PDA

View Full Version : Influenza flu Shot Pro or con?

CurtisLow
11-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Do you get a flu shot and if you don't why?

Are they good to get or bad for the body?

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/8711/flushortagemn1.gif

LBennett76
11-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I work in a hospital environment so I feel a little safer having had one. Shots where they're injecting me with who knows what still kind of scare me though. *Crosses her fingers and hopes that the shot is what they say it is*

angelatc
11-04-2007, 10:47 PM
I can't even comment without sounding like a conspiracy theorist. I have no faith in them - every year it's the same spiel "This flu will be the worst one ever! And if you don't hurry, there won't be enough vaccines to go around, and you could DIE!"

Whatever.

Tina
11-04-2007, 10:51 PM
I can't even comment without sounding like a conspiracy theorist. I have no faith in them - every year it's the same spiel "This flu will be the worst one ever! And if you don't hurry, there won't be enough vaccines to go around, and you could DIE!"

Whatever.

Yep, not to mention putting mercury in you body.

rodent
11-04-2007, 10:54 PM

Whatever.

I bet it damages sperm or has HPV viruses to sterilize women.

aravoth
11-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I also work in a medical labratory, on top of selling real estate. I won't go into to specifics, it would take way too long. But you would not believe the shit they put in vaccines. A lot of the chemicals and compounds used have been used as poisens to kill, or drive a person mad in the past. Why people even bother with them is beyond me. It's a proven fact, that if you have a healthy diet and exercise, your odds at not getting sick with a variety of illnesses are drastically lower than those that eat crap, don't exercise, and get vaccinations. Anyway, about the flu shot.

To summerize, It only really protects you from 4 to 10 different strains of flu. 4 to 10 strains, out of several tens of thousands of already identified strains. They decide which strains to vaccinate you from every year, by determining which ones are more likely to become widespread. It is quite a process to figure that out. And mostly it is statistical bullshit. Since people travel much further and faster in todays world, it's becomeing increasingly difficult to track these kinds of things.

LizF
11-04-2007, 11:22 PM

Whatever.

I agree.

Corydoras
11-05-2007, 01:45 AM
I always get them. Back when I smoked, I got bronchitis every year and it was a bitch spending ten percent of every year sick. Now I don't want to risk getting more respiratory infections than I have to. Been there, done that, and I'm tired of risking weeks out of my life for more of them. I also talked a doctor into giving me the pneumonia vaccine even though I was a lot younger than the age group it was targeted at.

I'm a huge believer in vaccines. If you've ever known someone who was a quadriplegic from having gotten polio before the vaccine, you just might be, too.

ConstitutionGal
11-05-2007, 01:52 AM
I'd think that unless you've got some other really seriuos health issues, you're probably better off actually catching the flu than you are will all the chemicals such as mercury, thimerisol and even formaldehyde that they put in the vaccines nowadays. All the childhood vaccinations are now being, albeit quietly, linked to autism, ADD and ADHD. As a matter of fact, I have a friend who had a perfectly healty and happy little boy until TWO DAYS after his last round of vaccinations - he is now austic and his doctors have admitted that it was most likely brought on by the vaccines!!

Best advice, take your chances with the flu. You'll be better off in the long run.

jgmaynard
11-05-2007, 01:55 AM
Well, I am a TOTAL needle-phobe so I personally would MUCH rather have the flu than get an injection. Simple as that. :D

JM

PatriotG
11-05-2007, 05:40 AM
The last time I had a flu shot was in the mid 1980's
I got the flu that year

Havent had one since, havent had the flu since.

Probably just coincidence.
No Vaccines for this guy.

My wife and I have been discussing this topic lately, because we are suspicious that our son may have a very slight case of Asperger's. We havent had him assesed yet by a pro but the signs are there.

What we have been reading on the web points to vaccinations bringing it on.

Especially the shots she recieved during pregnancy.
Some type of RH Factor vaccine when mother and child have different blood types.

Whats really interesting is that a study was run. and Quaker's, who do not vaccinate for religious reasons, Ive read, please correct me if Im wrong, they have no cases of ADHD, Autism, Asbergers etc....

Vaccinations?
No way.

PatriotG

thehittgirl
11-05-2007, 05:49 AM

Whatever.

Agreed. I usually tell people we survived all those years without them, why get one? Of course once in awhile you'll get that comeback answer, "Things are different now." :rolleyes:

Zarxrax
11-05-2007, 06:04 AM
I get the flu shot most every year. I'm not a very healthy person, and tend to get sick somewhat frequently. Honestly, I've never heard anything bad enough about the flu shot to make me scared of taking it. Hell, some of you guys would be surprised what kind of stuff is in a lot of the fast food you eat :p

From my experience, I have always gotten the flu the worst in years when I didn't get a shot.

eloquensanity
11-05-2007, 06:14 AM
I work in a hospital. I don't take flu shots.
I read a study a couple of years ago that showed a correlation to flu shots and alzheimers. I don't know that there is any proof could be co-incidence, but in that study they found a higher incidence of alzheimers in people who had taken a flu shot for 3 consecutive years or more.

freelance
11-05-2007, 06:22 AM
I get the flu shot most every year. I'm not a very healthy person

Any connection there?

jamesmadison
11-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Natural antivirals: garlic(crushed), olive leaf(oleuropein extract), coconut oil.

If you get sick, this is a fairly potent combination - all three are antimicrobials and antifungals too.

Stay away from vaccines.

LBennett76
11-05-2007, 07:07 AM
I haven't had the flu since I started getting them 3 years ago. And that's good because I can't afford it and it looks REALLY bad for me to call off work (only have once in the past year). I am one of only 2 employees (we both work the same shift doing different jobs) and I don't get sick days or vacation days as I only work 24 hours a week. So the shot's worked for me so far.
The shot though is generally mainly given to old people though.
I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to vaccines too, but this one has helped me a lot the past few years.

eyeswideopen
11-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Same with me, PatriotG.

