PDA

View Full Version : Who won the debate? Vote for Dr. Paul

zadoc
09-07-2011, 06:44 PM
When the debate is over, be sure to vote for the REAL winner!

POLL: Who won the 9/7/11 GOP Presidential Debate?
Vote: http://www.wepolls.com/p/2126428

zadoc
09-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Why is Rick Perry winning?

LiveFree79
09-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Ron Paul is ridiculous. My god the guy has the potential but he is just terrible and explaining his ideas and putting forth coherent arguments. He really does need to do better. I love the guy and I understand what he means. But saying what you mean is a whole nother thing.

I'll give you a perfect example. Paul just spoke to the question on illegal immigration. He could have NAILED IT!!! But he failed miserably. He goes off on tangents and rambles on about fences keeping you in so you can't leave with your capital? LMAO! Ok so he might be right........wtf would you bring up such a conspiratorial infowars type argument How stupid. Instead he mentioned the drug war and should have stuck with that argument> WE NEED DECRMINALIZATION OF DRUGS!!!!!!!!! For the drug war and violence south of the border to end. He should have talked about growing marijauana and taxing it. He tries to make really good points but then fails miserably at explaining them. He should have explained how the violence in Mexico is fueled by the demand for drugs in America and how the legalization or decriminalization would go a long way in ending that violence.

His comment about shutting off the AC for the troops in the green zone which would bring them home real quick was so stupid. The American people do not want to hear stuff like that. It definitely makes him seem far out there. He should have said succinctly if we want to help people with natural disasters in this country we can end the wars and bring the troops home, quit giving money to pakistan and isreal etc. Instead he talks about forcing the troops home because of no AC. Funny? Maybe but he doesn't pull off being funny very well. It makes him look cooky and silly.

He's done. RP will not win this nomination. If he spoke like Herman Cain who is so straight and to the point with his argument's he'd win hands down. I had high hopes for Paul and will still support him but he's almost embarrassing in these debates. You neverk now what he's going to say. I think we all need to start being honest about him and maybe he needs to focus on his messag and his points a little more.

LiveFree79
09-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Why is Rick Perry winning?

I don't know but everyone sounds better than Paul at this point. Like when he talked about the $2.00 gas question. He sounds so silly.......instead of saying you can buy gas for a 10 cent silver piece which is worth $3.50......... HE SHOULD explain better what he means. I.e. the Federal Reserve has inflated our money supply so much that our dollar is worth dirt and this could have led into his huge argument for Ending or severely auditing the Fed. Sorry and it pains me to say this but Paul is embarrassing at this point. His building of a fence argument to keep people in really put the nail in the coffin in this debate. It was a stupid unnecessary point and rant.

Smus
09-07-2011, 08:09 PM
If there is one good thing about these odd questions it is this...they will cause people to scratch their heads and say "wtf was that crazy Ron Paul talking about with that border fence and a silver dime business". It may draw attention that could turn positive...people understand metal prices are high, maybe they'll do a micron's worth of research and find out he's telling the truth.

truthsaga
09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Was not a good debate.

-C-
09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Cry me a river. You guys act surprised when MSM beats down your candidate. Do you think this is going to be pleasant and an easy campaign road? You're out of your mind if you think tonight is going to "end" ron's campaign.

Why don't you all get over yourselves and wake up tomorrow and do the same things you do every day for this man. Be ready for the Constitution day MB. Perry has a 55million super pac behind him. Ron needs a funded superpac behind him to push through the MSM blackouts. That should be our objective.

Don't be sunshine patriots. Ron's movement isn't about that.

SOS4USA
09-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Someone said that it was silly for Ron Paul to think that the military with machine guns/razor wire border fence and the Real ID or national ID card will be used against US citizens, and Ron Paul also said that it isn't the way we should portray the US,and to me it's like like Nazi or East Germany for example. I agree with him as well as other political constitutionalist analysts. Freedominourtime.blogspot.com the excellent analyst William N Grigg for example...

Tinnuhana
09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
The border fence was an anology to get in a quick answer to a question he was not asked. Confusing to some, maybe, but listen to the answer again. Before one answer, he also brought up that he had not been asked an obvious question where, as a medical doctor, his response would have been valuable. Low Preference Guy posted RP's answers and they weren't as clumsily handled as I thought they would be, given all the remarks I'd been reading. The next "debate" will be better.

SL89
09-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Look, the whole thing was rigged. They called time on him after 20 seconds and did the same to Newt and one other. In the mean time let Rick and Mitt go on and on. I agree that Dr. Paul didn't do well but, it is a fact they would not let him talk about what he knows.... Look at the Medical debate.....they wouldn't even bring the dear Dr. into it? He was set up. We all know Dr. Paul takes a few minutes to warm up and he won't speak with classic talking points like the rest do.

I understand why the man got flustered. He could have talked on every point if given the chance. While brilliant, he needs a better team around him. He is so full of ideology, that it hurts him. He is NOT a politician, he just wants to give America back to the people. The powers that be, hate him and will not let him get traction. I guess that's why we are here. :)

nejar462
09-09-2011, 06:04 AM
While it may have been rigged, and MSM may not have been fair, Ron Paul did awful, IMHO, at least for the first 1 hr. He rambles, goes off topic frequently, and blurts out ideas the require long explanations in about 10 seconds. He doesn't speak with a proper cadence, and doesn't ever pause. The argumentative style where he impersonates the side which opposes him in a higher pitched voice is immature and doesn't get his points across. He did better as the debate rolled on though. Substantively, he's of course, the best there, but he could work on his speaking skills.

Herman Cain doesn't get the right amount of time and is the media is pretty biased against him as well. Not to the degree of Ron Paul but its not like he gets Perry or Romney attention. However, he doesn't go crazily off topic, and speaks in a clear, reverberating fashion. Honestly, considering Ron's a 12 term congressman, I'd expect him to have at least the speaking skills of a college student.