PDA

View Full Version : Starting to think we won't win

Therion
06-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Let me just spill my brains here. Right now, probably 95% of libertarians and paleo-conservatives support Ron Paul. And we're only at 2% in scientific polls. Sure RP's got $5million now, but he's not getting donation nearly fast enough, even at a million a month, and once his grassroots run out of cash he'll start slowing down in his contributions. We could get independants to register Republican, but how many actually will? There won't be big numbers there. What needs to happen is we need to start taking back brainwashed neocons into the fold. Problem with that is, they'll need lots of propoganda to break down their propoganda. They'll get that from the msm, and the msm needs to start covering Ron Paul more. But the media will only cover Ron Paul when he has significant support, which will only happen when the MSM starts covering Ron Paul. Sure, we could take New Hampshire or Iowa, and that would get us attention, but to do that we actually need support first, and until then it's just wish furl thinking. Unless we push really hard, right now, and get a significant boost, before Eff Thompson gets in and eats up all the media time, Ron Paul won't have a chance.

What do you think?

Tin_Foil_Hat
06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
What do you think?

You can't win a game if you are thinking like a loser in the first quarter.

wecandoit
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I think a NH or Iowa victory will be like lighting a match to a gas soaked elecorate.
Plus, 5 million is a whole lot of money for the way Paul's campaign is being run, that probably equates to 20 million for anyone else.

think positive

Duckman
06-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm not worried about that, yes I think alot of the energy has come from libertarians, who never felt like they could win anything before suddenly feeling like there was a shot, which I think there definitely still is and we should not be throwing in the towel. I hate to say it, but the crappy news about Iraq I think continues to pump more energy into his campaign each day, which is a travesty that I hope will end soon, before we get sucked up into Iran(!!), which I think will make anyone on the fence about supporting radical change jump into our camp.

Plus, I definitely think what attention has been focused on Ron Paul in the media has been generally good, refreshing, and needed in our crazy modern times.

llamabread
06-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I think that if we continue with grassroots efforts, the people that we convert will then go on to convert more and more people, until it reaches critical mass. We don't need the MSM to win this election for us. Look at it this way, there are 30,000 myspace members, if each of them converts three people thats 120,000 for Ron Paul. If each of the new 90,000 convert three (it can just be their family, they don't even have to leave home), thats 390,000. The next level is over 1 million. If we do our part, then Ron Paul will win. The only thing stopping us is people not knowing about him. And anyway, Ron Paul's positions need more than a three minute MSM spot to explain. Something like talking to someone on the side of the road for thirty minutes, and then directing them to YouTube, the campaign website, and all the other great resources out there. The neocon vote is divided into four sections. This is classic divide and conquer.

GreenApples
06-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Get off your computer, get out of your house and go pass out some flyers.

We are just getting started son.

Sigil
06-13-2007, 08:28 PM
The fights just started. His popularity will only rise.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2007, 08:28 PM
There's way more paleo-conservatives than that. Ron Paul may not have all of them yet, but he can get them, if we get his message out. Some are still hung up on the whole foreign policy deal.... they need to know that Dr. Paul is not some kind of wimp. Some of them are wrongly thinking that right now, because all they've heard is pull the troops out. They haven't heard what he would actually do to go after bin Laden for example, or what he would do if someone attacked us and how his approach would in fact make us much safer and actually increase our national defense.

Look, in my opinion, if you're getting bummed out, the best thing to do is to print out some flyers and head out to the mall putting them under every car's windshield wipe. Maybe tomorrow, start visiting a few of your neighbors and handing out literature and talking to them about this great man.

All we can do is what we can do, but there is absolutely no reason that we can't win. Keep in mind that with Thompson entering the race, the Republicans are going to be further divided.

Phil M
06-13-2007, 08:30 PM
We probably won't win. But what matters is that we have a chance. Has anyone here every read the book The Moon is a Harsh Mistress? It's a libertarian sci-fi novel about a small group of people living on a Lunar colony who orchestrate a revolution against the government imposed on them by Earth. What first prompts them to revolt is when a computer calculates there odds of succeeding to be 1 in 7, with assurances that it will get worse as the revolution progresses. It's the same situation we're facing: the chances of winning aren't great, but it's entirely worth it.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2007, 08:31 PM
"Plus, 5 million is a whole lot of money for the way Paul's campaign is being run, that probably equates to 20 million for anyone else."

