PDA

View Full Version : Marketing, Sentiment, Demographics and Social Media Engagement

Texas
09-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Social Media Marketing, Campaign Sentiment and Demographics

I touched on this in a previous thread but I think one of the most powerful ways to inform those online about the message has to do with organization, deployment and engagement. We have many types of messages on the web and it takes a lot of man power to sift through all the data. There are more than enough Ron Paul supporters here on the forum to build an organized and structured deployment and engagement strategy, but what about the implementation of this strategy?

Obviously, these are just a few of my ideas here but I was hoping to see what some of you think and if we have the type of supporters that can help increase the marketing reach of the campaign. I own a marketing company and we integrate social media and search engine strategies all the time. As I discussed before, the main problem with the deployment of a Social Media strategy is man power, companies usually need to have someone dedicated to this job or require multiple employees to put in a few hours a week. We leverage Radian6 as our social media aggregator which literally listens to everything on the social media grid, this takes a lot of time to go through these types of reports. I hope I don't get to geeky or technical for anyone but if i do, please ask questions.

Organized Like, Plus, Retweet, Buzz and Digg Campaigns
To organize a specific campaign based on the social media of choice would increase its viral ability. These types of campaigns can coincide with TV ads or other forms of traditional marketing.

Example
There could be a forum user that wants to give back to the campaign and signs up for the Facebook team. A link could be pushed out to the group and all that is needed is a simple click.

News, Video and Blog Links Organized by Demographic
If we can collect and organize links about Ron Pauls message and categorize them based on the target market then this will increase the power of the message. I have seen many messages that relate to 18+, 30+, Active Military, Veterans and more. If there was a location that any of the forum users could go to based on their demographic to see what they could post on their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. then it makes it easier to copy, paste and publish. It takes our forum users time to sift through enough information as it is to find the right message for them, we should make it easy for them, they are willing and ready to pass on the message. It would be important to have managers or heads of each demographic or sub groups if possible.

Example
Lets say I signed up for the Active Military demographic and received a message that a post or update has been made. In the email i received I have two links, one to watch the video or read the article and the other is a link to "Like" it on Facebook. Once again, make it 'easy' to pass on the message.

Sentiment Organization - Positive, Neutral, Negative
First we need to be able to pull in this live data and disseminate it into different types of "Sentiment". For example, we could utilize Yahoo Pipes as well as Google Alerts and build a Pipe that is related to each sentiment. We don't need to go overboard on the synonyms but we could start off with the core keywords relative to that type of sentiment, ex. Ron Paul Increases, Ron Paul Emerges, Ron Paul Widens, Ron Paul Surprises. Building each Pipe would help organize the data into its respective category and could then be used within an RSS Reader.

Example
For example, we could have teams that would focus on each of the types of sentiment. For those involved with the positive sentiment, they would become an evangelist and push that positive message through social networks as well as comment on the positive sentiment directly. For negative, the team would strategize and make a comment on a negative blog for example, asking questions and giving some positive remarks about Ron Paul. This would help bring down the negative sentiment to neutral level.

Obviously there are many other strategies and I just wanted to name a couple to see what other thoughts are on the forum. There is a tremendous power within the forum, I just think it needs to be harnessed, organized and used. I do know its a lot easier to come up with a plan than it is to implement one.

Colter

TexMac
09-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I think this is a great idea.

Texas
09-09-2011, 11:12 AM
I honestly think it could work because we are working with people that have limited time but also utilize the internet as a resource. I think the hardest part is getting the people organized. I can build out the organized feeds and get those ready but its the sub grouping and passing on the information that matters most. Anyone else have some thoughts?

TexMac
09-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Do we need a website where people can sign up? Might be easier to manage than on a thread? Call it the Ron Paul Internet Army or something.

Texas
09-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I have a network of 60+ websites that we use to increase the marketing reach for clients. It would take no time to get something like that going but for the effort to get it done I would want the Army already signed up. I would also like to know more about the users on the forum, specifically which ones are internet savvy, social media savvy, technical hardware, technical software and if any are entrepreneurs that have resources that could be leverage in the fight, ex. VPS Hosting, Additional IP addresses,etc.

TexMac
09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
OK, we need a place to sign up, though. We had this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?313552-We-need-to-assemble-a-team-bloggers-facebook-twitter-youtube...-what-are-your-skills

You can see it sort of petered out, probably because the info didn't get organized. We need organized contact information for everyone who signs up so we can keep them engaged.

eaglesfan48
09-09-2011, 12:48 PM
This would be great and I'm glad your willing to step up to the plate with something like this.

You will need to start a list of users - with their specific skills - with their e-mail address. Once you have this you can start e-mailing them about specific actions you need from them.

The hardest part is definitely organizing something like this. If someone can step up and do a good job it can be hugely successful.

Texas
09-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Got it, we may need a survey to capture the forum name and/or email so we can associate their answers. I'm sure I could get a survey app integrated pretty quickly, this way its not a forum post that would take forever to organize.

@eagles - ill get the app online and then notify this thread when ready, maybe we could start getting the questions setup. I think having a 5 level experience option on some of the questions will be good. I would rather know that we have a person who is a 5 with PHP or Wordpress vs. a 2.

I think we need to organize each section in the survey so we can capture each persons skillset and then also what they are willing to donate (time, design, hosting, code, etc.)

eaglesfan48
09-09-2011, 01:55 PM
The app. idea is a great one. Once it is ready post a link to the app for sign ups in this thread and you should also post it in this thread that TexMac linked below. Hopefully this can get rolling, organization is the most important (and hardest) thing

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?313552-We-need-to-assemble-a-team-bloggers-facebook-twitter-youtube...-what-are-your-skills

TexMac
09-09-2011, 02:02 PM
We also have a member named LinuxJedi who (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=2876429) has offered to help with coding projects.

Texas
09-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Right on, sounds like a plan, ill work on getting that survey system up and running over the weekend. I leave for Miami on Monday so i will try to have it done by then.