PDA

View Full Version : Perry to compete in "Presidency 5" Straw Poll in Florida

Napoleon's Shadow
09-09-2011, 09:27 AM
From an e-mail:

Today I am announcing my intention to compete in the Florida Presidency 5 Straw Poll. I appreciate everything you do for the party, and feel it is important for our nominee to actively solicit the support of grassroots leaders like you.

I'm running for president to get America working again. Our nation cannot endure four more years of record debt, reduced credit, unbridled spending and rising unemployment. As president, I will work to get our federal government's fiscal house in order, restore our country's good credit, and repeal President Obama's misguided one-size-fits-all government-run health care plan.

As governor of Texas, I have worked hard to cultivate a strong economic environment. Since June of 2009, Texas is responsible for about 40 percent of the new jobs created in America. I am the first governor of my state to cut state spending since World War II. I have also signed property tax relief, a new loser pay law and property rights protections.

It is time to stop government bailouts and massive stimulus spending. I will cut taxes, reduce spending and work to save entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare. I will protect benefits for current recipients and those nearing retirement, while implementing reforms that save these vital programs for future generations.

I know some believe America is in decline. But it is Washington that is broken, not the spirit of the American People. We will revive the American Dream, and get this country working again.

It is my sincere desire to earn your support. I look forward to seeing you during my visits to Florida.

Sincerely,

Rick Perry

For information on my campaign or to pledge your support please visit http://rickperry.org/florida-presidency-5

BrendanWenzel
09-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Blows my mind that he says he'll stop the record debt when as governor Texas' debt has increased almost 300% from $13 billion to $38 billion.

evilfunnystuff
09-09-2011, 06:58 PM
bump

bkreigh
09-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah i got the same thing.

I also received a phone call this afternoon while i was taking a nap. It was a voice recorded message about P5. Anyway, they mentioned all the presidential candidates that would be attending but Ron Paul if i heard it correctly.