PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Presidential Debate

angelatc
09-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Posted to a fellow Michigander's Facebook page:

I thought you guys might be interested. I just got off the phone with the Michigan GOP. If you want to support Ron Paul at the November 9 Oakland University Presidential debate, order your tickets within the next couple of days. They are taking names and it will be first come first serve. The number is 517.487.5413. Let's pack that place with Paul supporters, the GOP has only had a few requests since it's still early, so let's take advantage, also spread the word.

If anybody else is going, we should meet for dinner before going.

anewvoice
09-13-2011, 02:22 PM
I called and asked for information, officially everyone is wait listed pending finalization of the logistics. When I hear back I'll provide an update. Would be awesome to actually attend a debate!

angelatc
09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Yep.

Son of Detroit
09-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I need to convince my parents to come pick me up from school and take me out there. I can't miss this for the world.

Son of Detroit
09-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Bump, has anyone gotten a call about the tickets? I'm on the wait list and haven't heard anything since.

anewvoice
10-14-2011, 08:00 AM
I just called again, confirmed my info (or got removed from the list, never can tell :) ). Logistics are not confirmed but the lady did say people should be notified by e-mail in the next week or so. Fingers crossed!!

angelatc
10-14-2011, 08:33 AM
I need to convince my parents to come pick me up from school and take me out there. I can't miss this for the world.

We could give you a ride. But you could probably stop by the Ann Arbor HQ and hook up with somebody who isn't freakishly old. :)

anewvoice
10-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Tickets aside, aer there any plans for a presence near the event?

basecommand
10-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Has anyone been able to reserve tickets for this November 9th event yet? I live in Grand Rapids and would like to attend.

Butchie
10-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Has anyone been able to reserve tickets for this November 9th event yet? I live in Grand Rapids and would like to attend.

I ask the same thing? I called but still have not heard anything, this debate is supposed to be on foreign policy, Ron will really need us there to help combat all the warhawks.

UtahApocalypse
10-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Have you all in Michigan signed up with the campaign? Our state has some very useful tools for supporters.

http://state.ronpaul2012.com/mi/

IDefendThePlatform
10-23-2011, 08:01 AM
If anyone wants to try to coordinate a ride or anything here's the facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=241430099239533

anewvoice
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Anyone know is there is a gathering outside the debate?

tsai3904
10-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Oakland University students and faculty can win tickets to the debate by entering this lottery by October 31:
http://www.grizzlink.oualumni.com/s/1001/index.aspx?sid=1001&pgid=591&gid=1&cid=1244&ecid=1244

There is a campus watch party limited to 400 people. You can register yourself and one guest here by November 4:
http://www.grizzlink.oualumni.com/s/1001/index.aspx?sid=1001&pgid=587&gid=1&cid=1240&ecid=1240

anewvoice
11-03-2011, 12:33 PM
From e-mail - looks like you won't know if you have tickets until 11/4. Fingers crossed!

Greeting and Viewing Party
Ron Paul 2012

GOP Presidential Debate @ Oakland University

☆☆☆☆☆ Restore America Now ☆☆☆☆☆

From Christe Langdeau, Coordinator…

Hi there fellow Ron Paul Volunteers!

As you may already know, MI GOP is not announcing who is getting tickets to get into the debate until Friday, 11/4. The OU Watch Party is a by “lottery” for tickets only event for students, alumni and maybe others. Info. on those two events are located at www.migopdebate.com and/or www.oakland.edu/debateatoakland.

For those of us that are NOT attending the two above events: I have asked that the Michigan for Ron Paul 2012 Facebook event page “Ron Paul at the CNBC Republican debate” be updated to include the information below so that we can then invite fellow supporters and ‘share’ from that page. I didn’t want to dilute the RSVP’s too much by having multiple pages for the same / similar events although there is one other person that I can find that already has an event page up with 145 YES RSVP’s (Steve Jones). It would be nice for the invites and RSVPs to be centralized to keep a good count without too many duplications.

ATTENTION ORGANIZERS FROM BETWEEN SAGINAW TO ROCHESTER AND FROM LANSING TO ROCHESTER: We have at TWO CHARTER BUSES that will pick up volunteers & supporters to transport to OU!: One will be starting in East Lansing area (MSU) and will pick up people along the way at designated locations, if necessary, to Oakland University and back. The Second will be starting at BIRCH RUN and will pick up people at designated locations, if needed, to Oakland University and back. Each bus can transport up to 56 people. If we can get more people, we can get more buses! Each bus will then be used to Charter people to / fro the University to / fro the parking area at Red Ox. Do yu think you could fill theses bus with supporters and volunteers? I NEED RSVP #’s ASAP!

THE EVENTS:
(I was thinking the change the start time to 3:00 pm and change the end time to 6:30 pm for the Rally portion. There is a Senate Economic Development Committee Hearing at 3:30 p.m. I was thinking the sign waving could start with those visitors. I also have 500 Ron Paul Lapel stickers that I would like people to be passing out to the attendees of all the insider events. DO YOU THINK THIS START TIME IS TOO EARLY?)

