PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul will skip Obama’s speech on job creation

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 02:22 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron-paul-skip-obama-speech-job-creation-195256514.html

low preference guy
09-07-2011, 02:26 PM
i won't watch it either. sick of that shit. i wouldn't want RP to go through that either.

michaelkellenger
09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Not that it really matters, but I would attend simply for the reason that you couldn't get attacked for any type of civility problem and the fact some will say he won't listen to the president.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Great. It should be interesting to see if Rand and Bachmann will do the same. No one should sit there and listen to more Bolshevik tripe from a failed President.

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Not that it really matters, but I would attend simply for the reason that you couldn't get attacked for any type of civility problem and the fact some will say he won't listen to the president.

On the other hand, is it worth not campaigning? I sure don't intend to listen. It's what, the eighth or so speech on this? I'm sure the substance will be easily condensable into a paragraph I can read the next day.

ItsTime
09-07-2011, 02:34 PM
We are just 3 great speeches away from recovery!

michaelkellenger
09-07-2011, 02:35 PM
On the other hand, is it worth not campaigning? I sure don't intend to listen. It's what, the eighth or so speech on this? I'm sure the substance will be easily condensable into a paragraph I can read the next day.

Very true. These speeches are senseless. It will be the same garbage. My concern is the left media (Huff. Post, DailyKos, etc.) will harp on him, along with their awesome bloggers.

Campaigning is worth it, but we'll see with the attacks (especially if Ron can get the nomination). What does he have planned for Thursday evening?

Nate
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I would do the same thing. Listening to a speech by Obama on job creation is just ridiculous. That's like attending a speech on the evils of substance abuse given by Charlie Sheen.

low preference guy
09-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Ron Paul should just say: I don't need to hear another speech that can be summarized in three words: "Print more money"

FriedChicken
09-07-2011, 02:41 PM
yeah, i would do the same thing. Listening to a speech by obama on job creation is just ridiculous. That's like attending a speech on the evils of substance abuse given by charlie sheen.

lol.

bluesc
09-07-2011, 02:47 PM
If Ron is attacked for missing it, I have a feeling DeMint would defend him as he isn't attending either, which can only be good. Being attacked by Democrats, defended by an extremely popular conservative Senator who I'm hoping for an endorsement from.

No republicans running would attack Ron for missing it - that would imply that Obama has anything of substance to say.

tekkierich
09-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I think he normally skips POTUS speeches to joint sessions. I have never seen him pictured at one.

PastaRocket848
09-07-2011, 02:58 PM
i certainly wouldn't give such stupidity the time of day. obama pushing MORE stimulus, no thanks, i'll pass. when will he get it through his head? how low do his number have to go before he understands that the people don't want more of what he's selling?

Matthew5
09-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Good for him! RP is just representing the people's sentiments!

PastaRocket848
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM
this is seriously getting to the point of comedy. obama is becoming that little car repair shop downtown where, when you take your car there for repairs, does the job incorrectly and causes more damage. then, when you return for a refund, they offer the old "well, looks like THIS was the problem after all... just give us another $300 and we'll make it all better".

does anyone actually fall for this stuff? i mean what argument is there for more of what has already failed miserably?

silentshout
09-07-2011, 03:20 PM
What does Obama do besides give speeches?

Matthew5
09-07-2011, 03:42 PM
What does Obama do besides give speeches?

Plays golf at the worst possible times...

jmdrake
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
I think he normally skips POTUS speeches to joint sessions. I have never seen him pictured at one.

You're probably right. The only reason this is "news" is because it already was in the news due to the earlier debate conflict.

jmdrake
09-07-2011, 03:47 PM
If Ron is attacked for missing it, I have a feeling DeMint would defend him as he isn't attending either, which can only be good. Being attacked by Democrats, defended by an extremely popular conservative Senator who I'm hoping for an endorsement from.

No republicans running would attack Ron for missing it - that would imply that Obama has anything of substance to say.

This! Part of me hopes that BSNBC will be stupid enough to attack Ron over not rushing back to D.C. just to here Obama say we need to spend even more money to create jobs right on the heals of a debt crisis created in part because we wasted hundreds of billions (trillions?) on stupid stimulus packages. Throw us in that briar patch!

KingRobbStark
09-07-2011, 03:50 PM
If I was Paul I would have attended the speech...with a bucket of tomato's.

gb13
09-07-2011, 03:52 PM
As if there's anything B.O. thinks he knows about economics that Ron Paul should lower himself to listen to.

EDIT: Also, why is no one calling Obama "B.O."?