I read elsewhere on the board that this number is probably not accurate.

peruvianRP
06-13-2007, 08:31 PM
if everybody thinks like you then competition would not exist. boring.
keep you hopes and fight till the end boy.

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Dude... WE are going to kick some serious ass!

Remember... I was a Liberal Democrat! But here I am. My wife too. Joining the GOP was like selling our souls. But Dr. Paul is the political salvation of this country.

The writing is on the wall for the NeoCons. "Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin"

America is Rising. Be Joyous. Dont dispair.

Just look at the intellect and skills of the people right here on this board.

ALL UNITED in the Cause that is the Constitution... and Ron Paul.

It's beautiful thing.

"We're on a mission fron God" (Blues Brothers)

These people will never know WHAT hit them.

Revolution! :cool:

LibertyEagle
06-13-2007, 08:45 PM
One of the main reasons a lot of us love Dr. Paul is because of his stance on the Constitution, right? Well, remember that group of people who had the balls to fight against the entire British army and actually WON? That stock is still in our blood and it's time we remembered it.

The difference between Dr. Paul's supporters and all of the rest is we've got heartfelt conviction. We're well aware of what is going on in our country and the world and we know that we must pull out all the stops to get him elected. So, if any of us start getting worried or bummed out about what we're up against, and we surely will at times, I suggest we turn it around and double our efforts. We've got to get beyond the internet and take his message out into the neighborhoods of America.

Chin up. We can win, but we've got to get busy!!!

Matt Collins
06-13-2007, 08:48 PM
The first priority should be to get him through the primary of course.

We need to go on the offensive and begin to show the conservatives why Rudy McRomney are not actual conservatives.

One of the best way to do this is to spread links to quotes and videos of Rudy McRomney making blatantly liberal statements.

ARealConservative
06-13-2007, 08:48 PM
polls are going to look bleak for a long time - ignore them for now.

First, they game them from the start. Next, they are inadequate at guaging new voters, voters changing parties, and tech voters. And lastly, most American's haven't even began looking into the candidates - an unknown guy is going to lag for that reason alone.

If we can give Ron Paul a respectable showing in the Iowa straw poll, the momentum swing will make the debates look like a mere blip.

The problem is the front running Rino's may be officially staying out of Iowa but that doesn't stop them from doing things to increase voter participation. I believe it only means they won't personally be present for the straw poll.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Quantumystic...

Hey, nice to meet you, man. I'm I guess what you would call a paleo-con, or a traditional conservative. No neocon BS for me, thank you very much.

Only a man like Dr. Paul could truly unite people across the entire political spectrum.

thomaspaine23
06-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Let me just spill my brains here. Unless we push really hard, right now, and get a significant boost, before Eff Thompson gets in and eats up all the media time, Ron Paul won't have a chance.

What do you think?

Remember 1776? A whole bunch of crazy guys signed their names to a piece of parchment??? They knew the odds were long, and that they'd be executed as traitors if they lost, but they did it anyway. Why?

Because freedom is worth it.

We may not win, but if we don't, you'll know you stood up for the the republic and liberty against the tide....

wecandoit
06-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Reverse psycology motivation..thy name is Therion..good job!

X_805
06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
We may not win, but if we don't, you'll know you stood up for the the republic and liberty against the tide...

If we don't win this, we'll still be standing. After this, I'm not backing down.

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Just had a funny "visual"...

"Dr. NO, and the NeoCons"
http://www.geocities.com/quantumystic/who.bmp

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Quantumystic...

Hey, nice to meet you, man. I'm I guess what you would call a paleo-con, or a traditional conservative. No neocon BS for me, thank you very much.

Only a man like Dr. Paul could truly unite people across the entire political spectrum.

Amen, brother!

Nice to meet you too. :D

My dad was a Goldwater Conservative. Me, I always was partial to Teddy Roosevelt. But lacking that, I went for civil liberties, and anti-corporatist-globalism.

dude58677
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
"We're going to win the game, I guarentee it" Joe Namath

angelatc
06-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Who knows what's going to happen? Right now we just have to fight the fight for freedom, and his name is Ron Paul. Win or lose, we could be starting a civil liberties legacy that outlives all of us.

I don't know about you, but this is in my soul. It's like everything I've read and seen in my whole life has led me to this one battle, and I am ready to fight. It's all I can do.

angrydragon
I think Ron and his team uses their money more efficiently than the other candidates, so I think he has good chance. Plus he has a nice support (free) team online, making videos like avaroth.

