PDA

View Full Version : Has Obama Supplied Congress With An Actual Jobs Bill?

ItsTime
09-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Ive been hearing some buzz that Obama said "pass this bill" but in fact he has no bill drafted? I can not find anything on google, like MSM would report it anyway. Anyone have any insight to this issue?

wannaberocker
09-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Not yet.

ItsTime
09-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Im hoping for a news source.

fisharmor
09-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Wait... I thought this was the MO on capital hill now.
Get the populace all riled up with a bunch of scare tactics, then push through a 2000 page bill, and spend the next year deconstructing just what the hell got passed.

And they have the nerve to wonder why nobody's hiring. The don't know if they're getting shut down tomorrow is why, geniuses!

RileyE104
09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Of course! There's no way the President would urge Congress to immediately pass something that they haven't even seen yet. :rolleyes:

Rael
09-09-2011, 06:32 PM
The President cannot submit a bill to Congress.

WilliamC
09-09-2011, 06:39 PM
The President cannot submit a bill to Congress.

Say what?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/our-government/legislative-branch

The first step in the legislative process is the introduction of a bill to Congress. Anyone can write it, but only members of Congress can introduce legislation. Some important bills are traditionally introduced at the request of the President, such as the annual federal budget. During the legislative process, however, the initial bill can undergo drastic changes.

Now of course only Congress can introduce legislation, but the President can submit a bill to Congress and a sponsor(s) can introduce it for him.

Rael
09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Say what?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/our-government/legislative-branch

Now of course only Congress can introduce legislation, but the President can submit a bill to Congress and a sponsor(s) can introduce it for him.

He is not submitting a bill to Congress. He has to find a crony in Congress to submit it on his behalf.

Carole
09-09-2011, 07:52 PM
ive been hearing some buzz that obama said "pass this bill" but in fact he has no bill drafted? I can not find anything on google, like msm would report it anyway. Anyone have any insight to this issue?

lol :)

oyarde
09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Well , I have been looking for it , but have not found it .