I broke down in ’87 and took the flu shot they were pushing at work. Got the flu two months later and thought I was going to die. I haven’t taken a shot since and haven’t had the flu.

In case anyone hasn’t heard about colloidal silver, check out lifesilver.com. Not all CS is the same but I can personally recommend this product. Read the testimonials and the scientific studies. It even kills MRSA I am not connected with lifesilver other than a consumer of the product.

Revolution9
11-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I get the flu shot most every year. I'm not a very healthy person, and tend to get sick somewhat frequently. Honestly, I've never heard anything bad enough about the flu shot to make me scared of taking it. Hell, some of you guys would be surprised what kind of stuff is in a lot of the fast food you eat :p

From my experience, I have always gotten the flu the worst in years when I didn't get a shot.

Fast food "we" eat. Methinks we have found the source of your sickliness. Eat well and exercise. Keep the crap out of your body.

Best
Randy

freelance
11-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Revolution9,

Funny you should mention fast food. Lookie what I found early this a.m. This'll cure you of eating that rotten crap.

http://www.newstarget.com/022194.html

BuddyRey
11-05-2007, 07:47 AM
I personally know a guy who was paralyzed from the waist down and had to learn how to walk again after a botched flu shot. This is rare, of course, but I'd really rather not have the shot anyway. Is the disease really that much worse than the cure?

alicegardener
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
I worry but get the shot anyway because I work with old people and wouldn't want to pass the virus on to them. You can spread the disease before you have symptoms yourself.

Mortikhi
11-05-2007, 08:10 AM
I never get that shot.

Get a shot, get sick!
Don't get a shot, might get sick!

I'll take the possibility of getting sick over guaranteed sickness anyday

freelance
11-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Here's the deal. I read a couple of months ago somewhere on LEF.org (you can go search it, or you can take my word for it) that almost 90% of the flu deaths are actually attributable to pneumonia. So, then I did a little research on the same site for the pneumonia vaccine, because I wanted to see just how evil that vaccine is. What I found didn't surprise me--yes, it's evil, BUT WAIT... there's more.

There is a legitimate pneumonia vaccine that gives 10 years of protection. The trick? You have to specifically ask your doctor for it, and in most cases, the doc has to order it. Ours did, and my parents got the "real" pneumonia vaccine. Of course, there's some risk with this vaccine, but I think that the benefits outweigh the liabilities with this particular vaccine.

You might want to look into this if you have parents of older relatives who routinely take the flu and pneumonia vaccines and pass along the info to them.

Tim724
11-05-2007, 09:18 AM
There was an article on lewrockwell a few weeks ago about all the bad stuff in flu shots. They mentioned other stuff in addition to Mercury (I forget what exactly).

Personally, I prefer to let my immune system naturally deal with these things.

There is usually blowback to this type of over-zealous medical behaviour. Like with everybody using anti-bacterial soaps all the time and popping anti-biotics, these super staph bugs have emerged that are resistant to anti-biotics.

P.S. Everybody should use regular, non-anitbacterial soap. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with it if you feel the need. Sanitizer kills the bacteria just the same as anti-bacterial soap, but doesn't promote resistant staph.

Wendi
11-05-2007, 09:22 AM
I probably should, but I don't.

jumpyg1258
11-05-2007, 09:23 AM
I used to get it every year not by choice since I was in the Air Force and they mandated it. Since I got out I have yet to get one on purpose. A recent study was done on the affects of getting the flu shot every year for 3 years and it was stated that if you do that, your chances of getting Alzheimers goes up 10 fold. Since I got the shot for 6 years in a row, umm what was I talking about?

EDIT: Guess it really is catching up to me, just saw that someone earlier had already mentioned this.

dsentell
11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
No flu shots for me! I have not had the flu since I quit taking the shots about four years ago. Besides the mercury, and the possibility that the shots actually cause flu, last year there was an article stating that influenza vaccines meet the government definition of "hazardous waste." (you could probably do a search and find the article).

No thanks !

Triton
11-05-2007, 10:04 AM
I used towork with the dirty, slimy, impolite public, and yes, I got a flu shot every year. Rude people will sneeze big snot globules into their hands and then try to shake hands with you.

RP4ME
11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
i stay awat when possible. I have never had the flu vaccine. I do not trust that it is safe at all. There are so mnay natural things taht can kill almos any bug out there.....this is just injection full of toxins

Man from La Mancha
11-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Vaccine myths.......http://www.relfe.com/vaccine.html
This is only one of dozens of sites telling about the fraud of vaccines. I would consider it criminal to have one's children vaccinated. I haven't had the flu in 25 yrs. And when I did I drank a glass of freshly juiced organic carrot juice every hour and in 12 hrs the flu was gone.

Will cure everything, just read the free ebook.........http://miraclemineral.org/index.htm

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I wish they hadn't pumped me full of shit, but I was only a boy, and did as I was told.

There needs to be a separation of family and state. They should have no right to mandate dangerous, disease-causing vaccines to children. The only reason they get away with it is because they make so much freaking money - treating all the new illnesses. The whole thing is a giant racket and it hollows my heart to think we've all been participating in it. Alternative medicine is the only medicine worth looking into. This goes for education as well. I wish I hadn't sat through those mind-numbing wasted years learning about nothing in the guise of something. But I was only a boy, and did as I was told.
:sigh:

eloquensanity
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
There has been a significant increase in autism which coincides with the hep B vaccine given to infants and young children.

olehounddog
11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
probably when I was in the Army (77-80). Never in the last 30 yrs. Just do not see the need

PatriotG
11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
There has been a significant increase in autism which coincides with the hep B vaccine given to infants and young children.