Quantumystic
Speaking of "Paleo-Cons"...

http://www.geocities.com/quantumystic/EvoGOP.jpg

RPFever
06-13-2007, 09:14 PM
One of the most important lessons I've ever learned is about victory. Here's the special thing about it. You define it. Not your parents, not your siblings, not anyone else - only you.

The Ron Paul victory is defined as hope for America. Something I might argue that hasn't existed in the deep souls of Americans for generations. You've been force fed your culture, your media, what you should believe in. When are you going to take it back? When are you going to live on principle? When are you going to live free?

Ron Paul is different. He is not a candidate competing to be a slave to lobby interests, he is a Shepard of a message. His message, our message, is what we are fighting for. And the louder it gets, the more we win - the more your children win.

If Ron Paul wins, that would be wonderful but it wouldn't be the end. Remember, it wasn't the end when he was elected 10 times to congress, what makes you think giving him more power would be the end?

People win when they realize they can live a moral life, a free life - one based on the principles of liberty. The message is our victory.

I've read a number of Ron Paul's speeches and in a few he repeats "And let them say we did not do nothing!"

I am fighting for this reason.
I want my children to know that I did not do nothing!
I want my children to know, if he does lose and America turns into an Orweillian Amerika that I did not do nothing!
I want my children to know hope - that perhaps one day, if Ron Paul loses, that another like him will be encourage to step in his place because he or she will have support of free people.

Ron Paul's victory is Hope for America.
America's victory is Hope for Ron Paul.

wwycher
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
The Globalist are coming, we have to win or we will be serfs and our chidren will be serfs. We have got by on the sacrafices of previous generations for way too long. it's time to say " I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna' take it anymore!"
REVOLUTION, it's kinda' hard to stop.

Revolution9
06-13-2007, 09:26 PM
http://randyblain.orgfree.com/RonPaulGRFX.html

Don't let them get ya down:) Top pic..the server won;t let me hotllnk it..

Best Regards
Randy

dude58677
06-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Judge Napolitano just called Ron Paul the "Thomas Jefferson of our day". That is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGE endorsement from somone in the MSM. He coud have called him just another Pat Buchanan but he didn't and instead said he was another founding father.

wecandoit
06-13-2007, 09:32 PM
I think Ron and his team uses their money more efficiently than the other candidates, so I think he has good chance. Plus he has a nice support (free) team online, making videos like avaroth.

Yes, that's my thought. He has a paid staff of 6, and an unpaid staff of THOUSANDS.
Every other candidate has to pay for people to do things unpassionatley, that many of us passionatley do for FREE. That's why I said earlier, that 5 million for Paul is like 20 million for any other candidate.

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 09:36 PM

Don't let them get ya down:) Top pic..the server won;t let me hotllnk it..

Best Regards
Randy

Where'd you get the pic of Cheney? LOL

ps- you've got mail on the Hi-Res "Revolution" banner.

ronpaulitician
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
What do you think?
I went to my first meetup meeting yesterday. Now, more than ever, I do believe Ron Paul can become the next president of the United States. There was such a large variety of people at the meeting!

Revolution9
06-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Where'd you get the pic of Cheney? LOL

ps- you've got mail on the Hi-Res "Revolution" banner.

I laughed when I found the pic while looking for enough pics of Dr Paul to make a UV wrappped texture for a Flash 3D talking Avatar. I just had to do something with it.

I got the Flash doc with the rev logo..thx!!..saves me from converting the jpg I found. Will make some banner and such soon for the folks who are not so knowledgable of the grfx/web software.

Best Regards
Randy

mdh
06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
The 2% poll numbers are skewed, I don't believe for a second that that is an accurate representation. Look at the straw poll at the Utah GOP convention - these aren't kids, they're not internet people - those are people who attended a GOP convention! We're at at least 5% with the 'base' of Republicans, and that doesn't take into account the LP, CP, independent, and crossover Democrat voters of whom there are obviously plenty. I'd put our real tally much higher than 2% total.

Nathan Hale
06-13-2007, 10:50 PM
You're assuming that the grassroots will stay the same size through all of this. If his momentum continues, and he devotes a significant part of his $5 million toward building his campaign, then the grassroots will grow as a result, and that growth will translate into a comparable growth in donations.

