PDA

View Full Version : Campaign TV ad about Perry's intimidation/assault!

sofia
09-09-2011, 07:17 AM
I have an idea for the campaign....an ad which shows Perry's psycho behavior, but without making it seem like Ron is whining about it.

Show each of the photos from Perry's "attack"....highlight the psycho look on Perry's face...

Have the voiceover say words to the effect:

"Rick Perry didnt like having his liberal record exposed on national TV. How dare Ron Paul speak out about the Establishment's chosen candidate.

During a commercial break , liberal Rick Perry tried to intimidate Ron Paul. But Ron Paul will never back down to career politicians like liberal Rick Perry... He's been standing up to the Establishment bullies of Washington for 30 years......blah....blah...blah"

PERFECT!....Perry will be exposed as a raging psycho who
attacks an older gentleman, and Ron will seem like a tough, cool cookie who aint gonna back down.

What do u all think?

AdamT
09-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Rights to use the pic(s)?

RileyE104
09-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Why do you people persist in such futile actions? BOTH campaigns AND our man himself have denied any wrongdoing occurred.

Freakin' conspiracy theorists... I don't get some of you people. We take Dr. Paul on every word he says but then when it doesn't fit your little controlled-world scenario you claim that it's just because he can't tell us the truth. Just give it a rest already!

I mean, ya, when I saw the pictures I thought that Perry was getting too testy with Paul. But since neither campaign nor candidate have admitted there was any wrongdoing but in fact the exact opposite, all YOU are going to do is make Paul supporters look like the media's portrayal of Paul supporters.

amy31416
09-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Not. An. Assault.

Even I, as a female with an ever-so-delicate constitution, would not call it assault if someone did that to me. I'd just avoid them.

freeforall
09-09-2011, 08:01 AM
It's disrespectful to Ron not to drop it if he says it is no big deal. I share your disdain for Rick Perry however.

TexMac
09-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Why are we still going on about this non-incident after RP said it was nothing?

RileyE104
09-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Why are we still going on about this non-incident after RP said it was nothing?

Because some people here live in their own reality.

RonPaulFever
09-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Campaign TV ad about Perry's intimidation/assault!

I wish people would quit baiting in this way. It's really lame.

Tinnuhana
09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Okay, since it's a non-incident, we can just relax and do some photoshopping with the funny photos, right?

sailingaway
09-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Why do you people persist in such futile actions? BOTH campaigns AND our man himself have denied any wrongdoing occurred.

Freakin' conspiracy theorists... I don't get some of you people. We take Dr. Paul on every word he says but then when it doesn't fit your little controlled-world scenario you claim that it's just because he can't tell us the truth. Just give it a rest already!

I mean, ya, when I saw the pictures I thought that Perry was getting too testy with Paul. But since neither campaign nor candidate have admitted there was any wrongdoing but in fact the exact opposite, all YOU are going to do is make Paul supporters look like the media's portrayal of Paul supporters.

OUR MAN never denied any wrong doing occurred. He said he doesn't remember it. Essentially 'no big deal'. But he SHOULD say that. Hannity sounds like a wimp when he goes on and on about having a snowball thrown in his general vicinity. Ron is no wimp.

but the ad suggested would make it sound as if he were, imho. Benton's fundraising letter is different and will be seen differently. A candidate would be insane if they let this opportunity for fundraising go by without seizing it... or any other opportunity for fundraising, either.

So it isn't 'nothing'. It is just nothing Ron would deign to make a stink over. And we should be careful not to whine, as well.

Using the pictures in funny contexts, could be priceless, however.

Leave Ron out of it.

sailingaway
09-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Rights to use the pic(s)?

good point. The one with Perry grabbing his forearm, HuffPo linked to rather than reprinting, something about copyright distinctions. It is a rueters pic. If it is available for use by stock photo fee, I suggest we grab it now, before Perry buys up the rights or something.

Eric21ND
09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Hyperbolic, what does it mean?

minusbear
09-09-2011, 09:22 AM

It doesn't matter what they said.. it is the power of images.. more real than statements.. they create the reality in people's minds..

RileyE104
09-10-2011, 09:53 PM
It doesn't matter what they said.. it is the power of images.. more real than statements.. they create the reality in people's minds..

I understand using the images in an ad, but to base the ad on "Rick Perry assaulted Ron Paul" wouldn't be a good strategy.

Chainspell
09-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Not. An. Assault.