1. Suspicions about the role of common childhood viruses and vaccines in the causation of autism have existed for many years current indications suggests that these suspicions should be treated seriously.

The active components of vaccines have many of the properties of the diseases they are designed to prevent. They are designed to encourage the body’s defence systems to rapidly recognise any invasive organism and to produce antibodies of various types which will result in the eradication of the disease. These antigenic principles may consist of dead organisms; they may consist of toxoids or extracts from the organisms that will provoke an immune response or they may consist of attenuated or mild strains of the disease promoting organism. Although these organisms, which may be bacterial or viral in origin, are alive and have the ability to promote an immune reaction, they are so weak in terms of causing symptoms that these effects can, in a normal individual with a fully competent immune system, be ignored totally. There are, however, many other components in vaccines, which could, potentially, cause problems in particular, sensitive, individuals.

Amongst these, particular mention should be made of the following:

From the preparation of the vaccine – normally used to kill bacteria;
* Antibiotics (e.g. Neomycin)
* Formaldehyde
Adjuvants/Additives
* Aluminium salts;
* Preservatives such as thiomersal / thimerosal (contains mercury);
* Lactalbumin
Residues from growth media
* Eggs;
* African Green Monkey Kidney (Polio vaccine)
* Other animals

EEE GADDDD !
PatriotG

Malakai0
11-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Vaccines are a good thing, no doubt. Smallpox, polio, surely other illnesses are no longer a problem because of them.

However I no longer trust, even the slightest bit, the establishment hyping them and handing them out.

So no, I stay away from flu vaccines.

I had vaccinations when I was a kid of course, you cannot get admitted to public school without them...

PatriotG
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Vaccines are a good thing, no doubt. Smallpox, polio, surely other illnesses are no longer a problem because of them.

I had vaccinations when I was a kid of course, you cannot get admitted to public school without them...

Unfortunatley thats still the case
You cant get into school without them.

I guess we need to ask what vaccinations if any at all are really necessary now?
And is it constitutional to force people to take them.

Assuming that certain vaccines are necessary to protect the common good,
Then checks need to be in place as far as what goes into them.

If it is conclusivley found that the vaccinations cause autism, and or ADHD and Aspbergers, then they need to be removed from the market. End Of Story. No questions asked!

The list I posted above of "INGREDIENTS" is a bit frightening!

PatriotG

freelance
11-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I guess we need to ask what vaccinations if any at all are really necessary now?

I read yesterday that a child needs 39 jabs by the time they enter school, and they're giving newborns everything but the kitchen sink.

PatriotG
11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Record 103 million flu vaccines distributed in U.S. (http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2007-11-09T185710Z_01_N09361151_RTRUKOC_0_US-INFLUENZA-USA.xml)

LibertyOfOne
11-09-2007, 02:12 PM
The flu shot is only recommended for those that might not survive the flu. Like the elderly or people who have serious chronic conditions like heart disease.

Fox McCloud
11-09-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm completely opposed to the flu shot in any shape or form...likewise, I'm against most vaccines these days....While I think some are good, the VAST VAST majority of them are not...and I can't help but wonder if there's other motives about....

Also, it should be noted that the FDA covers up/makes illegal substances/drugs/etc that prevent/cure people. A perfect example of this is colloidal silver...you'll find several websites poo-pooing it because it could cause a greying of the skin. This is true, but only under a few conditions: (1) it's poorly made colloidal silver (impure silver was used, poorly distilled water, bad equipment, etc). (2) it's not colloidal silver. (3) it's pure colloidal silver, but you drink half a gallon or more a day.

The benefits? It's been shown that it can kill a vast number of microorganisms (bad bacteria, viruses, etc). People used to put a silver dollar in their milk to prevent it from spoiling....a few years ago Band-Aid had bandaids with silver in the pads (sadly these were pulled from the market)...and there's a company wanting to put silver threads in socks to combat athlete's foot and bad foot oder. The military is wanting to put silver threads in soldiers clothing so that if a soldier is shot, the wound is self-disinfecting.

And yet the FDA labels it as a toxic substance that shouldn't be used (I know a number of people who've used it for years and they don't have grey skin, nor are poisoned by it.....incidentally they've not been to the doctor since they've been taking it....).

it's just further evidence that the pharm companies (and the FDA) don't want to cure/heal people....they only want them to be sustained.

Man from La Mancha
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Silver bandages that can be reused and have been known to help regenerate cut off fingers but at least very good for wound management......http://www.silverlon.com/

Unmatched in design and durability, Silverlon®’s comfortable, flexible fabric delivers more safe, pure ionic silver to the wound site longer than other silver-impregnated products on the market. Silver that is evenly distributed and continually active. Silverlon® Dressings have been shown to be an effective treatment against stubborn MRSA Infections. Silverlon® delivers a speedy and sustained kill against MRSA Bacteria.

Versatile Silverlon® Dressings help wounds heal up to 50% faster and Silverlon® dressings will not stain wounds. Patients report significant pain reduction and reduced scarring. Health care providers come out on top with fewer dressing changes. Fewer required dressing changes means fewer nursing visits and reduced costs.

Get the most out of the dressings you choose. For severe wounds and burns, Silverlon® offers Patients and Wound Care Providers advantages that are safe, convenient and long lasting, including faster healing time and extended use.

Please download and read how a man has cured 75,000 people of malaria for a dime apiece and in only 4hr each........http://miraclemineral.org/index.htm

This Breakthrough can save your life, or the life of a loved one. Please read.

The answer to AIDS, hepatitis A,B and C, malaria, herpes, TB, most cancer and many more of mankind's worse diseases has been found. Many diseases are now easily controlled. More that 75,000 disease victims have been included in the field tests in Africa. Scientific clinical trials have been conducted in a prison in the country of Malawi, East Africa.