Let me just spill my brains here. Right now, probably 95% of libertarians and paleo-conservatives support Ron Paul. And we're only at 2% in scientific polls. Sure RP's got $5million now, but he's not getting donation nearly fast enough, even at a million a month, and once his grassroots run out of cash he'll start slowing down in his contributions. We could get independants to register Republican, but how many actually will? There won't be big numbers there. What needs to happen is we need to start taking back brainwashed neocons into the fold. Problem with that is, they'll need lots of propoganda to break down their propoganda. They'll get that from the msm, and the msm needs to start covering Ron Paul more. But the media will only cover Ron Paul when he has significant support, which will only happen when the MSM starts covering Ron Paul. Sure, we could take New Hampshire or Iowa, and that would get us attention, but to do that we actually need support first, and until then it's just wish furl thinking. Unless we push really hard, right now, and get a significant boost, before Eff Thompson gets in and eats up all the media time, Ron Paul won't have a chance.

What do you think?

PineGroveDave
06-13-2007, 10:59 PM
I'd take a fucking bullet for Ron Paul. I mean what I say. I BELIEVE he can win. I'm in it for the long haul and I'm going to continue to contribute. As a Libertarian I'm going to DMV tomorrow and registering Republican. My wife is considering doing so as well. Doubters, IMHO, need not apply. Just my .02

CJLauderdale4
06-13-2007, 11:13 PM
There are two points that are key here:

1) $5M is big at this point in the game. If Ron Paul can produce a Q2 contribution report on June 30th showing $5-6M in contributions, this could launch him into the top 5 of Republican candidates. THIS WILL BE REPORTED IN THE MSM. See, right now, the MSM will not even mention RP AT ALL!! They saw the "blowback" (no pun intended, ok, pun intended) from the Hannity showdown, and they won't even mention RP anymore. Also, If RP is in the top 5 of candidates, the stigma of being a "second-tier" can no longer be a label that applies to Ron.

2) The Iowa Straw Poll will be held on August 11th. We may see some candidates drop out of the race prior to this poll, based on the June 30th contributions, as compared with other candidates. Also, Guiliani and McCain WILL NOT be there. Thus, Romney, Fred Thompson, and Ron Paul may be the only three from the top 5. If so, this could be an awesome opportunity for RP to gain donations, and support in the Midwest. If this happens WE MUST get to Ames in droves to support Ron. AND, no matter how much the MSM downplays the event, they are forced to cover it since it is a RNC-sponsored event, and it may be Fred Thompson's first campaign appearance. The MSM will be forced to cover Ron Paul (awe....)

aravoth
06-13-2007, 11:15 PM

What do you think?

We'll win, and it won't be the first time a goliath was brought down by the faithful.

denvervoipguru
06-14-2007, 01:37 AM
You can't win a game if you are thinking like a loser in the first quarter.

Only 5% of the Colonists supported the Revolution when the movement began.

Melchior
06-14-2007, 01:48 AM
All I have to say is; who cares if we don't win? I'm not even expecting it. If Ron Paul manages to overcome the incredible odds against him and actually win the nomination, I would be ecstatic, believe me, but I would also look out my window to check for any flying pigs.

The Ron Paul campaign isn't the final battle against corruption and evil in politics, in fact it's the first real battle taking place in the spotlight for once. I'm not expecting Ron Paul to win but in all honesty, I think the haters will be shocked by the numbers he'll be able to pull. Then the Republican Party (and hopefully the Democrats too) will pay attention and shape up. If not, another "Ron Paul" will come along and the battle will be even more fierce.

We are just getting started people, don't concern yourself over whether or not Ron Paul wins. It's not the person, it's the big picture.

mikelovesgod
06-14-2007, 01:51 AM
It doesn't matter if we "win". The point is we change how the country thinks. The question is will Ron run in 2012? I think then it's a clear point where it's easy to get internet exposure and when in 4 more years there is more and more people believing less and less in the MSM.

The victory isn't in the presidency, it's in ridding the neo-cons from the party and rescuing the party from it's liberal roots.

Chibioz
06-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Well said Melchior!

Melchior
06-14-2007, 01:53 AM
The first priority should be to get him through the primary of course.

That's the only hard part.

If Ron Paul wins the general election the only thing we have to worry about is Obama (the only worthy contender), and the ruthless smear campaigns.

Melchior
06-14-2007, 01:56 AM
It doesn't matter if we "win". The point is we change how the country thinks. The question is will Ron run in 2012? I think then it's a clear point where it's easy to get internet exposure and when in 4 more years there is more and more people believing less and less in the MSM.

