PDA

View Full Version : I'm All But Done With These Debates...

No Free Beer
09-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Now, I want to make one thing clear...I thought Ron did very well last night. A lot of people seem to be worried about his fence answer. Although, I disagree with him on a border fence, his answer made PERFECT sense. As I said to another RPF member, "a government strong enough to put up a fence to keep people out, is strong enough to keep us in." Anyway, the fence answer is not the point of this thread. My point is that I am sick and tired of the media. And to be fair, it's not only how they treat Ron, but how they treat every candidate other than Perry and Romney. As much as I disagree with Santorum, he doesn't get much time. Same can be said for Cain (although he had a decent amount last night) and Newt. The media, whether it is Fox, CNN, or MSNBC, seems to be more obsessed with the entertainment value of debates. In other words, "lets get Romney and Perry to spar because it makes for good television." Another thing that was very apparent was the fact that MSNBC was pushing Huntsman. Before the debate started, Chris Matthews and company kept bringing up Jon Huntsman, saying he is "fair" and "reasonable" and that he should be looked at more. So what did we see? Huntsman, who is polling HORRIBLY, got quite a bit of attention...more so than the man who is currently in 3rd place nationally...RON PAUL. Another thing that a fellow RPF member noticed was that Ron wasn't asked ONE question about foreign policy last night. Ron had to bring that up on his own time. If you look at the way these debates are set up, they are plain STUPID. How can a candidate explain their position on something like monetary policy in 1 minute? I mean, honestly? Come on! Instead of every major network being guaranteed at least 2 debates, which they would only be allowed to cover ONE subject per debate (so they could discuss foreign policy in one and, say, the economy in the second debate). This would allow the candidates more time to EXPLAIN their answers and give more details about each candidates plan various subjects. But, this obviously wouldn't help anyone on stage other than someone like Newt or Ron Paul. We all know that Romney, Perry, Bachmann, want as many short answers as possible.

But it's not just the debates, it's also what goes on after. I went on the blaze right after the debate and this is what I saw...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ron-paul-want-to-pull-plug-on-ac-for-troops-in-afghanistan/
I mean, really? Either the person who posted this is very incompetent or he/she is just being dishonest.

Or this...
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ron-paul-debate-romney/2011/09/07/id/410155

There was another where the article completely excluded Ron.

It was very obvious that after the debate, Ron was going to be attacked.

Demint's forum at least allowed candidates time to discuss the issues. It allowed voters to see through the lies of some candidates...ie Michele Bachmann's constitution question. It is so easy for the moderators to exclude, ignore, and/or barely give any attention to certain candidates and control what is being said and what is not. Who is going to be a "front runner" and who is not.

As the title suggests, I am all but done with these debates. I will prob watch the CNN one...but if that one is going to just as pathetic as the last...I might just 'opt out' of the debating system....

kazmlsj
09-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I refuse to watch the debates...too much stress and for what? It is a fact that the mainstream media works for the machine (or secret government or whatever you want to call it). A little research will prove that fact. What I am intrigued by is that many people are waking up to this fact...THAT'S what needs to happen.

The CNN debate from last time was the most dispicable display of disrespect for the candidates (Paul and Huckabee) as well as for the watching public (they think we are mentally challenged).

Don't waste your time or get yourself upset. Spend you time doing something useful.