Ø RALLY FOR RON at Oakland University!
Fellow Ron Paul Supporters will gather together at the main entrance of Oakland University at University Drive and N. Squirrel Rd. in front of the Kresge Library to give Ron Paul a Hero’s Welcome to Michigan! This is an important opportunity for us to show that Dr. Paul's support in Michigan for the 2012 Presidential Primary is broad, deep, and passionate. There will be Rally signs, banners, buttons and stickers for supporters and attendees.

Please wear your favorite “RON PAUL” shirt. This is an outdoor event so please also dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes for walking.

Directly Following the Rally for Ron, we will convene to 2 Grassroots arranged “Debate Viewing Parties” within half a mile of the University. We will have GAMES & RON PAUL GEAR PRIZES!

A separate Facebook Event page will be posted. For detailed information on parking in relation to the Rally and Debate Viewing Parties, please contact Christe Langdeau at (248) 821-8950 or crystlbal@comcast.net.
Ø END FIRST EVENT

NOTE: The OU website states that people will be considered trespassing and subject to arrest if not BEHIND the library in the “Free of Speech Zone.” I guess people will have to make their own decisions whether to comply or not.

Ø CHEER ON RON VIEWING PARTY:

Come share some fun with fellow Liberty Activists! MICHIGAN FOR RON PAUL 2012 Grassroots volunteers have made reservations for Ron Paul supporters to engage in games, fun, food and your viewing pleasure at two convenient locations within walking distance to Oakland University:

Please join us at:
The Red Ox Inn (Sports Bar)
3773 E. Walton
www.redoxtavern.com

OR

Buddy's Pizza (Bring the kids!)
2612 N. Squirrel Rd. (in shopping center on the corner of Squirrel & Walton)
www.buddyspizza.com

We will be offering Games to include Ron Paul Gear Prizes! Game cards will be available for purchase. All proceeds will go to the purchase of more campaign materials to equip fellow Ron Paul volunteers to WIN MICHIGAN for RON PAUL 2012!

Please RSVP at once! Admittance will be on a FIRST ARRIVE / FIRST SEATED basis. RSVP does not guarantee a seat and space is limited! An RSVP will allow us to properly advise the restaurants for staffing purposes

For specific costs and parking details, please contact Christe Langdeau at (248) 821-8950 or crystlbal@comcast.net. Thank you!

Ø END VIEWING PARTY

*** I still haven’t decided if we should cater (order pizza, appetizers and sodas and charge a small amount like $10.00) for entry. What do you think? Would people prefer to pay that or order their own stuff?****

Also, we NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR ACTIVITIES:
1.Decorate specific locations before the Rally and Parties.
2.Hand out RP lapel stickers to people going to the insider events.
3.People to collect money for the games / pledges at the 2 events. (Buzz Word Bingo Cards $5.00 & Pledge for Paul – pledge as much as you want)
4.Someone to actually REALLY watch the Debate to keep track of Buzz Words and Pledges.
5.Direct parking if necessary at Red Ox Tavern. They have a great big empty grass lot next to their building that they said we can use. They don’t own the property but are close with those that do and use it for their overflow parking. Because it is a grass lot, if it is wet, it may get muddy! Parking will be at your own risk!

If you are unable to attend and are planning a Watch Party Event of your own, feel free to use the Buzz Word Bingo Card if you like! https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B0z3xUogVQw8NGVmODU0M2UtNDUwNS00ZDdjLWFmMmQ tNjA1MmE4NTBlNWM4&hl=en_US

PLEASE RESPOND ASAP With RSVP’s thoughts, comments, ideas, etc. THANK YOU!
Christe Langdeau

Butchie
11-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Got some bad to news today in my E-mail:

Thank you for contacting the Michigan Republican Party and your interest in the Your Money, Your Vote: The Republican Presidential Debate. Unfortunately, at this time, there are no tickets available. Should something change between now and November 9th and a ticket become available we will contact you.

I would like to encourage you to participate in the debate by attending one of our debate watching parties happening across the state. Sign up online to attend a debate watch party. It’s fast, easy and a great way to get involved. To find a debate watch party in your area, click here and type “debate watch” in the search field.

Also, we are accepting questions to potentially use during the debate. If you would like to submit a debate question for consideration, please submit your question here, or tweet your question to @MIGOP and include #CNBCDebate.

Thank you for your support and all you do!

Kim Jorns

Executive Director

Michigan Republican Party

anewvoice
11-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Got some bad to news today in my E-mail:

Thank you for contacting the Michigan Republican Party and your interest in the Your Money, Your Vote: The Republican Presidential Debate. Unfortunately, at this time, there are no tickets available. Should something change between now and November 9th and a ticket become available we will contact you.

Kim Jorns
Executive Director
Michigan Republican Party

Me too :( I figure you won't be seeing too many Ron Paul supporters allowed inside the official events.

