PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron Paul offer a response to Obama's speech?

Created4
09-08-2011, 05:51 PM
From Fox News:

No Official GOP Rebuttal? Bachmann to Do Her Own

Taking advantage of her distinction as a Republican member of Congress, presidential candidate Michele Bachmann has scheduled a press conference to respond to President Obama's jobs speech on Thursday night, even though the GOP has declined to offer an official rebuttal.
Bachmann, who has seen her campaign stall since the entry of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, is one of two Republican presidential candidates who is also a member of Congress. Rep. Ron Paul is the other.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/08/bachmann-to-hold-press-conference-post-obama-speech/

ravedown
09-08-2011, 05:53 PM
i think silence says it best. ...'what speech?'

Created4
09-08-2011, 06:11 PM
As a member of Congress he has the opportunity to offer a rebuttal and get free publicity, something Bachmann is taking advantage of.

acptulsa
09-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Rand has been there and done that, so probably not.

V3n
09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I read on here he'll be on Piers Morgan tonight - I'm sure he'll give his reaction there. (9pm EST)

Aratus
09-08-2011, 06:17 PM
i have Rand's short 7 min+ rebuttal :toady: that counters the 'fireside chat' pitch
multitask'd in sublime online video mode playing right now as i am typing this!:)

moderate libertarian
09-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Speech was too general, Rand has made a good response so far.

Ron should wait till specifics come out on "pay for itself" misleading part..a week from Monday is it.

Created4
09-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Rand has been there and done that, so probably not.

The problem is Rand is not running for president, and other than youtube and forums like this, will probably get almost no media coverage.

sailingaway
09-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I read on here he'll be on Piers Morgan tonight - I'm sure he'll give his reaction there. (9pm EST)

Ron didn't go. I hope they don't ask him about it.... not because I don't mind that he doesn't go, but I bet he doesn't bother watching, either. Hope his staff briefs him before the telecast....

V3n
09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Rand Paul's response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j80sRzMVj0

Aratus
09-08-2011, 06:33 PM
the cameras on NBC were panning onto the faces of Kentucky's two senators during our president's address. i thought this was quite interesting!

Aratus
09-08-2011, 06:36 PM
matt collins even got a transcript for rand's very thoughtful reply up and online
in the other thread quite fast, i thought! 100,ooo thanx + kudos to matt collins!!!

wannaberocker
09-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Obama didnt really say anything new. Well actually he did say something new regarding how much faith he has in a command economy. An economy where the federal Govt goes out and fixes windows in public schools nation wide.

It all seems like a bad joke that this president would like to take America to the failed policies that the Old Soviet Union was using. What the Fuck is this guy smoking? His huge jobs plan is that the fed govt will hire a bunch of people to fix windows in public schools. Its like he lives in crazyville.

freedomsoundmoney
09-08-2011, 11:01 PM
rands response was excellent. he left out mentioning that in regards to the"anecdotes" he referred to was that he is in favor of closing such loopholes in exchange for lowing rates overall and simplifying the tax code for everyone...