PDA

View Full Version : Ronald "Tear Down This Wall" Reagan

Rede
09-07-2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK30k2WTxY0

We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty -- the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace.

There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.

General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate.

Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate.

Mr. Gorbachev -- Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

The narrative: Ron Paul = Ronald Reagan

(Edit: In regards to the fence comment sounding 'conspiratorial' or 'kooky'...)

Bruno
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
You mean the wall to keep people in? That must be the reality Ron Paul was talking about...

Tunink
09-07-2011, 08:56 PM
You mean the wall to keep people in? That must be the reality Ron Paul was talking about...

Exactly.

Rede
09-07-2011, 09:00 PM
This is my guess of what he's referencing with the fence comment. I wouldn't be totally surprised if it was a planned comment.

It's not like it's a question that couldn't have been predicted or that he couldn't have answered with the usual "defend our borders instead of South Korea's borders". He'd have been prepped for this question.

Paul4Prez
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
There's a section of the Berlin Wall at the Reagan Library, not far from his grave site. It's quite a powerful reminder of what Reagan at his best stood for and spoke out for -- freedom.

Ron Paul is right -- a free country doesn't need a giant wall, protected with machine guns and barbed wire. America needs to lift the lamp of liberty to the world, showing a shining example of what a free country should be.

ForLiberty2012
09-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I don't understand.... Ron Paul has always talked about "securing our borders". I don't get why he answered that question that way. I feel like he blurted that out, I don't truly feel like he meant it. I'd like to hear Ron Paul explain further about this concept of "keeping people in" because I've never heard him mention that before.

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't understand.... Ron Paul has always talked about "securing our borders". I don't get why he answered that question that way. I feel like he blurted that out, I don't truly feel like he meant it. I'd like to hear Ron Paul explain further about this concept of "keeping people in" because I've never heard him mention that before.

He doesn't like a police state, doesn't like the travel restrictions posed as security measures, TSA, 'declaration' of sending money out of the country, supposed ability to search the contents of your laptop at the border.... he isn't keen on putting a wall around the country on top of that, I suspect. But he would end ALL subsidies to illegal immigrants, and police our border.

Tinnuhana
09-07-2011, 11:50 PM
h xxp://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ron-paul-debate-romney/2011/09/07/id/410155

So telling the truth about the Reagan presidency isn't a vote getter?