Aratus
11-04-2011, 06:09 AM
this was on the very last page of the 'new posts' and it was the very last post for me to look at

Son of Detroit
11-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Is anyone planning to take the bus that is going over to Oakland?

All RPF members heading over there should meet up. I'll be there for sure. Taking the bus from Ann Arbor.

limequat
11-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I'll be there and at the Red Ox Tavern. Who else? We should have RPF table reserved :)

Butchie
11-05-2011, 06:01 AM
I'll be there and at the Red Ox Tavern. Who else? We should have RPF table reserved :)

I've got a decent crowd of family/friends coming with me, but I'll meet up with you guys, just give me a time, just a note, some of the people I'm bringing aren't quite on board with Ron yet, so if you guys can help me out we might be able to pick up a few new votes, but a head's up here, most are old school Republicans and I can tell you "bashing them over the head" with Ron Paul will not work, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or how to support Ron, I'm just saying what will and will not work on them, I've seen alot of RP people get pretty rude when they come across people who don't agree with them and I can promise you that behavior will send them running to Romney.

anewvoice
11-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I've got a decent crowd of family/friends coming with me, but I'll meet up with you guys, just give me a time, just a note, some of the people I'm bringing aren't quite on board with Ron yet, so if you guys can help me out we might be able to pick up a few new votes, but a head's up here, most are old school Republicans and I can tell you "bashing them over the head" with Ron Paul will not work, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or how to support Ron, I'm just saying what will and will not work on them, I've seen alot of RP people get pretty rude when they come across people who don't agree with them and I can promise you that behavior will send them running to Romney.

Patience is the key, take a cue from Ron Paul himself, he's been at it 30+ years and rarely shows frustration. I wish I could say I can be that way too, but I try. :)

By the way, I have found a thorough understanding of the applications of "Letters or Marquee and Reprisal" and "Just War Theory" to be invaluable tools when discussing foreign policy.

anewvoice
11-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I e-mailed Christe Langdeau to see if there was a chance for a Ron Paul meet n greet after the debate like has been done in previous debates this year. The Red Ox would be pleased with the turn out I suspect. :)

Son of Detroit
11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Anyone know if I'd be able to get into the Red Ox Tavern? I'm only 18, and I'm not sure if they let people under 21 in. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet.

zerosdontcount
11-05-2011, 06:15 PM
--

anewvoice
11-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Anyone know if I'd be able to get into the Red Ox Tavern? I'm only 18, and I'm not sure if they let people under 21 in. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet.

That late at night, generally no. There is a second event viweing location though at Buddy's Pizza according to the e-mail blast.

anewvoice
11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Debate details on the campaign site

http://state.ronpaul2012.com/mi/rally/rally.php

Butchie
11-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Patience is the key, take a cue from Ron Paul himself, he's been at it 30+ years and rarely shows frustration. I wish I could say I can be that way too, but I try. :)

By the way, I have found a thorough understanding of the applications of "Letters or Marquee and Reprisal" and "Just War Theory" to be invaluable tools when discussing foreign policy.

Sounds good, but if I can ask please DO NOT bring up that cleric being killed, that will shut down the conversation right then and there, they don't want to hear it, most conservatives don't and I know alot of you disagree with me on this but frankly I wish Ron had left that issue alone, I will bet anything that will come up now at the debates, I have heard all the arguments on the subject so no need to repeat them, I'm just telling you the reality of the situation, Ron is never going to win that one.

anewvoice
11-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Woo, wife and I are confirmed for the nights festivities, not the actual debate but I'd rather hang with Ron Paul supporters anyway. :)

anewvoice
11-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Revised instructions for anyone coming to the OU Debate tonight

Patriots,

I have an important update for tomorrow's events at Oakland University for the debate. A number of things have changed since the e-mail I sent earlier today.

(The debate information page is here, and will be updated shortly with the information below, right after this e-mail is sent.)

1) 9 seats just opened up on the Lansing/Jackson/Ann Arbor bus. We got a larger bus than we were expecting. Tickets for the Saginaw/Birch Run/Flint bus are still available, and will likely be available if you simply show up. RSVP at this link if you are interested. The pick-up and drop-off locations are shown here.

2) We will line up at a different location. We will still meet in front of the Kresge library at 6pm, but we will not be lining up there. Meet us at the Kresge library for information--we will be there until about 6:30.

3) Instead of seeing him off at the airport, we will see him at the Red Ox after the debate. The airport was just too far, and if it rains, we cannot have our candidate out in the rain catching a cold. So, if you are at the Buddy's Pizza party, be sure to head for the Red Ox as soon as the debate is over.

4) Bring an umbrella. It will be raining tomorrow. If you have a ticket to the debate, you may not bring it in, but you may leave it with me (or a designated volunteer) and pick it up after the debate.

See you tomorrow!

anewvoice
11-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Alright, so who else was there last night? If you have pics, please share!