PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen poll on 'extreme candidates'

bobbyw24
09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
@AbolishTheFed: Iowa Republicans: Romney Seen As Most Mainstream Candidate, Paul Most Extreme - Rasmussen Reports™

http://t.co/8wkaqWI

Agorism
09-07-2011, 10:45 AM
This is the Monday poll. Don't we already have posts on that one?

bluesc
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM
The thing I find most interesting is that 60% of Tea Party voters see Ron's views as too extreme... Are you kidding me? I say 60% of Tea Party voters have no right to associate themselves with our movement while they stand for the same things as neocons do.

refuge
09-07-2011, 11:50 AM
It's a shame what ended up happening to the Tea Party, it was really going somewhere before it was taken over.

I was talking to someone the other day, they said that they saw on Fox News that Ron Paul wasn't the one that started the Tea Party; we need to remind them who their daddy really is!

gb13
09-07-2011, 12:13 PM
The thing I find most interesting is that 60% of Tea Party voters see Ron's views as too extreme... Are you kidding me? I say 60% of Tea Party voters have no right to associate themselves with our movement while they stand for the same things as neocons do.

The Tea Party = Republican Establishment, Part II.

Sad, because WE started the Tea Party. Ron Paul, and his grassroots supporters were the founders of the Tea Party. I, and my Boston Meet-Up group, were involved with planning the original Tea Party '07 at Faneuil Hall. It was such a momentous day; watching that counter go up, up, up and realizing we broke all known on-day fundraising records (just two months after breaking the previous fundraising record on 11/5)... It made all the effort worth it. We knew we were onto something big. Then, the republican establishment (as we predicted not long after that day) with a few key-strokes and the compliance of the media, hijacked the whole thing and ruined it. Very sad, indeed.

Fredom101
09-07-2011, 12:18 PM

It's not our movement. The tea party was taken over by the likes of Palin and Bachmann long ago. They are simply watered down neocons now, if that.

Fredom101
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
It's a shame what ended up happening to the Tea Party, it was really going somewhere before it was taken over.

I was talking to someone the other day, they said that they saw on Fox News that Ron Paul wasn't the one that started the Tea Party; we need to remind them who their daddy really is!

The modern day tea party idea was actually started by 9/11 Truth before Ron Paul was on the scene at all.

bluesc
09-07-2011, 12:20 PM
The Tea Party = Republican Establishment, Part II.

Sad, because WE started the Tea Party. Ron Paul, and his grassroots supporters were the founders of the Tea Party. I, and my Boston Meet-Up group, were involved with planning the original Tea Party '07 at Faneuil Hall. It was such a momentous day; watching that counter go up, up, up and realizing we broke all known on-day fundraising records (just two months after breaking the previous fundraising record on 11/5)... It made all the effort worth it. We knew we were onto something big. Then, the republican establishment (as we predicted not long after that day) with a few key-strokes and the compliance of the media, hijacked the whole thing and ruined it. Very sad, indeed.

We are having a Tea Party moneybomb this year aren't we? Take it back!

Seriously, these "Tea Party founders" claim to know more about what the movement stands for than the actual organizers of the original Tea Party (at least in recent times). Those Tea Party members that will still vote for Ron know what it's about. We can rally them.

I think the themes of this years moneybombs are great. Fighting back against what pisses us off. It's a good incentive, and seriously fires people up.

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 12:48 PM

Rasmussen has this weird poll definition of tea party. They said early on they thought Ron's time had passed and seem to be hawking for Perry big time.

WTF does 'more extreme' mean? Is it good or bad? Why would a pollster even use that word unless they are trying to push a position?

Raudsarw
09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.

bobbyw24
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
It's not our movement. The tea party was taken over by the likes of Palin and Bachmann long ago. They are simply watered down neocons now, if that.

Right

cucucachu0000
09-07-2011, 03:28 PM
i hope that poll is bull cuz that doesnt bode well for us...... hopefully paul has a good month with these debates.

kylejack
09-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I consider Paul the most extreme. That's not derisive. The status quo is the problem.

klamath
09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
The modern day tea party idea was actually started by 9/11 Truth before Ron Paul was on the scene at all.
in reality the modern day teaparty was started by limbaugh and cohorts in the nineties. Send a teabag to every congressmen was the theme.

sailingaway
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
in reality the modern day teaparty was started by limbaugh and cohorts in the nineties. Send a teabag to every congressmen was the theme.

Ron Paul supporters realize that tea bags weren't invented in 1776.