PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Ron Paul blasts TSA at debate. How many votes did he win for that tonight?

low preference guy
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Video at link (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20103042-503544.html)

Paul was also asked about his call to demolish the TSA and how he would replace it.
After saying airlines should be responsible for the securities of passengers - not government bureaucrats - Paul added: "And look at the monstrosity we have at the airports."

"These TSA agents are abusive," he said. "Sometimes they're accused of all kinds of sexual activities on the way they maul people at the airport."

Link (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20103042-503544.html)

MRK
09-07-2011, 08:48 PM
I just got back from a flight a few hours ago.

The pat down from my first flight yesterday involved my genitalia being touched three times. The pat down from the flight today involved no such thing (pun!), even though I had set off the liquid detectors by leaving a few bottles of water in my luggage which I would think would lead them to be more invasive. Why the inconsistency, don't they follow standardized procedures? I'm sure many Americans who have flown will eventually ponder the same thing. Granted, nearly every person going through security at the airport stepped right through the xray probably having no idea they had a chance to opt out. At least in Indianapolis the TSA agent ushering people towards the xray identified it as an xray by saying "step through into the xray." In Cleveland the TSA agent just said to step up right through here. When I said I would prefer a pat down, I received a baffled look, and it took them a few minutes to find a male agent to pat me down. After waiting a couple minutes I said I would accept a female, to which I was told that they were not allowed to do that. I guess they do follow procedures from time to time :rolleyes:

Per the linked article, I think the article has an effective attention-taking headline ("Ron Paul: Government set up the stage for 9/11") that will get a good number of hits to a fair article. Might be good PR for the doctor if the article gets read.