PDA

View Full Version : Romney: I don’t want to raise taxes on the American people, but ..

moderate libertarian
09-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Not going to feel sorry for him because many people won't vote for because they don't think he is a "Christian". Regardless, the guy is a first rate idiot.

For those who can’t watch clips online, the first part of Romney’s answer was that he has “a bit of a hard time with the idea that there are people who don’t feel like they’re supporting our troops by contributing tax revenue.” He added, “I don’t want to raise taxes on the American people, but I think everybody ought to feel that they’re part of this effort and that they’re providing for our military, providing for our roads, providing for our schools.”

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2011_09/i_dont_want_to_raise_taxes_but032062.php

Acala
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't want to raise taxes on the American people, but it's the only way I can give money to the banks and military contractors that support my candidacy so . . . fuck 'em.

Sola_Fide
09-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Typical collectivist answer. No surprise.

ghengis86
09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Hey mittens, the troops don't want you as their CiC! If you support the troops, support Ron Paul, who has received more campaign donations from military members than you and all your neocon, establishment cronies combined!

Aratus
09-08-2011, 04:16 PM
mitt's total qualifier "but" = H.W's "read my lips" ---?

SimpleName
09-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Classic political line. Not sure if you could call this double speak, but its in a similar realm.