Restore-America-NOW
09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
We're still doing horrible...

eduardo89
09-06-2011, 06:24 PM
We're still doing horrible...At least Bachmann is waaaay down

Badger Paul
09-06-2011, 06:25 PM
No, it means we're solidly in third place now. And as soon as Perry and Romney declare nuclear war on each other and empty their campaign treasuries doing so, we'll still be standing tall.

michaelkellenger
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
We need to crack 10% in Real Clear Politics average, I think we can get there by the end of the month. This debate will be HUGE. I think if we can crack double digits on the poll of polls, then we are in good standing. We have a long time to go, but I'm beginning to think Perry isn't going anywhere :/.

I think we need Bachmann in this race, it is bad if she drops out. The further we have dropped, the further we have fallen behind Perry.

CaptainAmerica
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Wait until the debates ;D . Ron is going to knock them out again.

justatrey
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
No way this is horrible. Huntsman, Santorum, Cain, Gingrich are doing horrible. Considering the media coverage Bachmann has gotten, she's doing beyond horrible.

I don't get hung up on hypothetical polls. At the moment Palin isn't running so we're still in third place. Considering that its been the 24/7 Romney/Perry show in the media I'm still happy we're doing this well.

emr1028
09-06-2011, 06:35 PM
This is encouraging. Unless one of the other candidates are able to break through, and assuming there aren't any late entrants, this race is now pretty solidly locked in to the top 4 candidates, and Bachmann is on the downhill. If we can pick up a few Cain and Gingrich supporters when they inevitably drop out, and some Perry supporters as people jump off the bandwagon, we may be able to poll at a solid 20% after the first few primaries. I'm happy to see this.

RonPaulCult
09-06-2011, 06:38 PM

No, it's the rest of the field that is doing horrible. This isn't normal. This isn't normal to have two candidates with over 50% of the vote this early. Just wait until Perry debates a little bit and gets interviewed and vetted a little bit. Just wait until people fall out of love with Mitt. And wait for more Ron Paul campaign ads. 10% nationally is very good for this point.

RonPaulCult
09-06-2011, 06:40 PM
National poll for this week 4 years ago:

Fred Thompson 24%, Rudy Giuliani 23%, Mitt Romney 13%, John McCain 12%, Mike Huckabee 6%, Other 4%, Undecided 17%

McCain and Huckabee went on to have a two-man race. And Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani?

ChrisDixon
09-06-2011, 06:41 PM
People need to stop fretting over this sort of thing. I watched a Fox News segment where a guest made a good point: people need to pay more attention to individual state polls. National polls mean nothing, because as the States make their decisions, the tide will turn. We need to focus on polls like Iowa and New Hampshire. That's where we need to push.

Dianne
09-06-2011, 06:43 PM

All the more reason, Ron Paul needs to spend those dollars we send him to become aggressive and go after their throats !!!!

Ron Paul has a clean record, and he needs to run on it... and kick their asses when it comes to their records.

Gloves off !!!!!! Let's play...

bluesc
09-06-2011, 06:43 PM
While I agree that Rick will inevitably drop in the polls, Mitt isn't going anywhere. It's really hard to predict whether Rick will drop in the polls to the extent that Trump and Cain did.

While I would like to see us much higher in the national polls, Iowa is more important.

Napoleon's Shadow
09-06-2011, 06:47 PM

Fred Thompson 24%, Rudy Giuliani 23%, Mitt Romney 13%, John McCain 12%, Mike Huckabee 6%, Other 4%, Undecided 17%

McCain and Huckabee went on to have a two-man race. And Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani?You're quoting Rove heh

kylejack
09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
National polls don't matter. We're polling well in NH and IA.

JohnGalt23g
09-06-2011, 06:52 PM

Settle down.

We're at 10% at the start of the season. And that's of registered voters. Our people add a couple of points on to that for liklihood to vote. And we really haven't hit the airwaves yet.

Lot of football between here and Iowa. Just make sure we keep the coffers full and the phone lines occupied.

ChrisDixon
09-06-2011, 06:53 PM
national polls don't matter. We're polling well in nh and ia.

this.

RonPaulCult
09-06-2011, 07:15 PM
You're quoting Rove heh

Oh God I am? I didn't know that, but it makes me sick thinking that I had a similar thought as that man!

emr1028
09-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I think that this poll once again shows that we need Palin to stay away from this race. She isn't stealing votes from Romney or Perry, she's stealing them from the third tier candidates.

trey4sports
09-06-2011, 07:20 PM
what matters is Iowa. We're at 16% there and i'd bet that were going to be in even better shape there in the next round of polling.

