PDA

View Full Version : Will the New Jobs (spending Plan) lead to another downgrade?

wannaberocker
09-09-2011, 10:56 AM
So i was wondering if this new spending plan could lead to another downgrade? I know that the rating agencies warned that this sort of mindless spending could lead to future downgrades.

Now i know everyone in the media and politics has pretty much forgotten that there even was a down grade. But what do ya guy think would happen if this new spending plan is passed?

oyarde
09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
It should , just for seriously talking about it ...

TCE
09-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm wondering if/when Moody's will downgrade us. As posted here (http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/08/why-s-p-s-ratings-are-substandard-and-porous/), there is already a 52% chance S&P will downgrade us again within two years. Tack on more spending and I can easily see another downgrade.

Oyarde: If it's talked about but not passed, then there would be no point to make a big deal out of it. Remember the argument goes if there are more jobs, there are more taxes to collect, and thus the governments "revenue" is higher.

If this was passed, there would be a need to raise the debt ceiling legitimately before the 2012 election. I could definitely see another downgrade with this much new spending or at least Moody's jumping on board.