Separate tests conducted by the Malawi government produced identical 99% cure results. Over 60% of the AIDS victims that were treated in Uganda were well in 3 days, with 98% well within one month. More than 90% of the malaria victims were well in 4 to 8 hours. Dozens of other diseases were successfully treated and can be controlled with this new mineral supplement. It also works with colds, flu, pneumonia, sore throats, warts, mouth sores, and even abscessed teeth (it's the only thing that controls and cures abscessed teeth).

The inventor believes that this information is too important to the world that any one person or any group should have control. The free e-book download on this site gives complete details of this discovery. Please help make sure that it gets to the world free.

lucius
11-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Do you get a flu shot and if you don't why?

Are they good to get or bad for the body?

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/8711/flushortagemn1.gif

Applied eugenics, shot is of questionable value, but the preservative, themerosol, you can do without, spill the vaccine and you have a mini-superfund site because of the 0.01% organic mercury used as a preservative. :mad:

Man from La Mancha
11-09-2007, 08:17 PM
bump

Cindy
11-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Keep heavy on the anti-oxidents and you won't get sick. American diets are horrible and so devoid of anti-oxidents.

I drink a bag of this tea a day and never pick up the colds my husband or daughter get anymore. I use to before I started drinking the tea.

SALADA
Green Tea
with Purple Anti-Oxidents

Good Organic food sources for them-Darker colored fruits and vegies, Purple grapes, Pine nuts.

Organic is key if you go the fruit and veggie route as regular fruits and veggies are devoid of nutrition because of crop turn and burning. The soil can not replenish without a break. They are also filled with toxins from the pesticides and fungicides that furtherweaken the immune system.

The tea, one bag a day is the easiest way to keep free from flus and colds..

Personally, I do not trust all of the other junk they add to immunization shots. The metals they sneak in are also damaging to your DNA.

RP4ME
11-09-2007, 09:14 PM
dangerous mycoplasmas as well as other toxins, heavy mettals are found within them....I bleive they are resp... for many auto-immun eillnesses that give rise when the body is just overburdened with pathogens and othe rtoxins via vaccines and our environment! NO WAY! I dont knwo that I woudl allow my kid sto hav ethem

Discobolus
11-09-2007, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfCnjnShnM

Fox McCloud
11-09-2007, 09:32 PM
lol, that's great! Thanks for the video...humorous, but at the same time truthful....and sad....just presented in a hilarious way.

CurtisLow
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfCnjnShnM

Funny video! Crazy but true, most people have no idea whats in the shot.

PatriotOne
11-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Rumsfeld To Profit From Bird Flu Hoax

By Dr. Mercola

http://www.mercola.com/2005/oct/25/rumsfeld_to_profit_from_avian_flu_hoax.htm

Finally, the pieces of the puzzle start to add up. Not long ago, President Bush sought to instill panic in this country by telling us a minimum of 200,000 people will die from the avian flu pandemic, but it could be as bad as 2 million deaths in this country alone.

This hoax is then used to justify the immediate purchase of 80 million doses of Tamiflu, a worthless drug that in no way shape or form treats the avian flu, but only decreases the amount of days one is sick and can actually contribute to the virus having more lethal mutations.

So the U.S. placed an order for 20 million doses of this worthless drug at a price of $100 per dose. That comes to a staggering $2 billion.

We are being told that Roche manufactures Tamiflu and, in a recent New York Times article, they were battling whether or not they would allow generic drug companies to help increase their production.

But if you dig further you will find that a drug was actually developed by a company called Gilead that 10 years ago gave Roche the exclusive rights to market and sell Tamiflu.

Ahh, The Plot Thickens...

If you read the link below from Gilead, you'll discover Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was made the chairman of Gilead in 1997.

Since Rumsfeld holds major portions of stock in Gilead, he will handsomely profit from the scare tactics of the government that is being used to justify the purchase of $2 billion of Tamiflu.

For more on the nonsense of the avian flu hoax, you'll want to review today's other post on the subject.

asgardshill
11-20-2007, 01:37 AM
No flu shot for me. You see, I don't wish to catch the flu and getting the jab is the quickest way to give it to me.

CurtisLow
11-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Question: How does anyone differentiate the symptoms of AVIAN FLU (bird flu) from the symptoms of REGULAR FLU?
Answer: Lorraine Day, M.D. - "As a physician, I can tell you that it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell the difference!" more

The Great Bird Flu Hoax: The Truth They Don't Want You to Know About the "Next Big Pandemic"
The U.S. government is now practically screaming that a new avian super-flu will likely kill millions of Americans. The mainstream media is entirely onboard, as are drug companies and other corporations poised to benefit immensely off the paranoia. But there is NO coming bird flu pandemic. It's an elaborate scheme contrived by the government and big business for reasons that boil down to power and money. Presenting eye-opening evidence that casts serious doubt on the truthfulness of reports about the virus's ability to transmit, and its mortality rates around the world, renowned physician Dr. Joseph Mercola reveals the secrets about the great bird flu hoax. In compelling fashion he provides you the real facts you need to know to protect you from a far greater ill - corporate and governmental greed.

RedLightning
11-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Got mine for free.

Meatwasp
11-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I never believed in the shots but after what I have been going through I will take them next year. As my dear sweet husband used to say I am as shaky as a dog pooping peach pits.
Sorry but I am sick/

Fox McCloud
11-22-2007, 06:05 PM
I never believed in the shots but after what I have been going through I will take them next year. As my dear sweet husband used to say I am as shaky as a dog pooping peach pits.
Sorry but I am sick/

have you ever considered several herbal remedies or colloidal silver? That would work much better than any flu shot.