The victory isn't in the presidency, it's in ridding the neo-cons from the party and rescuing the party from it's liberal roots.

Agreed. I wasn't even thinking about Ron Paul after 2008.

What I would like to see though is not just Ron Paul becoming well known and respected, I want to start seeing people who think like Ron Paul (limited government, free markets, individual liberty, etc) become more accepted into the mainstream.

Ron Paul can help open the doors to the Harry Browne's, the classic liberals and like minded people.

Well said Melchior!

Why thank you. :cool:

Mattsa
06-14-2007, 02:00 AM
We probably won't win. But what matters is that we have a chance. Has anyone here every read the book The Moon is a Harsh Mistress? It's a libertarian sci-fi novel about a small group of people living on a Lunar colony who orchestrate a revolution against the government imposed on them by Earth. What first prompts them to revolt is when a computer calculates there odds of succeeding to be 1 in 7, with assurances that it will get worse as the revolution progresses. It's the same situation we're facing: the chances of winning aren't great, but it's entirely worth it.

Well said.

Better to do something and try our very hardest to change things....and maybe fail

.....Than to do nothing at all

I wish I was in America right now because I'd be out on the street spreading the word

ChooseLiberty
06-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Agree with some of the above. Go for the win. And do some planning for the future.

This is just the starting point. It isn't going away. It's creeping/pouring into the American consciousness. Like a meme. And the ideas are growing fastest with the younger voters. They get it right away.

But don't be fooled by some of the career politicians giving lip service to some of Dr. Paul's Constitutional Libertarian ideas. They will try it as the wave rolls on.

As Bob Dylan wrote - The times they are a changin.

mikelovesgod
06-14-2007, 03:25 AM
I really think this election will be THE wake-up call. No more Reagans for the Republicrats to pretend they are conservative, and no more demons to conjure up for their "war against those who oppose the US and Israel." Ariel Sharon affirmed this himself when he said the Jews run America by his own lips in 2001. Somehow repeating a Jew can make you anti-semitic.

I really believe the growth of the internet, the exposure of the NWO, CFR, and other ridiculous groups will become a mainstream enemy to the welfare of the country. My big fear is that Ron Paul is the ONLY principled congressmen there is so we need to win now.

Nevertheless, if we lose the nomination don't lose heart, don't lose the spirit that got us here. We will rebound and become more organized, more prepared, and all those people who call us spammers will know we are a legion of Americans who just want what the framers intended for us to have. The message works, but right now it's being shot down by ignoring and blacklisting the only person who speaks it.

That's the great tragedy.

beermotor
06-14-2007, 05:20 AM

Heinlein rules.

I didn't remember that it was 7 to 1 . . . coincidence that's what his odds are now?! :)

Lesgov
06-14-2007, 06:19 AM

What do you think?

The neocons are only what, 20% or less of the population? Same for the Democrats. That leaves 60% of the population that gave up hope or just don't care. This is our most powerful tool in our bag of tricks. These people will be won over by grass roots effort. That means we have to reach everyone we can personally. It's a huge job, we've got to spend less time on the puters, get out there and talk Ron Paul up. Tell your parents, tell your cousins, friends, neighbors.
I have some in my family that have never voted (in their late 50's), they are almost to the point of registering because they like what Ron Paul stands for. I feel very positive about Ron taking the whole thing.

lucky
06-14-2007, 07:01 AM
I am expecting RP to win the Republican primary and then go on to smash by a huge margin whoever the Dems put up against him. He will be our President.

It will be a hard fought slug match but I know we are capable of withstanding anything that they throw at RP. After all RP is 71 years old and most of us are half that age and younger. If he can go the distance then why couldn't we? I will not be part of anyplace that thinks negatively. So we either go all out for a win or let me know so I can get off the train and find a winner.

Liberty
06-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Remember how powerful the message is and it's just starting to get out. How many people like the IRS and paying taxes for example? Many people don't know what the federal reserve is, but know what the IRS is? Also, the majority of people know about the war in Iraq and want us out. Most people haven't heard of Ron Paul, but they will.

rockfree33
06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Don't give up hope, the fight has only just begun. He is going to be on Coast to Coast AM, which has over 5 million listeners, he's going to be at the National Taxpayers Union which has over 335,000 members, he is also going to be on Tucker Carson again along with future list of media programs. I just watched the Ron Paul Meetup group increase 300 people in 3 hours. At 100 people joining grassroots nationwide a hour that is certainly not a sign to give up.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 09:57 AM
What do you think?
I think this country was not built on the shoulders of those with defeatist attitudes.

iamso910
06-14-2007, 09:58 AM
We have already won !