Chainspell
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Seriously you guys still believe these polls. Remember their goal is to make everyone think (including us) that ron paul isn't electable. Stay focused on what you're doing don't let those *fake* numbers slow you down.

pauliticalfan
09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
We officially overtook Bachmann in the RCP average because of this poll. Hardly terrible.

runningdiz
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Bingo. We're not doing horrible we're going up in the polls. It is too early to peak. We just need to keep the steady momentum. Perry has no where to go but down we can only go up.

McCain and Huckabee went on to have a two-man race. And Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani?

Brett85
09-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Seriously you guys still believe these polls. Remember their goal is to make everyone think (including us) that ron paul isn't electable. Stay focused on what you're doing don't let those *fake* numbers slow you down.

I think we need to come up with a name for the people who still believe scientific polls are somehow "fake." We already have "birthers" and "truthers," so maybe we should call these people "pollers."

trey4sports
09-06-2011, 07:37 PM
lol ^^^

kylejack
09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
The polls are legitimate, but just aren't terribly relevant to a primary process. Early wins create momentum.

Epic
09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
As long as we hold onto 3rd place ahead of Bachmann, we are going to be okay.

A lot of people haven't heard that Perry likes TARP Bailout, Gardasil Vaccine Mandate, HillaryCare, Al Gore, and doubling spending in Texas.

When they do, Ron can rise.

Epic
09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
WaPo tested Bachmann, Palin, and HUNTSMAN vs. Obama, but not Ron Paul!!!!

Legend1104
09-06-2011, 08:03 PM
I have finally decided that we will never get a fair shake from the media and the only way we will ever win is if all Ron Paul supporters drop to their knees and pray often that God will open the hearts of men so that we can save our country. I saw an interview yesterday that just disgusted me. Some guy was on talking about how he did not think that there was a front runner and anyone can still really win. He then named Romney, Bachmann, and Perry. The interviewer then said, "Well what about Ron Paul he is doing pretty well in the polls." The other guy then says, "...No.. He will never be able to get more than his small base." Then he went on to mention how Huntsman still has a good chance. I don't get how they could say someone as liberal as Huntsman could win the conservative Republican nomination. He is pro-abortion, gay marriage, bailout, and worked for Obama. Yet, ultra conservative Ron Paul has no chance? AAAAHHHH!!!

Napoleon's Shadow
09-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I have finally decided that we will never get a fair shake from the media and the only way we will ever win is if all Ron Paul supporters drop to their knees and pray often that God will open the hearts of men so that we can save our country.No.

This election is won by:

1- donating
2- phone banking
3- going door-to-door

Everyone puts all of their effort into these 3 actions, we will win, or come damn close to it.

eff
09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I think if we can get the young antiwar democrats on our side in droves we should be good.

boneyard bill
09-06-2011, 09:12 PM
We're doing fine. I agree that Iowa and New Hampshire are the name of the game. No one has won Iowa without finishing at least first or second in the straw poll and Bachmann is fading. Ron Paul has demonstrated that he has a very strong grass-roots organization there. New Hampshire is even more promising. Yes, Romney has a big lead there, but he lives there and was Gov. of a neighboring state while the opposition vote is currently fractured. But independents can vote in the New Hampshire primary and so can Blue Republicans and other disaffected Democrats. And the pattern of New Hampshire's independents is to vote for independent-sounding candidates i.e. "mavericks" like McCain and Pat Buchanan.

I think things are coming along nicely. It's not quite up to my highest hopes at this stage, but it's pretty close. So far Ron Paul has already changed the debate, but he's now coming close to altering it fundamentally. It may soon become impossible for Republicans candidates to call themselves conservatives while still voting for a balanced budget or casually to advocate interventions overseas or proclaim that defense spending is sacrosanct.

Nathan Hale
09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Notice how evenly Palin's voters are spread throughout the field. Bachmann and Paul benefit the most, but within statistical error of everyone else. I thought there would be a more prominent division.

sailingaway
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
No, it's the rest of the field that is doing horrible. This isn't normal. This isn't normal to have two candidates with over 50% of the vote this early. Just wait until Perry debates a little bit and gets interviewed and vetted a little bit. Just wait until people fall out of love with Mitt. And wait for more Ron Paul campaign ads. 10% nationally is very good for this point.

Mitt hasn't really been vetted because everyone has been running for 'the conservative candidate' slot to oppose him, in the current bracket. Perry belongs in Romney's bracket, not in Ron's, but people are confused by the pandering. They will get educated. Then the conservative votes, most of them, will try to find a conservative target, and currently, other than Romney and Perry, Ron leads. We have to make his third a more solid delineation from Bachmann, and then pick up Perry voters as they learn who he is.

sailingaway
09-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I think if we can get the young antiwar democrats on our side in droves we should be good.