Man from La Mancha
11-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Sorry but I am sick/
MMS http://miraclemineral.org/index.htm..... http://www.globallight.net/Mms-Miracle-Mineral-Supplement.htmlor
When ever I got the flu I drunk a glass of fresh juiced organic carrots every hour and it always went away in 12 hrs. Good luck.

Meatwasp
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
have you ever considered several herbal remedies or colloidal silver? That would work much better than any flu shot.

I don't trust Colloidal silver at all. I was taking it until I heard about some congressman turned blue taking it. Somthing in the water gave it to him.
Man from Mancha
I have been in herbs for years but this flu nothing will touch it. My trouble I live like the Indians so far away so I am not exposed to flus very readidly.

Fox McCloud
11-22-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't trust Colloidal silver at all. I was taking it until I heard about some congressman turned blue taking it. Somthing in the water gave it to him.
Man from Mancha
I have been in herbs for years but this flu nothing will touch it. My trouble I live like the Indians so far away so I am not exposed to flus very readidly.

well, keep in mind that unless the herbs are pure and potent, they're useless (many of Wal*Marts herbs are useless...impure/impotent...some are even toxic).

colloidal silver? I've been taking it for years and nothing has happened; a friend of mine takes it in larger doses and has been taking it for much longer and nothing has happened.

the thing about colloidal silver is that if it's impure, it will turn your skin grey really fast.....with pure silver, you'll have to drink gallons and gallons in a short period of time.

Also, making it yourself is probably best....just make sure you have .9999 pure jeweler's wire and .999 pure silver bars/coins....make sure that the water is steam distilled (even then, some brands are bad), and make sure it's made in class with a wooden spoon. Even after this, the colloidal silver must be filtered.

even then, if one variable gets messed up (say something bad that was sprayed on the spoon...impure silver, bad water) will screw up the silver, which results in black specks floating around in the colloidal silver, or it will have a strange coloration.

it's best to make your own, so you know the purity.....not to mention it's vastly cheaper to make yourself than to purchase it at the store (I also might add that the store-brand kind is usually quite weak).

Man from La Mancha
11-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Man from Mancha
I have been in herbs for years but this flu nothing will touch it. My trouble I live like the Indians so far away so I am not exposed to flus very readidly.Those are old colloidal silvers and one would have to drink massive quantities for that to happen. Millions are taking it today and have you seen recently anybody turning blue. Some think the word Bluebloods for the rich came about because they all used silver cups and plates and got to much large grain silver particles in themselves and hence turned blue. This could just be a story though.

Here is the latest in colloidal silver. The development is so unique that it has a patent on it. Nobody has a patent since 1928 for silver because nothing changed anything till now. This product uses a very,very low dose of silver but it is so powerful it attacks the germs at just the right place....https://lifesilver.com/index.htm
I tried it once when my throat was starting to get sore and hours later it was gone.

kimosabi
11-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Forget Flu Shots

Eat lot's of Garlic during Flu Season and if you do get the Flu make and take Dr Schulze's Plague Tonic.

How to make Dr Schulze's Plague Tonic:

What you need:

1 x Blender

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar

add equal parts of the following(Try to get Organic ingredients if possible):

- Super Hot Cayenne Peppers
- Ginger Root
- Garlic
- White (Hot) Onions
- Horseradish Root

Put a handful of each ingredient in the Blender and add Apple Cider Vinegar until the Blender is 3/4 Full. Best Results are achieved if the Tonic is left in a jar for 2 weeks and shaken daily and then filtered through coffee filters or you can eat the stuff straight, it actually tastes pretty good.

Dr Schulze - How to make plague tonic (herbal extract) Video ==> http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBzuk7ksVY

DR. SCHULZE'S Aggressive Cold and Flu Treatment Program

http://members.tripod.com/healingtools/thns11.html

CurtisLow
11-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Sorry, a little long but worth the read. :rolleyes:

Castor Oil

>From David William's Alternatives Newsletter.

CASTOR OIL - Natural Protection from Deadly Viruses

Dr. David G. Williams -- ALTERNATIVES -- v6 n1, July 1995
__________________________________________________ ________

Moving on to more "exotic" techniques to increase immune system
efficiency, we come to castor oil. I can remember my dad telling me
time after time about his mother's devotion to castor oil when he was
growing up. At the first sign of any illness in one child, she would
immediately give all the children a quick oral dose of castor oil.
There's no doubt it provided a quick solution for constipation, and
from what I can tell, it must have a positive effect on memory too. My
dad can vividly remember the taste and effects of castor oil to this
very day.

In many ways, castor oil is a very unique substance. While most of us
are familiar with its use as a remedy for constipation, folk healers
in this country and around the world have used castor oil to treat a
wide variety of conditions. Its effectiveness is probably due in part
to its peculiar chemical composition.

Castor oil is a triglyceride of fatty acids. Almost 90 percent of its
fatty acid content consists of ricinoleic acid. To my knowledge,
ricinoleic acid is not found in any other substance except castor oil.
Such a high concentration of this unusual, unsaturated fatty acid is
thought to be responsible for castor oil's remarkable healing abilities.

Ricinoleic acid has been shown to be effective in preventing the
growth of numerous species of viruses, bacteria, yeasts and molds. (J
Am Oil Chem Soc 61;37.323-325.) This would explain the high degree of
success in the topical use of the oil for treating such ailments as
ringworm, keratoses (non-cancerous, wart-like skin growths), skin
inflammation, abrasions, fungal-infected finger- and toenails, acne
and chronic pruritus (itching). Generally, for these conditions the
area involved is simply wrapped in cloth soaked with castor oil each
night, or if the area is small enough, a castor oil soaked Band-Aid
can be used. (For persistent infections and those finger- and toenails
that have discolored and hardened, a good 10 to 20 minute soak in
Epsom salts, prior to applying the castor oil, usually speeds up the
healing process.)

