PDA

View Full Version : The Washington Times: Paul: Perry’s not really conservative

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/7/paul-perrys-not-really-conservative/

low preference guy
09-07-2011, 02:01 PM
on drudge already

FreeTraveler
09-07-2011, 02:03 PM
There's gonna be a fistfight on that stage tonight. :D

Bruno
09-07-2011, 02:04 PM
This Texas Duel is getting a lot of press. Kudos to the campaign!

georgiaboy
09-07-2011, 02:08 PM
^Ditto. Great job, Campaign! This is fun, and will open many eyes.

gb13
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I love it! The campaign is on a huge roll. Having an effective campaign is so crucial. With our bank-roll, a smart campaign can force media attention. That will be the tipping point, and I'm glad the campaign understands this. As I said on an earlier thread today, if we do not get some fair media coverage, we will not win the nomination. The media sure as hell isn't going to give us fair coverage on their own volition, so the campaign has to force the coverage out of them. Ron has the principle to stand on -something no other candidate has- so forcing media coverage will in turn force Ron's virtues into the light of day.

With the campaign's help, we're coming out of the "they ignore you" and "they laugh at you" phases, and running strong into the "they attack you" phase. The only phase left after that is "you win".

We can do it. We just need to keep on both the offensive (to force more coverage), AND on the defensive (to disarm corresponding attacks). The attacks will be vicious, but knowing that we're right, the attacks will always be wrong, and thus, we can defeat them. If the campaign is as smart as they seem to be, they will be able to maneuver this correctly.

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
a factcheck site just used Perry's citing of the letter to say Ron's ad is 'false' essentially, clearly neither reading the letter nor reading Ron's campaign's response.

Aratus
09-07-2011, 03:46 PM
the more mainstream ron paul is seen to be,
the more "clinton centrist" rick perry looks!!!

mconder
09-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Say what you will about the campaign, but this was a stroke of genius to go completely offensive like this. Probably not RP's first personal choice, but I commend his people for urging him to go this way.

bluesc
09-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Say what you will about the campaign, but this was a stroke of genius to go completely offensive like this. Probably not RP's first personal choice, but I commend his people for urging him to go this way.

Yep.

I hope he has allowed some prep on the Perry questions. With the events unfolding so well earlier, he needs to hit hard. He also needs to clear up that his letter was not contradicting his ad at all, otherwise that will haunt him.

It's shaping to be a very eventful debate. I'll put my money on Ron coming out on top.

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Perry's an idiot, but he's a very well practiced and well coached idiot. Whereas Ron resists practice and coaching.... I just hope he's loaded for bear.

bluesc
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Perry's an idiot, but he's a very well practiced and well coached idiot. Whereas Ron resists practice and coaching.... I just hope he's loaded for bear.

With everything coming out earlier, I'd imagine they have something ready.

Ron talking about Perry in the past has been kinda weak. With everything going so well, the icing on the cake would be Ron accepting some prep. We don't want him to change his views, we just want them to be more hard hitting in this format.

eleganz
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Damn, is this article actually in Washington Times physical newspaper? If so, this is really great press for non-internet users.