What I mean is, there has been a breakthrough in spreading the message of liberty, thanks to Ron Paul and the Internet.

In years past, his message would not have gotten out. Now, there is no telling how far and wide it can spread as the Internet begins its climb toward dominance over the MSM.

But even if Ron Paul becomes President, the fight is far from over. There are many more fights to be won, but what is great about the Ron Paul Revolution, is that it has shown momentum is moving in the right direction for the first time in a very long while.

Eternal vigilance against the state is always required. Hopefully in 10 years more people than not will understand that.

dspectre
06-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I want to be quite foward about this, I think most of us believe Ron Paul will win, otherwise we wouldn't be doing this. I honestly believe Ron Paul will win.

If Ron Paul doesn't win, what do we have to lose? The position we are in now, we are already in a hole. So, if we try and lose it doesn't matter, because we lose if things go the normal route(either Republican or Democrat wins). The way I see it, if things go our way, the only thing we can do is win!!! We can only go up from here!

In spite of the fact, though, if he doesn't win, I don't care. This is bigger then winning, this is about making a stand. If Ron Paul makes a good showing, it will be obvious to everyone, and people might just start waking up.

Blowback
06-14-2007, 10:05 AM
If Ron Paul doesn't win we are going to be totally fucked and will probably wind up living the rest of our lives in servitude.

Think about it that way. It isn't an option.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 10:05 AM
If Ron Paul doesn't win, what do we have to lose?
Right. Nothing to lose, go at it full bore, give as much money as you can, put up signs.......VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing that irritates me besides a defeatist attitude is this hand-wringing silliness we see in response to someone saying something negative about Ron Paul. "Oh no, someone said something bad about him, this is really going to hurt him, what are we going to do?"

Good Lord, people, stand up straight. Think and act and talk like you are backing a first class candidate with every hope and every right to sit in the Oval Office, because that is exactly the case with Ron Paul.

Fear nothing! Fear no one!

You're on a mission from God!

disciple
06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Right. Nothing to lose, go at it full bore, give as much money as you can, put up signs.......VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Another thing that irritates me besides a defeatist attitude is this hand-wringing silliness we see in response to someone saying something negative about Ron Paul. "Oh no, someone said something bad about him, this is really going to hurt him, what are we going to do?"

Good Lord, people, stand up straight. Think and act and talk like you are backing a first class candidate with every hope and every right to sit in the Oval Office, because that is exactly the case with Ron Paul.

Yes, we are on a mission from God to bring sanity back and atone for the crimes commited in our name by electing a deserving man of peace and integrity. I stole the following quote from someone on the Patriot's Corner Forum, and I agree totally with what he has to say; this fight is not only about freedom and liberty, but about redeeming our souls and the soul of this nation, and this could very well be our last chance:

"It seems that Paul is pulling huge numbers of people to him, across all political lines with his message of Constitutional purity and honorableness. The fact that this includes the ending of the hostilities in Iraq, and getting our nations defenses off of foreign soil as offenders and back to being defenders of our own ports and borders, seems to be a growing spin-off. A spin-off that could result in the reconstitution of the Republican party to it's original platform, the platform espoused by Coolidge, Hoover, Taft, Goldwater, Reagan, Buchanan, and now Paul!

It is this wild card that Americans are watching now in spite of party affiliation or prejudices. All because the Constitutional message rings loud and clear from this humble country doctor with his grandfatherly appeal and forth-right straight talking style... Maybe God has truly heard all of our prayers for National forgiveness. Forgiveness for the scores of millions of wrongs committed collectively in our name. Perhaps He has given us this chance for redemption, this one last time...

JTCoyoté "

dspectre
06-14-2007, 10:56 AM

Bob,

Good comment! You are exactly right! We are on a mission from God! Hear! Hear!

Spirit of '76
06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Glad to see that most of the people here on not subscribing to a defeatist attitude.

No matter what, though, and this bears constant repeating...

If you are not currently registered as a Republican, and you believe in the message Dr. Paul is spreading, go register as a Republican today and vote for Dr. Paul in your state's Republican primary

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

UtahApocalypse
06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
You wont win. The campaign has been turned into the thing we all were fighting for. It is now a dictatorship and no longer a grassroots effort. you lose.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 11:21 AM
You wont win. The campaign has been turned into the thing we all were fighting for. It is now a dictatorship and no longer a grassroots effort. you lose.
Oh really?

