PDA

View Full Version : The Debate America should have seen

anewvoice
09-08-2011, 07:27 AM
So the debate formats mostly suck, and we're not going to get a fair shake, wah. We've got the creativity, and some folks the skills, to make a proper debate format which gets our message out. Here's what I propose.

1) Pull the varying questions from the debate videos, from various sources
2) Pull the answers which are available on the tubes from the candidates into clips
3) Tag the responses with the question tag and the candidate tag
4) For the non-internet folks, organize the videos as if the candidates were asked questions, and play the clips back as if they were responding, burnt to DVD

We can start with Ron Paul and organizing his answers as they are not getting the play they deserve, but it might also be useful (like the Mitt video) to have the opponents and their conflicting responses.

Thoughts?

Josalyn
09-08-2011, 07:32 AM
This is a brilliant idea!!!

What a way to show his honest answers to questions the media is avoiding when confronted with Ron in debates. I think this is a GREAT idea and I would love to help with it.

anewvoice
09-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Any thoughts on where to do it? Facebook seems a likely candidate given their numbers and the built in tagging (and campaigns are already there).

Paul4Prez
09-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a good project....

nasaal
09-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I would have been satisfied with only allowing people who can properly explain their ideas being allowed on stage. People from other parties participating so that actual discussion can be allowed would be nice too. That'd leave us with what, Kucinich and Paul? I can deal with that debate.

freeforall
09-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Great idea!

Napolitanic Wars
09-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm afraid I don't get it. You're saying take questions from ALL debates? Questions for Paul only? Then answer the question with Paul's speeches? Why? He answered the questions in the debate. "Tag"? You mean title? such as "Ron Paul, what is your stance on gay marriage?"

tremendoustie
09-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I think this is a great idea. Take questions not just from debates, but from interviews, etc. Also, post clips of other candidates answering the same questions.

Lymeade-Lady
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
To go one step further, I think we ought to look toward hosting our own debate in 4 or 8 years. With real questions and real time to answer from every candidate. I just don't know how that would work--especially getting telelvised. Won't help this year (unless by some miracle it could happen that soon), but it could really be an influence in years to come.

jason43
09-11-2011, 03:58 PM
I would love a Kusinich vs Paul debate 15 minute opening and 5 mins per question. That would be a real left vs right debate.

anewvoice
09-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Okay, and I'll admit up front that wordpress is not my best tool but I've got something up as a concept. I took a question from the palmetto freedom forum, identified a few relevant videos from Ron paul on the subject, categorized it, tagged it and voila, a demo. :)

http://therealdebates.wordpress.com/

I also added a submit form for people to send submit requested answer videos from Ron Paul to be added.

This approach does rely on youtube as I have not figured out how to embed a video from ronpaulflix yet. It'll be a good deal of video effort but I think this could turn into a virtual debate of sorts.

What says you?

anewvoice
09-15-2011, 05:21 AM
self bump for falling to page 3

YAY for falling to page 3 so quickly! :)

Chainspell
09-15-2011, 06:47 AM
i've been working on this idea right after i made my first video. there's already a lot of little ideas to make this project work. so hang in there :)

anewvoice
09-15-2011, 07:20 AM
i've been working on this idea right after i made my first video. there's already a lot of little ideas to make this project work. so hang in there :)

I'd like to not duplicate efforts if possible, what do you have in mind? If possible, let's collect the ideas on this thread..

outspoken
09-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Awesome idea! Let me know when it's done so I can post it on facebook to spread the word.

anewvoice
09-15-2011, 08:02 AM
The video editing takes a good deal of time so it's really the idea first. Does the structure get the message across, if so then I'll, hopefully with some volunteers, put it into full gear.

I was trying to use more fancy options with plug-ins, but the free wordpress does not allow plug-ins.

anewvoice
09-15-2011, 07:07 PM
bump for new content and site revisions, thoughts...

anewvoice
09-16-2011, 01:17 PM
I think this is a great idea. Take questions not just from debates, but from interviews, etc. Also, post clips of other candidates answering the same questions.

That's an interesting idea, maybe pick the opposing candidate answers that really emphasize the difference that Ron Paul represents.

anewvoice
09-23-2011, 07:07 AM
another debate without Ron Paul getting enough time, great showing by the doctor though!

Been busy the past week but bringing this back out for comments..

therealdebates.wordpress.com (http://therealdebates.wordpress.com/)