory last time but found them standoffish.

I guess post on the sites, twitter and facebook to re-fetch and re-direct?

Maybey start posting vide on YouTube about a boycott due to their policies and links to other sites for anyone looking there?

Also remember my idea should only effect video montages and what not that are using copyrighted music in them. If its opinion pieces that are going missing then its something else.

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Over 100,000 ==> 38,000 is more than copy written material.

I would think...

Chainspell
09-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Maybe there's a different search algorithm in place now.

Napoleon's Shadow
09-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't worry too bad, YouTube videos don't win the election for us. Going door-to-door and phone banking will though.

tangent4ronpaul
09-10-2011, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't worry too bad, YouTube videos don't win the election for us. Going door-to-door and phone banking will though.

You've said that in how many threads?

Yawn...