PDA

View Full Version : Future Debates: When Ron Talks about The Fed/Monetary Policy...

ronpaultag
09-10-2011, 03:18 AM
In debates/interviews I think Ron does a good job with questions on monetary policy, but I think he has the potential to knock these questions outof the park!

Here's a few ideas I came up with:

When he says "that's why you have to study monetary policy to understand why we have these bubbles" I think it is a PERFECT opportunity for him to plug his predictions by saying something like "It's why I was able to predict our current financial crisis BEFORE it happened as far back as 2003. We need a President who can see problems as they are being created and stop them, not a Monday morning quarterback."

I've noticed in polls that he is not doing very well with seniors. I'm sure Social Security will be a hot topic at the next debate, so I think when he talks about monetary policy he could say something like "Our seniors shouldn't be afraid they won't get their Social Security checks, they should be afraid of getting them and them not being worth anything." This would be a unique answer and I'm sure it would at least grab attention because not many people other than Ron Paul bring this up.

Unfortunately most people don't really understand how bad the Federal Reserve is, or if they do they might be iffy on any alternatives because they don't know anything but fiat, government created money. It might be a good idea to attack the very notion of a government monopoly on money (that many Americans consider a necessity) and contrast this with his solution (competing currencies). 1. Express the importance of money by mentioning that "money is one half of every transaction so the effect on the economy is enormous", and 2. Use the word monopoly to describe the government's control over money and briefly mention the bad things about a monopoly such as no competition, poor quality, etc. 3. Say something about how price fixing causes shortages/surplus and money is no different, and that this is what causes the destructive booms and busts. Make the notion of government controlled money sound stupid by saying something like "This idea that we are somehow helping the American people by forcing them to use a currency that the government continuously uses to rob them of their wealth through inflation is baffling. The American people have been sold on the idea that we 'need' the government to inflate the money supply in order to grow the economy. Look where it's gotten us. Contrast this with periods in American history where the government did not have control over the money supply such as the Industrial Revolution. This was the single greatest period of innovation, job creation, and manufacturing in the history of mankind and it didn't rely on any government."

I think a great close would be something like "When people control money, they control government. When government controls money they control the people. I think it's time we gave control back to the American people."

And that's all I've got, sorry for the poor writing it's extremely late here. Thoughts?

MarcNY
09-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Excellent Ideas

Chainspell
09-10-2011, 05:08 AM
yeah superb!