PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me out w/ Corporate Welfare...

mstrmac1
09-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm in the process of starting a talk show (in two weeks) on a little radio station w/ about 3-15k listeners on Saturday mornings. Its a very social conservative radio station, and I would like to slowly over several months prove a point on the case for Liberty. One of the first topics I would like to discuss on the show is Welfare... and to show how any type of welfare is bad whether its for the rich or the poor.

Here is the Question?... Other than the Bailouts of the banks and GM can you give me examples of Corporate Welfare over the last 5-10 years. And please forgive me for not knowing my congressional bill history...

Thanks!

sailingaway
09-06-2011, 11:02 PM
big pharma in Obamacare to the tune of over $100 billion, I believe. Subsidies so farmers won't farm. The sugar industry (RP describes this in 'Revolution')

RonPaulCult
09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Congrats on the show. We spend three times as much on corporate welfare than on handouts to the poor. The list is long. Hit the google son!

mstrmac1
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks! I will do my due diligence of course, I was however looking for some lay-ups!!!

sailingaway
09-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks! I will do my due diligence of course, I was however looking for some lay-ups!!!

Ron really does discuss this in Revolution a Manifesto, if you don't have a copy, you might want to take one out of a library before the show.

But Obama's deal with Big Pharma was a huge scandal on the progressive side, given that he ran specifically saying he would end that subsidy as part of the 'savings' of his health care plan....

mstrmac1
09-07-2011, 12:25 AM
BTW, are direct loans from the Government considered Corporate Welfare...?