PDA

View Full Version : Wondering How to Help RP When Your Stuck at Home?

Jake Ralston
09-08-2011, 11:48 AM
With so many new members lately, here is a checklist of a few things you can do to help the Ron Paul 2012 Liberty Movement:

1. First and foremost, keep in mind that the most important thing you can do is grab a friend and go door to door. I know this topic is covering those times when your "stuck at home", but this strategy should be kept in mind as the most crucial. Make some Ron Paul fliers, or even better, buy some from the campaign. Be polite, courteous and always travel with at least one friend. Just knock on the door and if given the time, talk to people. Don't be abrasive or insultive, don't be challenging. You will probably feel nervous or awkward at first, but trust me this passes fast and it's cool when you start talking to people and making progress. You WILL make a friend or two in the process as well, I guarantee it. If they have a "No Soliciting" sign on their property, respect it. Be prepared mentally for any challenges you may be given about Ron Paul, and then answer in a factual and calm way. Don't go too far into specifics unless given the opportunity. My advice is to hit the subjects that most people can easily relate to:

-Ending the Wars
-Bringing back Sound Money and a stable Economy/Currency
-Limiting Wasteful Government
-Putting the People's interests first, ahead of the Establishment
-The Consitution

If the person is not receptive, try to at least leave the flier ... because some people have walls up or are prideful, and do not want to give in on the spot.

2. Now, for those of you stuck at home, or even work. One good thing to do is to simply do a Google search on "Ron Paul" or "Ron Paul 2012" at least a few times a day. Believe it or not, this helps. It keeps Ron on the internet traffic of the most popular search engine in the world. You can type it in 20 times in a matter of seconds. Also, you can Google "Liberal Rick Perry" (thanks Cleaner44!) if you want to keep that up as well.

3. Order some Ron Paul gear from the campaign website. It's up to you how intense you want to be with this. I would recommend one sticker for your car, and a t-shirt or two. People will notice. Many will say nothing at all and not care, but, trust me when I say this ... you will find yourself walking in the store and someone will give you props. The thing with that is, your likely to have a quick minute or two conversation about Ron Paul. People will overhear you. If your really lucky someone might even join in the convo who previously wasn't a supporter. The main thing here is, continued publicity.

4. Stay active online. If you don't have a twitter account, I suggest getting one. You can tweet and retweet a lot of the local updates. Facebook as well, make sure your friends with the Ron Paul page. Post a video or Ron Paul quote every now and then, and see how people respond. If its positive, follow up on it. Negative as well, respectfully. Also be sure to send out a few mass-invites to people on Ron Paul stuff.

5. Donate. Till it hurts. I'm not one to tell people how to spend their money, so take this as a friendly suggestion. The moneybombs are crucial to Ron Paul's campaign finances. If your like me, and money is tight (understandable), try saving $20 a week in anticipation for the next moneybomb. Does that mean I eat out one less time per week? Yes. But I don't care because this is beyond a worthy cause. If your thinking:

"well yea but I don't know if I should give my money because, will Ron Paul really win?"

keep in mind that the more money we can donate NOW, the more horsepower the campaign will have for the later stages of the election, which is crucial! Also, even if Ron Paul did somehow lose (not that we think about that) OR if we somehow donated more than the campaign needed (no such thing, really) keep in mind that Ron puts VERY good use to this money. Last election he donated all of it to his freedom cause. Cool stuff.

There are many other good and unique ideas out there for those of us who don't have a lot of time on our hands. Please bump old threads that hit this topic and give any other ideas you have. Thanks.

-Ralston

RKoho
09-08-2011, 12:26 PM
6. While recovering from my knee injury I scoured the internet and debated with people all over online comment sections. So if you're not able to go out and campaign educate yourself on Austrian economics and debate people on comment sections, especially on negative press. These people are all likely voters and I've found their hatred of Paul comes from media spin. Particularly the Huffington Post users on his social policy stances. So, educate them. Politely. Some may still disagree but they leave with a good impression on our campaign! Others may stop responding, personally I think those are the ones likely to join us as their arguments were exhausted.

Please, please refrain from calling people 'sheeple', 'communist', 'welfare babies' or whatever. It makes it so much more difficult to persuade them, or for them to even think about Pauls stances.

A good resource is actually from one of our own, Alex Merced. His channel below covers a wide range of arguments.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlexMerced

LibertyEagle
09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
6. Go to the campaign website, www.ronpaul2012.com and register as a volunteer to do calling to likely Republican voters. Someone will contact you to hook you up. The calling is going on now.

Napoleon's Shadow
09-08-2011, 07:21 PM
This election will be won by:

1- phone banking
2- door-to-door
3- donations to the campaign for
4- direct mail

We only want to target likely Republican voters.

eaglesfan48
09-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Excellent post, its all about being active!