PDA

View Full Version : God Bless America

ChrisDiamond
09-07-2011, 02:11 AM
If you're a frequent listener of The Liberty Minute, you may have heard my a cappella arrangement of our National Anthem, or of America, The Beautiful... I did "God Bless America" tonight, and thought I would share it with you. With all the constant bad news, with the fear we have for our country and our future, sometimes we need a moment of something good, too. Hopefully this will bring a small blessing to your day.

http://thelibertyminute.com/2011/09/06/godblessamerica.aspx

ChrisDiamond
09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Bump for a pick-me-up...

ghengis86
09-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Nice job.

Some here are not big supporters of nationalistic songs or invoking the blessing of a diety for a country.

My vision of 'America' is the multitudes of individuals who embody the countries founding principles of liberty, freedom, ingenuity and strong work ethic (among other noble traits). Viewed in that context, I can enjoy these types of songs.

ChrisDiamond
09-08-2011, 04:48 PM
We view them the same way, Ghengis. Thank you very much for your kind words.

bunklocoempire
09-08-2011, 05:22 PM
The link isn't working for me yet. I'll keep trying.

Great comment ghengis86. Art is different things to different people.

My favorite nationalistic song invoking the blessing of a diety for my country :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg

I'm talkin' 'bout America. :D

:)

*sniff*:o

Bunkloco

sailingaway
09-08-2011, 06:34 PM
very nice.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
If you're a frequent listener of The Liberty Minute, you may have heard my a cappella arrangement of our National Anthem, or of America, The Beautiful... I did "God Bless America" tonight, and thought I would share it with you. With all the constant bad news, with the fear we have for our country and our future, sometimes we need a moment of something good, too. Hopefully this will bring a small blessing to your day.

http://thelibertyminute.com/2011/09/06/godblessamerica.aspx

Chris, you did that? That was so very beautiful!! Thank you so much for posting it. :)

bunklocoempire
09-08-2011, 08:54 PM
ChrisDiamond, finally heard it, not too bad!

Without a studio, and recording in a house full of kids and pets, this was the best I could do today.

What did you track/record this with?

Bunkloco

PreDeadMan
09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
hm my post disappeared.... is david copperfield running this gig? houdini?

sailingaway
09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
hm my post disappeared.... is david copperfield running this gig? houdini?

me. why don't you start another thread? This guy was sharing a tribute he did.

PreDeadMan
09-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Good voice... but i don't care for the....nationalism inherent in that song's lyrics. like i said George Carlin broke that phrase down in the video i posted... well i guess you can youtube it now =p

LibertyEagle
09-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Good voice... but i don't care for the....nationalism inherent in that song's lyrics. like i said George Carlin broke that phrase down in the video i posted... well i guess you can youtube it now =p

I think of America as our founding principles and those of us who stand for them. Ron Paul has been fighting to restore those very principles.

If you want to bash that, please do it elsewhere. We need to win over a large number of Republican voters and don't need to drive them away.

Paulatized
09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for sharing, that was amazing. I do so admire such a talent as you have, actually I'm quite envious.:)

heavenlyboy34
09-08-2011, 09:25 PM
A few bad notes, but a good arrangement. :) BTW, if any of you are interested, several years ago I compiled an album full of my own arrangements of this song, the national anthem, and a number of other "patriotic" songs such as "when Johnny comes marching home" for solo electric guitar. I can post them if you want. :)

PreDeadMan
09-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I think of America as our founding principles and those of us who stand for them. Ron Paul has been fighting to restore those very principles.

If you want to bash that, please do it elsewhere. We need to win over a large number of Republican voters and don't need to drive them away.

Question things..... that's what people need to do is question everything the phrase god bless america is an empty slogan that doesn't mean anything lol instead of repeating the rhetoric people need to question the rhetoric is all i'm saying not bashing anyone's work i commented that the vocals were good but the lyrics to the song is just religious and government worship at least to me.i'd also like to add that when you sacrifice your principles to pander to people just for votes... i dunno doesn't seem to sincere you should not change who you are for other people =p

heavenlyboy34
09-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Question things..... that's what people need to do is question everything the phrase god bless america is an empty slogan that doesn't mean anything lol instead of repeating the rhetoric people need to question the rhetoric is all i'm saying not bashing anyone's work i commented that the vocals were good but the lyrics to the song is just religious and government worship at least to me.i'd also like to add that when you sacrifice your principles to pander to people just for votes... i dunno doesn't seem to sincere you should not change who you are for other people =p
I agree with that, but the point of this site is getting RP elected(at this time). Unfortunately, that means having to behave in ways we normally wouldn't like to. I assure you, this site is monitored by the opposition and media for fodder to use against RP. When the election is over, we can go back to talking about whatever we want.

sailingaway
09-08-2011, 09:52 PM
A few bad notes, but a good arrangement. :) BTW, if any of you are interested, several years ago I compiled an album full of my own arrangements of this song, the national anthem, and a number of other "patriotic" songs such as "when Johnny comes marching home" for solo electric guitar. I can post them if you want. :)

Do!

sailingaway
09-08-2011, 09:53 PM

God Bless America is most certainly not an empty slogan to me. I feel we need it at least as much now as we ever have. Carlin was an intelligent and provacative man (in a good way. he made you think). But I disagree on this. That isn't the point though. That belongs in a philosophy thread, not in this one, along with your comments. But the post above is accurate: I wouldn't be so quick on it if we weren't in an election and wanting to reflect Ron's views, not those arguing against his. We most of us are supporters in overlapping spots. We have different aspects of Ron that draw us in. But his Christian faith is part of his appeal to many voters, and an election is not a time for us to argue, in his election subforum, against that.

ChrisDiamond
09-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank you to everyone for your very kind words. I have also recorded America, The Beautiful and the National Anthem a cappella and harmony if you'd like to hear them. Just scroll through older posts at http://thelibertyminute.com

I record these songs because sometimes we just need a positive sense of our country in the face of all the bad news and BS we're subjected to every day in the media. My goal was to help provide something good to you and your ears, and evoke positive feelings about our country. I hope that I was successful in that pursuit.

LibertyEagle
09-16-2011, 04:11 AM

I am a Christian, as is Dr. Paul.

God Bless America, is NOT an empty slogan to me. It is sad you feel otherwise. But, to each their own. I hope and pray that God does bless America, because we need all the help we can get.

Since this is RPFs, and Ron Paul is the one running for President, not YOU, it really is not necessary for you to interject your anti-Christian meme into this thread. There are other places in the forum to do that, if you absolutely feel it necessary to post it on this site.