PDA

View Full Version : TX - Cops raid home, shoot dog, then arrest dog owner for trying to take care of him.

Anti Federalist
09-06-2011, 11:21 PM
The facts are still coming out in this one, here's a thumbnail as I understand it:

Cops raid home without a warrant looking for brother of a man who lives there (brother does not live there but was visiting earlier in the day).

Upon charging into the home they encounter the family dog, and shoot it. (the dog has survived?)

They then run off all the family, cordon off the area leaving the injured dog. (to bleed out and die I'm assuming)

Homeowner goes through the police line to take care of the dog, gets chased by cops and arrested.

Harlingen homeowner facing charges after family dog shot

by Sergio Chapa
Posted: 09.06.2011 at 3:42 PM

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=660171#.Tmb7-Fuqbbw

A Harlingen homeowner is facing criminal charges after he allegedly entered a crime scene where his dog had been shot by a police officer.

Harlingen police arrested 51-year-old Robert Luis Subia on interfering with public duties and evading arrest charges on Friday.

Investigators told Action 4 News that Subia was arrested in connection to an investigation where his dog was shot by a police officer.

Officers went to Subia’s Chaparral Street home on Friday afternoon.

Police didn’t find the man they were looking for but an officer shot Subia’s dog because it allegedly charged at an one of the investigators.

Investigators said police had sealed off the area and warned Subia to stay away but dog owner allegedly entered the restricted area.

Subia allegedly fled on foot but was caught a short time later.

The Harlingen homeowner appeared before a municipal judge on Saturday where he was issued $5,500 dollars in bonds.

The family spokes to Action 4 News about the incident last week.

They said the dog was barking but did not charge at police.

Bordillo
09-07-2011, 01:51 AM
what a terrible judge

DamianTV
09-07-2011, 06:56 AM
And cops still are stupid enough to wonder why we have absolutely no trust in our legal system.

Welcome to the land where anything to do with freedom is prohibited by law.

fisharmor
09-07-2011, 07:16 AM
I think I've been jaded by these stories. I don't think I'll even be surprised when they start raping people.
Oh wait, seems I forgot. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abner_Louima) They can't even rape people correctly.

Danke
09-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Was the dog on a leash?

-Rael