I understand Obama is finally contemplating a belated drawdown, suddenly, in Iraq. I think he's worried. No question Ron getting the nomination would be his worst nightmare.

JohnGalt23g
09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
No.

This election is won by:

1- donating
2- phone banking
3- going door-to-door

Everyone puts all of their effort into these 3 actions, we will win, or come damn close to it.

This.

Remember, dear Legend, our faults lie not in our stars, but in ourselves...

kylejack
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Numbers in the OP are not accurate. Without Palin it's

Perry 29
Romney 25
Paul 10
Bachman 8

etc

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-06-2011, 10:07 PM
We officially overtook Bachmann in the RCP average because of this poll. Hardly terrible.Yes! Sweet!

We have to make his third a more solid delineation from Bachmann, and then pick up Perry voters as they learn who he is.This latest poll ended on the 1st. It hasn't factored in the shakeup in Bachmnann's staff. Hopefully, some of her support will drop away because they see her campaign falling apart. :D

hillbilly123069
09-06-2011, 11:08 PM
(Among registered voters)
WITH PALIN:

Perry 29
Romney 23
Palin 14
Paul 8
Bachmann 6
Gingrich 4
Cain 3
Santorum 2
Huntsman 1

WITHOUT PALIN:
Perry 30
Romney 25
Paul 10
Bachmann 9
Gingrich 5
Cain 5
Santorum 3
Huntsman 1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/polls/postabcpoll_090111.html

I call HOAX! Everyone has watched Ron Paul kick the crap out of the other candidates from the gate!

D.A.S.
09-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I noticed that RealClearPolitics is very much anti-Ron Paul. They generally don't put up any stories with Paul in them and especially with Paul in the headline. Also, they have a nasty habit of picking his lowest poll numbers that are also used in their poll of polls. For instance, if Paul polls at 8% with Palin counted and 10% without Palin, they will use the 8% number. Maybe it's because they like to include a whole big list of irrelevant people who aren't even running, but it's one way to manipulate Paul's numbers.

S.Shorland
09-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Perry's poll average is parabolic.Never ends well.Get ready for a pullback.

justinpagewood
09-07-2011, 01:17 AM
How is Perry first place? So ridiculous. Probably wont last more than a couple weeks though.

american.swan
09-07-2011, 01:23 AM
People need to stop fretting over this sort of thing. I watched a Fox News segment where a guest made a good point: people need to pay more attention to individual state polls. National polls mean nothing, because as the States make their decisions, the tide will turn. We need to focus on polls like Iowa and New Hampshire. That's where we need to push.

I like this.

american.swan
09-07-2011, 01:30 AM
No.

This election is won by:

1- donating
2- phone banking
3- going door-to-door

THIS + delegates!!!!!!!!!!! Become a delegate!!!!

kah13176
09-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Perry's poll average is parabolic.Never ends well.Get ready for a pullback.

How come Romney hasn't seen a pullback?

michaelkellenger
09-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Numbers in the OP are not accurate. Without Palin it's

Perry 29
Romney 25
Paul 10
Bachman 8

etc

WRONG. I am using the registered voter list (more accurate than the "general population" list).

I ask you to apologize for your misstatement.

dusman
09-07-2011, 02:52 AM
No.

This election is won by:

1- donating
2- phone banking
3- going door-to-door

^This

parocks
09-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Comparing the July poll with this one - everyone was down. Paul was the same, and Perry was way way up.

parocks
09-07-2011, 03:47 AM
xx

parocks
09-07-2011, 04:00 AM
^This

These 3 things are what we work on.

I would argue that 2) and 3) are just for later.

What we should be doing now, in addition to 1), is growing meetup groups, organizing. The campaign will want you to be doing door to door and phone banking later. Right now the goal shouldn't be to go door to door now, but to find as many people now to go door to door or otherwise volunteer for the official campaign.

but its all pretty much the same.

bluesc
09-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Comparing the July poll with this one - everyone was down. Paul was the same, and Perry was way way up.

Yep, Romney down 5%, Bachmann down 8%, Perry gain 22%, Ron unchanged. That is the solid 10% support. Now imagine if they all went out and converted one person each.

All recent polls have shown him within the margin of error of 10%, so I'd say that's exactly where he is. This is yet more proof that he can only go up.

parocks
09-07-2011, 04:13 AM
I think that this poll once again shows that we need Palin to stay away from this race. She isn't stealing votes from Romney or Perry, she's stealing them from the third tier candidates.

Bachmann is likely going out. She lost Rollins. Palin comes in and Rollins joins?