Castor oil's antimicrobial activity, while very impressive, comprises
only a small part of the story concerning this mysterious oil. While
castor oil has been thoroughly investigated for its industrial uses,
only a minimal amount of research effort has been directed toward its
medicinal benefits.

In Russia the oil is known as "Kastorka." The stem of the plant is
used in the textile industry. The extracted oil has a very consistent
viscosity and won't freeze even in Russia's severe climate. This makes
it an ideal lubricating oil in industrial equipment. Medicinally, the
oil is added to products to restore hair (one part oil to 10 parts of
grain alcohol), treat constipation, skin ulcers, some infectious
gynecological conditions and eye irritations.

The castor bean plant is actually native to India, where it is called
"Erand." There we found it being used extensively for all types of
gastrointestinal problems like constipation, dysentery and
inflammatory bowel disease. It was also used to treat bladder and
vaginal infections and asthma. We were told the seed kernels or hulls
(without the actual seed) could be boiled in milk and water and taken
internally to relieve arthritis and lower back pain accompanied by
sciatica.

We also found early reports of nursing mothers in the Canary Islands
using poultices made from the leaves of the castor bean. They applied
the poultice to their breasts to increase milk secretion and relieve
inflammation and milk stagnation in the mammary glands. Applying the
poultice to the abdominal area promoted normal menstruation.

While I find all of these uses of castor oil very interesting, the
most exciting use deals with ways to increase topical absorption
through the use of castor oil packs or poultices.

Much of the current use of castor oil packs, in the U.S. anyway, can
be attributed to the late healing psychic, Edgar Cayce. Time after
time he recommended their use. Based on his reports, I began to use
them in my practice over 12 years ago. But even though I, and numerous
other doctors, have continued to experience remarkable results, the
technique is still practically unknown and shunned by most health care
professionals today. This is probably due to two reasons. First, it's
just too simple. It's hard for most people to imagine that something
as simple as castor oil packs could have a profound effect on any
health problem. Secondly, in our present health care system, positive
results alone do not constitute the critical factor in determining
whether a treatment will be accepted by the medical establishment.
[Everybody (except probably the poor patient) now seems to be more
concerned about how something is supposed to work, than whether it
actually works at all.] Recent research data presented by longtime
follower of Edgar Cayce, Dr. William McGarey of Phoenix, Arizona,
might help shed some light on how castor oil works.

If you're not particularly interested in how castor oil enhances the
immune system, feel free to skip the next couple of paragraphs. Anyone
suffering from AIDS or other serious viral or bacterial diseases may
find this information helpful, however. Numerous AIDS patients have
been able to increase their T-cell counts and clear up many of their
problems by using the techniques I'll be describing. Others have found
it useful in eliminating chronic problems with epilepsy,
hyperactivity, liver and gallbladder diseases and chronic fluid
retention. (Fortunately, to benefit from this and other natural
therapies you really don't have to understand how they work.)

McGarey has reported that, when used properly, castor oil packs
improve the function of the thymus gland and other areas of the immune
system. More specifically, he found in two separate studies that
patients using abdominal castor oil packs had significant increases in
the production of lymphocytes compared to increases among those using
placebo packs.

Lymphocytes are the disease-fighting cells of your immune system. They
are produced and housed mainly in your lymphatic tissue. This includes
the thymus gland, the spleen, the lymph nodes and the lymphatic tissue
that lines the small intestine (called Peyer's patches, or more
commonly, aggregated lymphatic follicles). Strangely, other than
knowing it produces the body's white blood cells, most doctors are not
very knowledgeable about the lymphatic system.

The lymphatic system is an amazingly complex structure. It works hand
in hand with both the blood circulatory system and the digestive system.

In the circulatory system newly oxygenated blood from the lungs moves
from the heart along smaller and smaller arteries until it reaches the
smallest vessels called capillaries. It is in these microscopic
tubules that the blood exchanges oxygen and nutrients for cellular
waste products with surrounding body cells. The capillaries then
gradually become larger and form veins through which the unoxygenated,
waste-carrying blood returns back to the lungs and then to the heart
to be recirculated time and time again.

Much of the fluid accompanying the blood and large protein molecules
leak from these capillaries. Additional fluids and waste products are
expelled from every cell in the body. These fluids accumulate in the
small spaces between the cells. If all of this material weren't
somehow removed we would begin to swell like a toad and die within a
matter of 24 hours. Fortunately, we have a completely separate
circulation system, called the lymphatic system, that is able to
absorb and remove these fluids, proteins and waste materials. With the
exception of the brain, where these proteins and fluids flow directly
into the fluid that surrounds them, the extensive lymphatic network
has hundreds of miles of tubules that cover the entire body. Through
these tubules all of this material is returned to the blood so it can
be utilized or eliminated from the body. (There is no pathway, other
than the lymphatic system, that excess protein molecules can use to
return to the circulatory system.)

Also, along these lymphatic tubules you'll find bulb-shaped masses
called lymph nodes, which act as filters and produce antibodies when
foreign proteins are encountered. I'm sure you've experienced the
tenderness and swelling of an inflamed lymph node at one time or
another. It is usually a result of antibodies fighting an infection
either in the node itself or somewhere in the draining area of that
particular lymph chain.

In addition to returning leaking fluid from the circulation system and
creating antibodies for the immune system, the lymphatic system also
performs another very important function. Clumps of lymphatic tissue,
called Peyer's patches, are spread throughout the small intestine.
Unlike other nutrients, fat molecules are generally too large to be
absorbed directly from the intestine. Instead, they are absorbed by
these patches and transported along the lymphatic system and then
released into the blood stream where they can be carried throughout
the body. Between 80 to 90 percent of all the fat absorbed from the
gut requires the help of the lymphatic system.

