PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry Scarborough: No Way Perry Can Beat Obama (Video)

Agorism
09-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Scarborough: No Way Perry Can Beat Obama (Video)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/09/rino-scarborough-no-way-perry-can-beat-obama-video/

AuH20
09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Scarborough is seriously deluded if he thinks that Perry can't beat Obama. Obama has transformed himself into Bush, in that he's vilified & the American people will trade him for absolute anything else. That seems to be the problem these days. Obama was vaulted into the White House directly because of GOP/Bush fatigue and now the cycle will continue with another lackluster alternative. Keep recycling the establishment messiahs from both parties.

Agorism
09-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I think all things considered, Obama is favored to win reelection.

robertwerden
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Perry can not win the general because he has no hook for the current anti war vote. That is what wins elections for the last 15 years.

Obama won on ending the wars.

Gore almost won in 2004 on the promise to end the war, but we all know that election was stolen by Bush and Diebold

Bush won the first term with the "no policing the world no nation building" hook.

Clinton came in during the 1993 Operation southern watch military campaign and unseated Bush senior who had just restarted the bomb campaign against Iraq after 2 years of cease fire. Bush senior started the bombing during the election to be the war time candidate who supposedly could not be replaced because of the current military efforts.

AuH20
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Well, Obama has a serious historical hurdle to overcome, in that no sitting president has overcome an unemployment percentage over 7.2% since FDR and he's closing in on 10%, with a credit downgrade to boot. Right now, I'd say 4 of the Republican candidates could honestly beat him, which would be Paul, Romney, Perry and Cain. Obama is toast because his record is horrific and his 2008 "change the world" campaign motto has been blown to bits. Barry's greatest sin was creating this persona that was supposed to literally feed the poor and heal the oceans, so when reality finally washes away the carefully constructed lies, the backlash will be fierce and unforgiving.

Agorism
09-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, Obama has a serious historical hurdle to overcome, in that no sitting president has overcome an unemployment percentage over 7.2% since FDR and he's closing in on 10%, with a credit downgrade to boot. Right now, I'd say 4 of the Republican candidates could honestly beat him, which would be Paul, Romney, Perry and Cain. Obama is toast because his record is horrific and his 2008 "change the world" campaign motto has been blown to bits. Barry's greatest sin was creating this persona that was supposed to literally feed the poor and heal the oceans, so when reality finally washes away the lies, the backlash will be fierce and unforgiving.

Ray Fair's equation has him winning reelection.

As of now...

Computed (output) values:
53.45 Democratic share of the two-party presidential vote in 2012
48.52 Democratic share of the two-party House vote in 2012

AuH20
09-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Obama is literally our best friend:

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/09/04/favoritesonsanddaughters

From the debt ceiling fiasco to the recent rescheduling of a jobs speech at the behest of Speaker Boehner, it has not been a good summer for President Obama. Like Chinese water torture, Gallup's daily tracking poll has shown a steady and unrelenting drip of bad news. He has been in and out of the high 30s for his approval, and in the low to mid-50s for his disapproval.

George W. Bush's approval rating didn't drop this low until Katrina hit. And on the economy, 71 percent of Americans disapprove of how Obama is doing his job. Even among reliably Democratic groups -- union households, women and young people -- he's now unpopular.

Obama has ruined the Democratic Party. The 2010 wipeout was an electoral catastrophe so bad you'd have to go back to 1894 to find comparable losses. From 2008 to 2010, according to Gallup, the fastest growing demographic party label was former Democrat. Obama took over the party in 2008 with 36 percent of Americans considering themselves Democrats. Within just two years, that number had dropped to 31 percent, which tied a 22-year low.

Bruno
09-07-2011, 11:50 AM
This is the GOP's election to fail, and without Paul they will do just that. America is ready to oust Obama. What is needed is someone who has crossover appeal, and the only one running who has that is Ron Paul.

I do not believe that Perry can beat Obama.

Oukvekpwv
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
what paul has above others is the ability to draw support from everywhere.. thats what pushes him as a better candidate to be Obama than perry, logistically.. Paul could truly unite the country.. It would be nice to see a grass roots commercial from the blue republican movement asking the rest of the GOP to look into Paul.. something like "together we are stronger: restore america now" or something saying that we have the votes to beat obama because paul could draw that support like no mans business..

between that and the troops support and his debate performances.. i just dont know what else would get through to people :toady:

Ronpauljones
09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Rick Perry is meant to lose to Obama, IMO. He has so much dirt on him I think even if Obama has a 25% approval rating when they go head to head, Obama will wipe the floor with Perry, because that's what is meant to happen. Perry is Obama's ticket to 4 more years. So is Romney.

I don't think the polls show it but I think Palin would beat Obama. And Ron Paul would beat Obama easy, likely by the widest margin in history.

brushfire
09-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Well, Obama has a serious historical hurdle to overcome, in that no sitting president has overcome an unemployment percentage over 7.2% since FDR and he's closing in on 10%, with a credit downgrade to boot. Right now, I'd say 4 of the Republican candidates could honestly beat him, which would be Paul, Romney, Perry and Cain. Obama is toast because his record is horrific and his 2008 "change the world" campaign motto has been blown to bits. Barry's greatest sin was creating this persona that was supposed to literally feed the poor and heal the oceans, so when reality finally washes away the carefully constructed lies, the backlash will be fierce and unforgiving.

I guess I'd have to ask how Rick Perry is really any different (or perceived as being different) from GW? IMO it took GW to get obama into office, and it would take the threat of GW2 to get obama his second term. Perry is simply unelectable...

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Personally, I don't see how Perry beats Obama. As bad as the economy is, I don't think the American people would put Perry in the White House. He has so many negatives, and Obama would have the media helping him highlight every one...especially during silly season, when anything goes. His evangelical bent and his spooky similarity to GWB would turn plenty of people off.

Sjmfury
09-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Are we saying the Rick Perry is unelectable?

Oh the Irony! ;)