PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots supporters requesting endorsements

MJU1983
09-10-2011, 12:42 AM
The other day I sent a letter, not an email but a physical snail mail letter, to Senator Jim DeMint encouraging him to endorse Ron Paul for President.

Typically in local politics the squeaky wheel gets the grease but in all levels of politics politicians themselves are pretty savvy at ensuring they have support for reelection as well.

It would be awesome if certain representatives and senators were flooded with letters from all over the country encouraging them to support Dr. Paul for President. A tremendous outpouring of support from the grassroots (aka us) could go a long way in tipping someones hand or solidifying their decision to support and endorse Dr. Paul.

Here is what my letter said (I wouldn't copy it because them getting the same letter over and over wouldn't be helpful):

1-September-2011

Jim DeMint
US Senator, South Carolina
167 Russell
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator DeMint:

I am writing to you today as a concerned citizen for the future of our Republic. I do believe that this coming Presidential Election will be one of the most important in our lifetimes. Currently there is only one true conservative and Constitutionalist running, Dr. Ron Paul of Texas.

I hope you stand with Liberty and endorse Dr. Paul in his bid for the Presidency. Many of us Paul supporters look to you and Senators Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah as inspirations. Having yourself and a few other Liberty minded individuals in the Senate gives us hope, real hope.

"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
-George Washington

"Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Peace is not absence of conflict,
it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."
-Ronald Reagan

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."
-Matthew 5:9

Take Care, Be Well, and God Bless.

For Liberty,

MY NAME

TheTexan
09-10-2011, 03:50 AM
This is a good idea. Costs nothing but 5 minutes and postage.

If you don't know who your representative is, you can look it up here: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Kimmie
09-10-2011, 04:44 AM
May I use your letter to send to my Congressmen?

MJU1983
09-10-2011, 05:09 AM
This is a good idea. Costs nothing but 5 minutes and postage.

If you don't know who your representative is, you can look it up here: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Yep, and Senators here: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

May I use your letter to send to my Congressmen?

Sure, if you want to that's fine.

Here is what I'm mailing to Mike Lee tomorrow (very similar to what I sent DeMint):

10-September-2011

Mike Lee
US Senator, Utah
825 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510

Dear Senator Lee:

I am writing to you today as a concerned citizen for the future of our Republic. I do believe that this coming Presidential Election will be one of the most important in our lifetimes. Currently there is only one true Conservative and Constitutionalist running, Dr. Ron Paul of Texas. As I'm sure you know, Dr. Paul started the "TEA Party" movement on December 16th, 2007. However, intellectually he started the movement when he first ran for Congress in the mid-1970's as his message hasn't changed. It's only recently that people realized he's been right this entire time and following the Constitution might not be such a bad idea.

I hope you stand with Liberty and endorse Dr. Paul in his bid for the Presidency. Many of us Paul supporters look to you and Senators Rand Paul of Kentucky and Jim DeMint of South Carolina as inspirations. Having yourself and a few other Liberty minded individuals in the Senate gives us hope, real hope.

"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth."
-George Washington

"Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Peace is not absence of conflict,
it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."
-Ronald Reagan

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."
-Matthew 5:9

Take Care, Be Well, and God Bless.

For Liberty,

MY NAME

refuge
09-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Brilliant idea, though I'm not sure how far my congressmen would go, he thinks I'm a loon anyway, always asking him not to support the bailouts, wars, etc; a democrat that loves welfare/big spending AND voted for the patriot act; any suggestions on how to approach (if at all) someone like that?

MJU1983
09-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Brilliant idea, though I'm not sure how far my congressmen would go, he thinks I'm a loon anyway, always asking him not to support the bailouts, wars, etc; a democrat that loves welfare/big spending AND voted for the patriot act; any suggestions on how to approach (if at all) someone like that?

Well I don't think he'd ever support Ron. I want to target Senators / Congressmen that might support/endorse Ron. They know he has a tremendous grassroots support and that means fundraising ($$$$$) ability.

We just need to push them in the right direction so to speak.