PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Candidate Dave Weprin (D-NY) is For Auditing the Fed

8ClicksPerSecond
09-09-2011, 04:07 PM
I attended the debate for Anthony Weiner's Congressional seat at St. John's University that was held on Thursday evening between Dave Weprin (D-NY) and Bob Turner (R-NY) who didn't show up. Got to ask him his views on the Fed and he thought it was perplexing that the Fed is not held accountable and he pledged that he would support legislation that would allow for the Fed to be audited. Thought I'd share that with you guys.

trey4sports
09-09-2011, 04:08 PM
thats good. Did you pick his brain on any of the other issues?

A Son of Liberty
09-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Get to know him better. A politician will say anything to make you like him.

My initial reaction? BS.

8ClicksPerSecond
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
thats good. Did you pick his brain on any of the other issues?Unfortunately I was only able to ask him one question. He didn't seem too bad for a Democrat, better than Weiner at least and possibly better than Turner, the Republican candidate. He said he was against the wars and I didn't hear him mention anything about tax increases. Of course there are things I'm always going to disagree with Democrats on (Like how he wants to put more funding into the Department of Education, for example) but overall if he's elected I think he'll be an improvement over Weiner at least.

Cowlesy
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
He's horrible. It's going to be crazy if Bob Turner pulls off a win in a seat that's been a (D) seat for 88 years.

8ClicksPerSecond
09-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Get to know him better. A politician will say anything to make you like him.

My initial reaction? BS.Sadly this is true, however he did seem genuinely concerned about the fed issue more than anything else that he was asked all night which pleased me.

8ClicksPerSecond
09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
He's horrible. It's going to be crazy if Bob Turner pulls off a win in a seat that's been a (D) seat for 88 years.Is he really that bad? Worse than Weiner? I've never known anything about him until last night.

A Son of Liberty
09-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Sadly this is true, however he did seem genuinely concerned about the fed issue more than anything else that he was asked all night which pleased me.

So put him on video saying he's opposed to Fed policy. Put him on video saying he'll vote to audit the Fed, or to End the Fed. Force him to make a clear, unequivocable statement about it. Get him on video doing it. And if he gets elected, HOLD HIM TO IT. If he EVER votes against an anti-Fed measure, sign-wave him, YouTube him, and door-hanger his district.

MAKE HIM END THE FED.

FrankRep
09-09-2011, 04:22 PM
David Weprin supports Big Government and taxing the rich.

Big Government: (http://www.queenscampaigner.com/2011/09/turnerweprin-debate-loses-steam-in-the-rockaways/)

The two frontrunners did not speak with the same energy that characterized their previous meetings, and Weprin expressed frustration with some Turner fans who started clapping after he mentioned his opponent’s desire to slash the federal budget.

“Some think that’s a good idea,” Weprin said to them, adding that Turner wanted to eliminate the U.S. Education and Agriculture departments.

“You can applaud that, too,” he said.

They did.

Taxing the Rich: (http://www.politickerny.com/2011/07/08/david-weprin-explains-his-progressive-record-in-albany/)

David Weprin hasn’t served long in Albany — not even a full term, actually — but he’s been there long enough to stake out a record of supporting to major progressive causes: extending a surcharge on millionaires and legalizing same-sex marriage.

Weprin reiterated his support for both, saying the millionaires tax wasn’t a new tax, and that extending it was the “fairest” thing to do. “The middle class voters of this district, in Brooklyn and Queens, will appreciate that,” he said.