When it comes to treating the majority of health problems, the status
of your lymphatic system is rarely given any consideration whatsoever.
Medical students are taught that a failure of the lymphatic system is
obvious to detect because it is accompanied by "pitting" edema (the
accumulation of fluid in the tissues, i.e. swelling, usually in the
feet, ankles or hands). The test for "pitting" edema is rather simple.
A finger is pressed into the skin at the area of the swelling and then
quickly removed. The skin stays depressed, forming a small "pit",
which remains until the fluid outside the cells has time to return to
the area (this can take anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds). Unfortunately,
research studies have shown that "pitting" edema and other signs of
fluid retention can't be observed until fluid levels outside the cells
reach 30 percent above normal. In other words, you can have a serious
lymphatic drainage problem long before it can be detected.

Several problems occur when the lymph drainage slows and fluids begin
to accumulate around the cells. First, the individual cells are forced
further and further away from the capillaries. The amount of oxygen
and nourishment they receive is decreased. Under exertion or stress
some cells may die. Additionally, cells are forced to survive in their
own waste and toxic by-products. This situation can eventually lead to
the degeneration and destruction of organs. For example, poor
lymphatic drainage of the heart can lead to tissue damage and even
heart failure. Similar problems occur in the liver, the kidneys and
other organs.

A good analogy would be if you confined yourself to one room of your
house. Someone could bring you food and water, but not remove any of
your waste products. Eventually you would have difficulty remaining
healthy in such an environment. As your waste accumulated, not only
would you become sick, those around you would begin to experience the
same fate. Just like it is for each cell, in addition to nourishment
and oxygen, the removal of waste products is essential for continued
health of the entire body.

Fluid accumulation outside the cells also stretches the tissue in the
area. The more it stretches and the longer it remains that way, the
harder it becomes to correct the problem.

Regardless of the health problem, most doctors generally assume the
lymphatic system is working adequately. This assumption is made at the
peril of the patient. Research has shown that as we age certain organs
begin to degenerate. The thymus gland is a key component of the immune
system. It is initially responsible for the proper development of the
lymphatic system and is practically absent in older individuals.
Peyer's patches, those clumps of lymphatic tissue found in the small
intestine, begin to get smaller with age and are often destroyed by
certain diseases like typhoid fever. (Cayce felt that the overall
health and well-being of an individual was directly related to the
health of these Peyer's patches. He stated on several occasions, that
a certain compound formed in these patches was necessary for
maintaining the integrity of the nervous system. He may very well be
correct. To this day, we still don't totally understand the functions
and importance of either the thymus gland or Peyer's patches.)

Efforts should be taken to improve the function of the lymphatic
system in every health problem. This applies to AIDS, as well as heart
disease, hemorrhoids and everything inbetween. No drug exists that has
the ability to improve lymphatic flow; however, the job can easily be
handled through the topical application of castor oil.

When castor oil is absorbed through the skin, several extraordinary
events take place. The lymphocyte count of the blood increases. This
is a result of a positive influence on the thymus gland and/or
lymphatic tissue.

The flow of lymph increases throughout the body. This speeds up the
removal of toxins surrounding the cells and reduces the size of
swollen lymph nodes. The end result is a general overall improvement
in organ function with a lessening of fatigue and depression.

As toxicity is reduced, the pH of the saliva becomes less acidic,
indicating improved health. The Peyer's patches in the small intestine
become more efficient in their absorption of fatty acids, which are
essential for the formation of hormones and other components necessary
for growth and repair.

Common Methods of Using Castor Oil

The most common way to use castor oil (and most objectionable, I might
add) has been to take it orally. Generally, oral doses are used to
correct constipation. The recommended dose is usually 1 tablespoon for
adults and 1 teaspoon for children. You can usually expect a "purging"
of the system in about four to six hours.

Rubbed or Massaged Directly Into the Skin

For several conditions I'll mention later, the oil can simply be
rubbed into the skin. It can also be used as a massage oil which seems
to be especially effective when applied along the spinal column. If
the oil is massaged into the body, the direction of the massage should
always follow the same path as the underlying Iymphatic drainage
system. The diagram below shows the proper direction to massage the
oil and further facilitate lymphatic drainage. [Vater and Asdonk,
Gesaltschaft for Manuelle Lymph Drainage (Essen, Germany).]

Conditions Responding to Topical Application

Oftentimes there is no need for castor oil packs; amazing results can
be obtained by simply applying it directly to the skin. The following
is a short list of some of the more common ailments it can remedy:

skin keratosis
ringworm
fungal and bacterial infections
wounds
abdominal stretch marks (prevention)
bursitis
sebaceous cysts
warts
senile lentigo ("liver" or "aging" spots)
muscle strains
ligament sprains
itching

Castor Oil Packs

One of the most useful and least utilized methods of using castor oil
is to employ packs. Packs are an economical and efficient method of
absorbing the ricinoleic acid and other healing components of castor
oil directly into body tissues. (The following basic procedure was
outlined in several of the readings of Edgar Cayce.)

To make a castor oil pack you will need the following items: cold
pressed castor oil, a standard heating pad, a plastic garbage bag, two
or three one-foot square pieces of wool or cotton flannel and one
large bath towel.

1. Start by placing the heating pad on a flat surface and turn the
setting to high.

2. On top of the pad lay the plastic garbage bag. Next, soak the
flannel pieces with castor oil generally about 1/2 cup) and lay them
on top of the garbage bag and heating pad.