Even I, as a female with an ever-so-delicate constitution, would not call it assault if someone did that to me. I'd just avoid them.
wooo wtg amy!!

speciallyblend
09-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Not. An. Assault.

try grabbing a police officer wrists ? let alone touch them and point your finger in their face and see if you do not get arrested for assault! i double dare you!!

mstrmac1
09-10-2011, 10:41 PM
try grabbing a police officer wrists ? let alone touch them and point your finger in their face and see if you do not get arrested for assault! i double dare you!!

You have a point.

I think that what everyone else is trying to say is RP is not making a BIG deal out of it so we shouldn't either. I do agree the guy is crazy though.

Crickett
09-10-2011, 10:44 PM
There is PLENTY dirty about Perry without making up stuff about this drivel. H has been "in bed" with Merck, Chinese Telecom spies, some crazy insurance scheme with Mexico..he is BAD..

The Free Hornet
09-10-2011, 10:50 PM
I have an idea for the campaign....an ad which shows Perry's psycho behavior, but without making it seem like Ron is whining about it.

It should be sufficient that the pictures can be shown in any context and that several independent reporters wrote Paul-friendly pieces on it that paint Perry in a bad light. How could the official campaign do anything with it, aside from using it as a generic picture of Perry?

Are you curious if there is drop in the polling for Perry post-debate? If there is nothing, then this won't be the tactic to use regardless.

D.A.S.
09-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I think we should just let this incident.... drift away....

There's bigger fish to fry.

PaulConventionWV
09-10-2011, 11:03 PM

Show each of the photos from Perry's "attack"....highlight the psycho look on Perry's face...

Have the voiceover say words to the effect:

"Rick Perry didnt like having his liberal record exposed on national TV. How dare Ron Paul speak out about the Establishment's chosen candidate.

During a commercial break , liberal Rick Perry tried to intimidate Ron Paul. But Ron Paul will never back down to career politicians like liberal Rick Perry... He's been standing up to the Establishment bullies of Washington for 30 years......blah....blah...blah"

PERFECT!....Perry will be exposed as a raging psycho who
attacks an older gentleman, and Ron will seem like a tough, cool cookie who aint gonna back down.

What do u all think?

Uh, no. (facepalm).

PaulConventionWV
09-10-2011, 11:08 PM

That's a good point, but unfortunately, it's very different when none of the parties involved is a police officer.

Chainspell
09-10-2011, 11:24 PM
yeah the campaign wants to brush it off, they don't want it to blow up into anything. You know you can hate him for being aggresive and 'assaulting' people because of the picture--thats fine and thats good for us.

But once you start saying that Ron Paul himself felt assaulted, it will show that Ron is weak that he can't defend himself that he needs his supporters to back him up. I mean after a bully steals your lunch money you don't go wimpering around telling your friends about it...

and think about THIS: why are there pictures only. I think someone planned that whole shot and the perry camp baited Ron to complain about it--to make him look weak! But Ron's response was precious!! "I don't even remember" haha fucking brushed it off like it was nothing! He's saying im a tough guy Ill fucking OWN you next debate! (lol ofcourse he didnt say that)

here's one of the videos where you can pause a still frame of perry pointing his finger at somebody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RV9OhSkoeU

hueylong
09-10-2011, 11:33 PM
This campaign is about the future of America. Not, Rick Perry.

Chainspell
09-10-2011, 11:37 PM
yeap i think the OP got banned lol wonder why

Petar
09-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Not. An. Assault.

I trust Ron if he says that he did not feel threatened, but I do believe that placing your hand one someone like that can potentially be an assault.

As far as I am concerned, if someone puts their hand on me in an agressive way, then I have the right punch them in the face...

Chainspell
09-10-2011, 11:40 PM
I trust Ron if he says that he did not feel threatened, but I do believe that placing your hand one someone like that can potentially be an assault.

As far as I am concerned, if someone puts their hand on me in an agressive way, then I have the right punch them in the face...

haha hear hear

AdamT
09-10-2011, 11:43 PM
While these pics are interesting and make for good humor for us here, I don't think they would make an effective TV ad for a number of reasons. For one, it's just a bunch of fluff and conjecture of exactly what happened. Second, making any unsubstantiated claims about Perry could get the accuser in legal trouble if the Perry camp wanted to push it. And lastly the pics would not likely be available for use in a political ad due to the above reasons and more.

qh4dotcom
09-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Why was sofia banned?

Chainspell
09-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Why was sofia banned?
no idea, last post was about hitler lol