PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee VISITS NASHVILLE! - Be there for RP instead!

Matt Collins
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Mike Huckabee will be speaking at the Frist Center downtown Nashville Monday night Nov 5th as part of Williamson Christian College?s 10th anniversary.

Be there at 5:30 out front for sign waving to show Mr. Huckabee that Nashville is voting for Ron Paul!

Here is a link to the official page:
http://www.williamsoncc.edu/AnnivCelebration.html

Alabama Supporter
11-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Current Huckabee supporters (that could be converted) will probably be turned off by a so called "counter protest".

steph3n
11-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Current Huckabee supporters (that could be converted) will probably be turned off by a so called "counter protest".

A simple friendly sign waving is no protest :)

Alabama Supporter
11-04-2007, 09:44 PM
A simple friendly sign waving is no protest :)

You and I know that, but I am just telling you what it looks like to an average joe.

I am not poo pooing the idea btw, we did something similar with Mitt came here but we were a few miles away along the route his car was going to go. I am sure the Nashville folks will be respectful. They are a good crew.

tfelice
11-04-2007, 09:45 PM

Agreed. Huckabee doesn't have the funds to make it past NH & IA. Many of Huckabees supporters are pro-life Evangelicals. Once Huckabee drops out Paul will be the only pro-life Evangelical left in the race (Tancredo should be gone by then too). Personally, I think it's best to leave the Huckabee supporters be for now, and work to move them to Paul once Huckabee drops out.

ConstitutionGal
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I think we might be better off to print out copies of the following article by Pastor Chuck Baldwin and flyer the cars parked around the Frist Center:

Christians Need To Beware Of Mike Huckabee By Chuck Baldwin November 2, 2007

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2007/cbarchive_20071102.html

me3
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
For the love of Pete, why not sign wave where we can pickup supporters?

It's so counterproductive to harass the other candidates...

ashlux
11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Mike Huckabee will be speaking at the Frist Center downtown Nashville Monday night Nov 5th as part of Williamson Christian College?s 10th anniversary.

Be there at 5:30 out front for sign waving to show Mr. Huckabee that Nashville is voting for Ron Paul!

Here is a link to the official page:
http://www.williamsoncc.edu/AnnivCelebration.html

I'm not sure what good that would actually do.

Only thing I can think of that might be beneficial is to discreetly pass out literature and talk to people. Otherwise, it seems a bit silly to somewhat protest Huckabee.

steph3n
11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
For the love of Pete, why not sign wave where we can pickup supporters?

It's so counterproductive to harass the other candidates...

Good point as well, several miles away would be great. :)

Geronimo
11-04-2007, 09:50 PM
I think we might be better off to print out copies of the following article by Pastor Chuck Baldwin and flyer the cars parked around the Frist Center:

I like this idea.

People can always become well versed in the points of the article and then confront Huck with some tough questions in front of a room of potential supporters and reporters.

Matt Collins
11-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Do you remember the RP supporters who showed up to the Hillary thing? They got press coverage. Do you remember when the RP supporters outnumbered Fred as he was leaving some meeting or something? That got press coverage.

Alabama Supporter
11-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Republicans HATE protesters....I'm just sayin...

steph3n
11-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Do you remember the RP supporters who showed up to the Hillary thing? They got press coverage. Do you remember when the RP supporters outnumbered Fred as he was leaving some meeting or something? That got press coverage.

we are past the point of getting coverage now, no need to get negative coverage, the other candidates love negative coverage since their positives are so small :D

Lord Xar
11-04-2007, 09:56 PM

good idea...

and pass out RP literature.

me3
11-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Press coverage is not going to win the election, certainly not coverage of staking out the opponents.

Strategies have to adapt and adjust as we get closer to the early primaries. Fund raising and delegates are two of the most important thing to focus on. Supporting the campaign and developing confirmed primary voters is likely next.

So if this is like the 8th best thing to do on a given night, wouldn't it make sense to see if the other 7 can be done first?

ConstitutionGal
11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
good idea...

and pass out RP literature.

Actually, from a strategic point of view, I probably wouldn't mix the two. I've been filling folks in about Fred Thompson's background and record without ever bringing up Dr. Paul. When folks realize that they're being suckered, many of them are becoming Ron Paul supporters without ever realizing they've been 'manipulated' :D

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Bump

Snowfire
11-05-2007, 12:16 PM
How about polite, cheerful people bringing signs that say,

"RON PAUL SUPPORTERS (heart) HUCKABEE SUPPORTERS!"

Then they could explain to curious onlookers why Dr. Paul is what they are really looking for in a candidate.

Just a thought. ;)

RevolutionSD
11-05-2007, 12:19 PM
DEFINITELY go wave your signs at the Huck thing!
In fact you could go out on the street and wave them at cars. They'll think it's a Ron Paul event. We did this when Rudy came to SD. It was a great time, we had all kinds of cars honking and cheering us as the 40 or so Rudy fans were inside attending his fundraising dinner.

Everyone had a good time, we even had polite debates with some of the Rudy supporters and Rudy himself stopped his car, leaned out the window and smiled and waved at us!

Go to the Huck event and have FUN!

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Rudy himself stopped his car, leaned out the window and smiled and waved at us!That would be tooo tempting to do the wrong thing :cool:

DJ RP
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Guys print that article and hand it out with ron paul's statement of faith and a slim jim or something. Don't just hold signs, be friendly and hand out the material :)

ladyliberty
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
the key here is INFLITRATE not CONFRONTATE!

Ron Paul Supporters who are "obvious" are going to get tossed out on their cans - be low key and humble - no t-shirts etc. - stand in the back of the crowd and everytime Huck brings up a subject tell your neighbor about Ron Paul's stance on the subject - then hand him a slim jim! :D move on up a few steps, lather , rinse, repeat :D let people wash their own brains! :D

deedles
11-05-2007, 01:44 PM

THAT'S a great idea!

Snowfire
11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I dunno.

I just read this article, and it comes across as hateful. (even if true!)

Is there a more even-tempered/edited one that could be used instead?

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Ron Paul Supporters who are "obvious" are going to get tossed out on their cans - be low key and humble - no t-shirts etc. - stand in the back of the crowd and everytime Huck brings up a subject tell your neighbor about Ron Paul's stance on the subject - then hand him a slim jim! :D move on up a few steps, lather , rinse, repeat :D let people wash their own brains! :DUhhh... it's $150 a person to enter, I doubt any RP supporters are going in. The plan is to stand across the street and out of the way peacfully and politely holding up signs for passing traffic and attendees.

dsentell
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Here is a great article I used SUCCESSFULLY to convert some Huck supporters. Ask them what they think about amnesty for the illegals, when you get a negative response hand them a copy of this article (it is long, full page front and back):

"Huckabee Not All He Appears to Be" www.freerepublic.com, October 24, 2007.

I have it formatted for printing and copying (pdf file) if you would like a copy just PM me.

Adamsa
11-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Ask Huck's supporters why they support him, and tell them you were thinking of switching to Ron Paul because he is better on the issue.

deedles
11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
It would be ill-advised to piss anyone off... the whole msm "nutty RP supporters" thing would just be cemented in their minds. I say everyone dress nice, smile, hand out literature and show them the REALITY of Ron Paul and his supporters.

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Absolutely

me3
11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
For pete's sake folks, make sure we have enough signatures to get on ballots, and delegates in each precinct before worrying about the Huckleberry campaign.

Prioritize!

Matt Collins
11-05-2007, 09:37 PM
This fell through mostly due to a tornado coming through town, and also because of some internal friction of members of the local meetup poo-pooing the idea.