PDA

View Full Version : ID-Remember that man who was going to jail for shooting a bear to protect his family?

Anti Federalist
09-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Read the initial reports here. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?311794-Man-Faces-2-Years-In-Prison-For-Shooting-Grizzly-Who-Threatened-His-Children)

A Predictable Coda to the Jeremy Hill Case

Posted by William Grigg on September 8, 2011 08:55 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/94472.html

Wendy Olson, the “Justice” Department’s commissarina for legal affairs in Idaho, has dropped criminal charges against Jeremy Hill, the heroic father who shot and killed a grizzly bear that threatened his family. This wasn't done in recognition of Jeremy Hill's innocence, or as a gesture of supposed clemency (which isn’t necessary, since Hill didn’t commit a crime). Instead, it was a successful act of extortion: As part of a deal, Hill agreed his actions violated a regulation of the Endangered Species Act against removing “nuisance” bears and paid a $1,000 fine.

Hill, a young father of six who is a man of limited means, explained that he paid the extortion demand in order “to avoid putting my family through the emotional strain and the cost of a trial. I am glad this issue has been resolved out of court, and I am looking forward to putting this unfortunate incident behind me.”

This is exactly the resolution that had been sought by Idaho Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter, who advised Interior Secretary Ken Salazar that “There is great public outcry about this issue, and prosecution may further damage community support for recovery efforts.” On this construction the important thing is not to protect Hill’s rights, but to preserve the supposed legitimacy of the totalitarian Endangered Species Act.

Otter had the duty to interpose on behalf of Hill and his family, rather than aiding and abetting the Regime’s assault on an innocent citizen of Idaho. This case is the latest one to illustrate that in dealing with the Feds, Butch is actually more of a “Nelly”: For the purposes of image maintenance, Otter likes to dress up like a cowboy and recite tough-guy rhetoric about “nullification” — until we get down to cases and somebody’s rights are actually assaulted by the Leviathan. If Otter were any part of the man he pretends to be, he would use his office to rid Idaho of “nuisance” federal prosecutors.

sevin
09-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Maybe we can get enough people to donate and raise $1000 for him. This is BS.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2011, 09:33 PM

I'd "ChipIn" to that.

TruckinMike
09-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm in for $20 --- wheres the chip-in?

TMike

tangent4ronpaul
09-08-2011, 09:50 PM
What's a bear skin rug and 800 pounds of bear meat worth? I'm guessing more than $1,000

AFPVet
09-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Bears are K9's... basically big dogs. So... they protect one type of K9, yet routinely kill another.... In this context, this particular K9 threatened people... they had a right to defend themselves.

Icymudpuppy
09-08-2011, 10:10 PM

I'm in for 100. Who knows how we can get it to him?

Pericles
09-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I won't criticize the guy much for taking the deal - having the leviathan after you can't be pleasant. But given the public outrage, he could have held out for a better deal or fought the thing and in the process become a folk hero for making the beast lose credibility for prosecuting a guy for defending his family against attack from an animal.

amy31416
09-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I won't criticize the guy much for taking the deal - having the leviathan after you can't be pleasant. But given the public outrage, he could have held out for a better deal or fought the thing and in the process become a folk hero for making the beast lose credibility for prosecuting a guy for defending his family against attack from an animal.

Dude's got 6 kids, he's tired. Damn tired.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm in for 100. Who knows how we can get it to him?

Good question.

I dropped Will Grigg an email, he lives in Idaho and has been on top of this story.

I'll post his reply if I get one.

Rael
09-08-2011, 10:59 PM
I guess the lesson is to shoot the bear and keep quiet about it.

Anti Federalist
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM

It is always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

AFPVet
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM

There ya go.

A Son of Liberty
09-09-2011, 03:31 AM
Haven't been to LRC yet today, but based on the eloquence, I'm guessing Will Grigg? :) Love that guy.

Edit: Oops, didn't see his name in the OP. Duh. Still early. :)

A Son of Liberty
09-09-2011, 03:31 AM
It is always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Shoot, shovel, and shut up.

A Son of Liberty
09-09-2011, 03:32 AM

We'll have to raise more than a thousand, since he'll be taxed on whatever we raise for him.

mrsat_98
09-09-2011, 06:03 AM
We'll have to raise more than a thousand, since he'll be taxed on whatever we raise for him.

Dude, you have a mark in yo head.

p=96 a=6 y=150 t=120 a=6 x=144 e=30 s=114 paytaxes=666

cucucachu0000
09-09-2011, 06:52 AM
i can give him a few bucks