3. The entire pack can now be placed against the body with the
oil-soaked flannel on the skin. For general conditions the pack should
be placed on the abdomen. (For treating lower back problems, the pack
can be placed there.) To help hold the pack in place and to keep oil
from getting on bedding, etc., the body can be wrapped in a large bath
towel.

4. The pack should remain in place for at least one hour and the
temperature of the heating pad should be kept at the highest
temperature tolerable to the patient.

5. When you remove the pack, the remaining oil can be massaged into
the skin or cleaned off using a little soda water made from 1 quart of
warm water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.

6. The flannel can be reused if stored properly after removing the
pack. Put the flannel in either a plastic bag or zip-loc container and
place it in the refrigerator. Before using it next time let it warm up
and always add another 1 or 2 tablespoons of fresh cold pressed castor
oil. (After a month of use I would recommend using new flannel.)

Conditions Responding to Castor Oil Packs

Due to the many effects of its fatty acid component, ricinoleic acid,
the use of castor oil can be used topically to treat a wide variety of
health complaints.

Lymphatic Congestion

Obviously, conditions known to be related to poor drainage of the
lymphatic system will tend to benefit from this type of therapy. These
would include complaints such as:

1. chronic fluid retention with swollen joints and pain
2. arthritis
3. upper respiratory infections involving the sinuses,
tonsils and inner ear
4. colon problems like Crohn's disease or colitis
5. gallbladder disease
6. boils
7. liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, enlargement or congestion
8. menstrual-related congestion
9. appendicitis
10. hyperactivity
11. constipation, bowel impaction or adhesions
12. swollen lymph nodes
13. bladder and vaginal infections

Neurological Problems

Several neurological problems have also been responsive to castor oil.
These include:

1. nerve inflammations such as sciatica, shingles, etc.
2. Parkinson's disease
3. multiple sclerosis
4. migraine headaches
5. cerebral palsy

AIDS

Conditions that stress or compromise the immune system will very often
benefit from castor oil packs. Nowhere is this more obvious than with
AIDS. I have talked with several AIDS patients who have added castor
oil packs (usually for one hour a day) to their treatment regimen with
very positive results. Within two weeks, it was not uncommon for them
to see increases in their WBC counts (white blood cell counts),
platelet counts, hematocrit readings and RBC counts (red blood cells).

I should mention also that in addition to the castor oil packs most of
those I talked to are also drinking a combination of olive oil and
lemon juice to further stimulate lymphatic flow and liver activity. It
can be made by blending the following:

1 clean whole lemon, (pulp, rind, seeds and all)
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups of distilled water
4 rounded tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate

The blended material is then strained through a wire strainer to
remove the pulp, which is discarded. The remaining liquid is divided
in four equal portions of approximately 1/4 cup each and a portion is
consumed with each of the three daily meals and before bedtime.

In addition to stimulating lymphatic flow, the drink increases the
flow of bile from the liver and gallbladder, which, in turn, enhances
one's ability to digest essential fatty acids through the Peyer's
patches in the small intestine. It is not uncommon for AIDS patients
to experience weight gain and a reversal of a long list of complaints
often associated with fatty acid deficiencies.

Buying Castor Oil

Any oil that enters your body either orally or through the skin needs
to be of the highest quality. Castor oil is no different. Check your
local health food store for cold-pressed castor oil. If you can't find
it there or they can't order it for you, then it can be ordered
through the mail from Heritage Store, P.O. Box 444, Virginia Beach,
Virginia 23458. They can also be reached by calling 1(800)862-2923.

Conclusion

In his readings, Cayce attributed several actions to castor oil. Most
were in one way or another related to the body's lymphatic system.
However, he also alluded to the idea that castor oil has a vibrational
quality that helps harmonize and promote healing within body cells.
Based on statements like these, many people labeled his psychic
readings as quackery. As we gain new knowledge about the workings of
the human body, however, these explanations don't seem so far fetched.

Dr. Johanna Budwig has related much of the healing properties of flax
oil to its unique chemical bonds that vibrate at the same frequency as
the wavelengths of sunlight. She feels the essential fatty acids in
flax oil have the ability to absorb and store the energy from
sunlight. It's possible that the special bonding in castor oil's
unique ricinoleic acid works in a somewhat related method.

Regardless of exactly how it works, I think you'll be more than
satisfied when you experience the amazing feats that can be
accomplished with the simple oil of the castor bean. Centuries ago the
castor bean plant was referred to as the "Palma Christe." It was
called this because the shape of the plant's leaves were thought to
resemble the palm of Christ. Knowing the healing power of this plant,
the name may be one of the most accurate descriptions ever.

Man from La Mancha
11-23-2007, 03:29 AM
Forget Flu Shots

Eat lot's of Garlic during Flu Season and if you do get the Flu make and take Dr Schulze's Plague Tonic.

How to make Dr Schulze's Plague Tonic:

Dr Schulze - How to make plague tonic (herbal extract) Video ==> http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=pFBzuk7ksVY

DR. SCHULZE'S Aggressive Cold and Flu Treatment Program

http://members.tripod.com/healingtools/thns11.htmlI tried that, it is pretty harsh stuff to take. Not only will it put your mouth on fire, it would make my whole body shutter for a second like you see in the movies when some novice takes a shot of booze. It worked but when I tried diluting it with water to make it more drinkable it did not work.

Meatwasp
11-23-2007, 08:44 AM
I went to bed and low and behold there was all kinds of remedies. I am drinking Malva tea this morning . It is an old Italian rememdy for lungs. It grows wild in Southern Calif but here in the north introduced it. I forgot about the caster Oil treatment will try that again too. Garlic my old standby.Thanks all for all the information. Some friend that came from South America told us to drink wheat germ oil. It tasted terrible but it did keep the flu away. It is hard to find and foolishly we quit taking it. I am convinced now to go back to all these remedies.