PDA

View Full Version : How to: Easy & Affordable Tabling for Ron Paul

justinpagewood
09-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Here's a little how-to diagram on an affordable way to start tabling and grow your local activism group, or just to do for fun on your own.

Let me know what you think. This is based off of all the times our local Orange County, CA group has been tabling for the last 4 months, nearly every weekend. It brings it down to the essence of what you need, so that you don't have to stress every time you set up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_ULJJd3KH70/TmnU5lVWb5I/AAAAAAAABGY/vKNciupTcfU/s1600/tabling2.jpg

eleganz
09-09-2011, 03:00 AM
damn great thread, those stickers are damn expensive!

harikaried
09-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Do you pass out no-taxes-on-tips business cards to people when tabling for people to use individually?

justinpagewood
09-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Do you pass out no-taxes-on-tips business cards to people when tabling for people to use individually?

the no tax on tips cards are actually a great replacement to the stickers. Every Ron Paul supporter wants to take a sticker, and stickers are so dang expensive relative to cards, no matter what. But people always love the No Tax on Tips cards, so I suppose that's an even more affordable solution.

eleganz
09-09-2011, 04:06 AM
I like that Ron Paul shirt but the proceeds do not go to the campaign, correct?

Nickwanz
09-09-2011, 04:30 AM
You can buy those rolls of 2 inch round stickers from the campaign store to handout. I give bumperstickers to people who will put them on their car. But those small ones are waaaay cheaper and perfect for handing out.

olehounddog
09-09-2011, 04:30 AM
You can get shirts from the campaign for 17 and 18 dollars. The no taxes on tips cards are 4 dollars. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/

Eric21ND
09-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Are you getting any more of those 4X6 bartender/server cards? Those puppies go like hot cakes! People snatch them up because the design is so eye pleasing.

harikaried
09-09-2011, 09:26 AM
the no tax on tips cards are actually a great replacement to the stickers. Every Ron Paul supporter wants to take a sticker, and stickers are so dang expensive relative to cards, no matter what. But people always love the No Tax on Tips cards, so I suppose that's an even more affordable solution.Indeed. I have a roll of Ron Paul stickers that come out to about 5 cents each.

I just bought the 5000x no-tax-on-tips business cards which comes out to less than 2 cents each.

Sure, they have different purposes, so both should stay around, but the business cards are more targeted and have the potential to spread the word even better.

Picked up some of the 18"x24" signs to get people interested to come over and talk and pick up the business cards too. :)

justinpagewood
09-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Are you getting any more of those 4X6 bartender/server cards? Those puppies go like hot cakes! People snatch them up because the design is so eye pleasing.

I actually discontinued the Large version because it's difficult to carry to restaurants. I always carried the small business-card size with me in my wallet, cuz it's easier to keep on you all the time, so I wasn't aware that anyone preferred the 4x6 cards.

Do you have more success with the 4x6's or business card size? I'd definitely consider bringing back the larger design, if you think it worked well.

eaglesfan48
09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Great Post Justin! We need as many people as possible to join in the effort and do some tabling for Ron Paul.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/
All the supplies you will need

parocks
09-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Excellent work. You are basically providing one stop shopping for the one item that meetups most need.

Spot on. Combine with the excellent design skill and the idea about voter registration party, and you've got a hot hand right now. You're on a roll.

parocks
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Excellent work. You are basically providing one stop shopping for the one item that meetups most need.

Spot on. Combine with the excellent design skill and the idea about voter registration party, and you've got a hot hand right now. You're on a roll.

I just bought some cards. Not many. People should know that a full assortment of the business card size cards costs on $4 total. 40 cards, 6 different designs, 6 different messages, can fit in your wallet. And they look great (at least on the internet, and I bet they're even nicer in real life).

harikaried
09-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I ordered the stack of 5000 no tax on tips cards plus a pack of the signs last Friday. I know more needed to be printed to be sent out this week, but hopefully I can get them by Sunday morning for the farmers market tabling. I suppose I might be able to grab some when I drive down to LA for the straw poll.

Maximus
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
My bartender went crazy over the no tips cards last night. Probably going to organize a pub crawl.

FA.Hayek
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
wow, excellent work!!! you're an inspiration to me and my friend, as we're organizing our first ever tabling events

Eric21ND
09-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I actually discontinued the Large version because it's difficult to carry to restaurants. I always carried the small business-card size with me in my wallet, cuz it's easier to keep on you all the time, so I wasn't aware that anyone preferred the 4x6 cards.

Do you have more success with the 4x6's or business card size? I'd definitely consider bringing back the larger design, if you think it worked well.
The business cards were nice, but the 4x6 were very readable and eye catching. I went through those the fastest of anything actually because servers would want more to give to fellow co-workers.