PDA

View Full Version : What RP NEEDS to get across in the debate tonight

gls
09-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Ron Paul's major problem is that he is considered "too extreme" by many voters. He needs to somehow remind people of the obvious: that voting for "moderates" has gotten the U.S. tens of trillions in debt, embroiled in endless wars, and left our bill of rights in shreds. That as President, under the Constitution, he would have limited authority -- his plans would be subject to Congressional approval. He would just be a check - a relatively small one - on an out-of-control federal government.

Maybe he assumes people know the above. They don't. When Dr. Paul answers a question with the ideal libertarian/Constitutional solution, people become scared with the prospect of so much change so quick and tune him out. No one even considers that his plans are contingent on the legislature.

RileyE104
09-07-2011, 07:16 PM
What he needs is to get EQUAL COVERAGE... everything else is fine, his answers are even good for the uneducated / non-interested people to understand.

gls
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
What he needs is to get EQUAL COVERAGE... everything else is fine, his answers are even good for the uneducated / non-interested people to understand.

OK. But as long as people remain under the impression that the Federal Reserve and Department of Energy (etc., etc.) will be abolished his first day in office, he's not going to win the election.

cubical
09-07-2011, 07:22 PM
He needs to remind people of how sad America has become when his true conservative values are now considered extreme.

RileyE104
09-07-2011, 07:30 PM
OK. But as long as people remain under the impression that the Federal Reserve and Department of Energy (etc., etc.) will be abolished his first day in office, he's not going to win the election.

He stated he wouldn't remove programs like FEMA (and I think another, but I forgot what it was) overnight.

Anyways, once again the panel neglected to ask Ron Paul the TEA PARTY question. They did this in one of the FOX debates, I think during the NH one.
Typical. :mad:

LiveFree79
09-07-2011, 07:38 PM

No they aren't! They are terrible! His AC comments about the green zone, his border fence comments keeping Americans and their capital in are completely unnecessary, silly, and work against him. He is incoherent in most of his answers, he sounds like a rambling old man who can't put forth any clear ideas or purpose. He needs to stick to his principles like Ending the Fed, stopping the wars, legalizing drugs, getting rid of big bloated government. He talked about FEMA but again he failed miserably. FEMA is $20 billion dollars in debt? Ok so he wants to cut off AC to the troops and plug $10 billion back into FEMA? He almost had a great argument when he talked about what did we do before 1979 when we had no FEMA. But he didn't FOLLOW UP WITH THAT THOUGHT! He loses people with his rants and raves.

Herman Cain answered questions very well even though I don't the guy. He talked about giving MORE STATE POWER to fight illegal immigration and whe he said we need people close to the problem trying to solve the problem is BRILLIANT AND people love to hear stuff like that.

LiveFree79
09-07-2011, 07:41 PM
He stated he wouldn't remove programs like FEMA (and I think another, but I forgot what it was) overnight.

Anyways, once again the panel neglected to ask Ron Paul the TEA PARTY question. They did this in one of the FOX debates, I think during the NH one.
Typical. :mad:

Yeah instead he said he wanted to remove the $20 billion dollars we spend on greenzone AC for the troops to force them home and then turn around and plug that money back into FEMA $10 billion to FEMA and then $10 billion towards the debt. You think that was a good answer? Yeah right.....answers like that will turn the American people against you. He has GOT to play politics a little. He should have simply said we need to stop these worthless wars and use that money to put Americans to work, pay off the debt, help with natural disasters etc.

Paul also talks about the minimum wage. Abolishing the minimum wage even if he is justified in that belief is KRYPTONITE! Why does he say stupid stuff like that? Instead he needs to focus on the big picture of letting the free market set the price of labor etc. His message is great but the way he delivers it and the tone is terrible. He will never win the nomination at this point.