Been sniffing glue or something? Or has your brain been scrambled all along?

Erazmus
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
All I know is, I am sick of what this country has become. Ron Paul is the only candidate with a proven track record that he is for the people and the original principles of this nation. If I don't vote for Ron Paul, I don't dare call myself American.

I say screw all the negativity, all it does is hurt the effort. I am here because I want Ron Paul to be my next president. I will donate every penny I can and spread the word to everyone who wants to restore the republic. Honestly, if people can't be positive or constructive, go to the Hannity forums. We are all here to support Ron Paul, not to be a thorn in the effort.

I have hope for America, and therefore I will always support Ron Paul.

mdh
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Bull. There're plenty of real grass-roots efforts going on right now. We bow to no arbitrary authority structure.

Quantumystic
06-14-2007, 12:23 PM

I presume you meant "fighting AGAINST"?

It's sad that you seem to have had such a bad experience. It's sader still that you now seem determined to become an antagonist against a good man, over something HE had nothing to do with.

I would point out something...

We can all see the momentum and numbers that the campaign is attracting.

So other than making yourself feel "better" w/ the "Adversary" rhetoric... you do realise you won't be "stopping" anything.

Certainly not ME.

And certainly not Dr. Paul.

aravoth
06-14-2007, 12:25 PM

It's very simple. Don't join the meet-up group. Someone will always try to dictate in that. They will always claim that they "take all orders from the tower" But they don't, they know it, I know it, and everyone else that has a working neuron knows it.

This grassroots campaign is the furthest thing from a dictatorship there is. I do what I want in my own way. This month I made videos, next month I might pay a homless guy to pass out RP flyers for me. That way he can buy some booze for spreading a little liberty around the city. A just reward if you ask me! The month after that I might get buttnekkid and para sail over the city with a huge banner hanging off my testicals that says "Mitt Romney Gives Good Head":eek: All right, so maybe that last bit won't work, I'd probably need one that says Fred Thompson instead. :D

Anyway, All jokes and bullshit aside. Do what ever you want, don't listen to your dicatorial meet-up group if you don't like them. I've been to my meet-up group only once, I'm not gonna wait for them to tell me anything. And if they say I can't do something, then they can do without me. It's that simple. Don't let a bunch of fun-nazi's get the best of you. Form your own group, and out-do the pussies in the other group. Thats what I would do. Now get on it. :D

RonPaulGetsIt
06-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Ron Paul may be the only member of congress who consistently votes in line with the consitution, but it doesn't have to remain that way. The more we can spread the word about Ron Paul, the easier it is for others to emulate him. Perhaps some on this board will run for an office. Perhaps his popularity will encourage current members of congress to honor their oath. Thank god for the internet to help spread the word.

romelll
06-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, pick up the most recent copy of Newsweek. The only thing good about this rag is George Will (shall I remind anyone that he was not cool on the Iraq war as well?)
George shreads Thompson and all those phonys that support him. Will did have a RP article a couple of months back and was positive. Certainly reading this article Of Tulips and Fred Thompson you can read between the lines the Paul is Will's guy.
Best quote (said in reference to Ronald Reagan and is applicable here) "First he was derided, then ingnored, then accepted, then discovered."

lucky
06-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Ron Paul may be the only member of congress who consistently votes in line with the consitution, but it doesn't have to remain that way. The more we can spread the word about Ron Paul, the easier it is for others to emulate him. Perhaps some on this board will run for an office. Perhaps his popularity will encourage current members of congress to honor their oath. Thank god for the internet to help spread the word.

This is what I want also. Even though I feel and expect RP to win it I want us all to seek out other people of similar philosophies. I want those of us to feel inspired and run for office ourselves. I want those of us that can to get out there and pound the pavement and discuss RP with friends and family.

We also need to let our State Parties know how we feel. I have sent a message to the Texas Republican party asking about some support for Ron Paul and just this morning received a reply saying how great our two Senators are for defeating the immigration bil. Our two Senators are traitors to the principles I hold dear and only voted the way they did because they stuck a finger in the air and knew they had no choice.

Now no more defeatist talk. We will win it all or no freedom for all.

Therion
06-14-2007, 05:16 PM

Looks like you forgot to login to your Giuliani account.