For your consideration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT08ka1Nve4

Imagine the possibilities.

CCTelander
09-06-2011, 04:48 PM
bump

VBRonPaulFan
09-06-2011, 04:56 PM
what an amazing idea, wish it would spread virally.

CCTelander
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
what an amazing idea, wish it would spread virally.

Seems to me that people on this forum have some small amount of experience in "helping" things to spread virally, no?

CCTelander
09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
bump

Kludge
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
MI LP took notice. Sent out an email to their list.

"Special notice. Opportunity to make common cause with Protect Private Property Rights in Michigan (http://ppprm.bbnow.org/) and with bar owners who have been victimized by the recently passed Michigan smoking ban for private businesses. From ReasonTV courtesy BrasscheckTV:
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/4875.html
From BrasscheckTV,

Why is it that lawmakers feel the need to micro-manage OUR lives? Is it really all good intentions? Because we know where those lead. Or are they really just control freak nannies forcing their beliefs, values, and hypocrisies on us? Well, a group of business owners in Michigan decided to give them a taste of their own medicine, or at least deprive them of a taste.

And by all means, spread this one far and wide. Maybe it will catch on.
Video:
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/4875.html
- Brasscheck

P.S. Please share Brasscheck TV e-mails and videos with friends and colleagues.
That愀 how we grow. Thanks.

The news story comes from FOX News: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/25/michigan-bar-owners-to-blacklist-lawmakers-in-protest-smoking-ban/Great opportunity for outreach by local affiliates showing LP of Michigan is on the front lines with these business owners."

DamianTV
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I think this ought to be extended beyond just bars so just about EVERY Small Business Owner prohibits Lawmakers from entering their Establishments. These Lawmakers have gone out of their way to benefit themselves at the price of every small business and has cause many people to be out of work for very long periods of time. I think its time that the people start banning the lawmakers from enjoying the priviledges they create for themselves.

CCTelander
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
I think this ought to be extended beyond just bars so just about EVERY Small Business Owner prohibits Lawmakers from entering their Establishments. These Lawmakers have gone out of their way to benefit themselves at the price of every small business and has cause many people to be out of work for very long periods of time. I think its time that the people start banning the lawmakers from enjoying the priviledges they create for themselves.

I agree. I'd also extend it beyond just "lawmakers" to include prosecutors, corrupt judges, brutal cops or those that tolerate the brutality of their fellow cops, etc.

Imagine if these bastards couldn't even get a toilet unclogged because no self-respecting small businessperson in their locality would do business with them.

gb13
09-06-2011, 10:08 PM
hahaha! This is seriously one of the best/cleverest ideas I have seen in a while. If for no other reason than to give them a taste of their own medicine. I really hope this type of thing catches on.

gb13
09-06-2011, 10:10 PM

I completely agree with this. Every small and medium-sized business that has been hurt by corrupt regulations should employ this tactic.

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 05:16 AM
bump

Rael
09-07-2011, 05:36 AM
I agree. I'd also extend it beyond just "lawmakers" to include prosecutors, corrupt judges, brutal cops or those that tolerate the brutality of their fellow cops, etc.

Imagine if these bastards couldn't even get a toilet unclogged because no self-respecting small businessperson in their locality would do business with them.

That would be great but it's pretty unlikely to happen. I mean, most places give discounts to cops.

DamianTV
09-07-2011, 06:57 AM
That would be great but it's pretty unlikely to happen. I mean, most places give discounts to cops.

Most places dont want their businesses shut down. But just to see the look on a cops face when you tell them "We dont serve Cops in this Establishment" would be priceless, of course, it would also only last about a second and a half, as a tazering and a face full of pepperspray are sure to follow.

Bern
09-07-2011, 07:17 AM
http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/swbartender.jpg

fisharmor
09-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Most places dont want their businesses shut down. But just to see the look on a cops face when you tell them "We dont serve Cops in this Establishment" would be priceless, of course, it would also only last about a second and a half, as a tazering and a face full of pepperspray are sure to follow.

I finally found this. Evidence that things have always been the way they are with the police.
http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/Single-Action-Shootout-Gunsite-Academy/

Arizona was still a rough-and-tumble territory when, on Feb. 8, 1903, two Arizona Rangers entered the Cowboys Home Saloon in the border town of Douglas and inadvertently walked into a deadly situation. The rangers—William W. Webb and J. Porter McDonald—were part of an elite group of 26 men organized to clean up that untamed section of the Southwest. One of the saloon owners, Lorenzo “Lon” Bass, had made it clear he would not tolerate lawmen in his place of business, and boasted he would kill Webb in particular if he ever saw him there. Webb and McDonald brazenly entered the saloon, walked over to the bar and ordered drinks. Upon seeing the Rangers, Bass rushed between them and smashed Webb across the face with his gun butt. Reeling from the blow, Webb instinctively drew his Colt Single Action Army and fatally shot Bass. Unfortunately, at that close range, the bullet passed through Bass and also struck his partner McDonald.

Storeowner: cops, stay the fuck off my property.
Cops: I don't think so, mundane.
Storeowner: well, how do you like getting hit in the face?
Cops: BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!!

Back OT, I think it would be great to set up a website devoted to free market justice. I've actually put some thought into it. A place where people could take note of who's on the list of offenders, and take any legal action to punish them.
Imagine if Lon Horiuchi all of a sudden couldn't get his dry cleaning done. It's a small thing, but it would send a message.

Rael
09-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Imagine if Lon Horiuchi all of a sudden couldn't get his dry cleaning done.

Guy is such a scumbag.

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Why be so pessimistic? Clearly it CAN be done, at least to some extent, since it ALREADY HAS BEEN DONE, in Michigan. Why not in 100 other places? Or 1000?

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM
bump

DamianTV
09-07-2011, 12:38 PM
I dont think cops deserve discounts. They pay their already overpaid salaries by turning non criminals into criminals with permanent records for non crimes. They should EARN our respect, the same way as our Military Troops do, regardless of their orders, they havent fired on civilians, unlike the Cops do on a regular basis.

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I dont think cops deserve discounts. They pay their already overpaid salaries by turning non criminals into criminals with permanent records for non crimes. They should EARN our respect, the same way as our Military Troops do, regardless of their orders, they havent fired on civilians, unlike the Cops do on a regular basis.

I'm with you.

But, nowadays, I don't really think the attitude that they DO deserve discounts or free stuff is as prevalent as it used to be. Used to be that a LOT of people had such an attitude, either out of a misplaced sense of "patriotism" or "good citizenship", or for fear that the bastards wouldn't respond as fast or work the case as well in they didn't. But nowadays there are a LOT fewer of those people.

I was even sitting in a Dunkin Donuts in Chicago one time when a couple of cops came in EXPECTING freebies. They were told straight out that "You pay just like everyone else."

There are probably still a few strong pockets of the other attitude, but as time goes on, and govt officials of all types get worse, I believe they'll quickly change over.

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 05:12 PM
///

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Man, I can't believe there's so little interest in this. It COULD be a POWERFUL weapon in the pro-liberty arsenal if people would run with it, IMO.

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Bueller? Bueller?

dawnbt
09-07-2011, 10:23 PM
LOL! I've been to Sporty O'Tooles!!! It's like 5 miles away. I think I'll stop in to show my support!

CCTelander
09-07-2011, 10:24 PM
LOL! I've been to Sporty O'Tooles!!! It's like 5 miles away. I think I'll stop in to show my support!

Good for you! ;)

dawnbt
09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Good for you! ;)

I don't drink or smoke but I respect their right to run their business how they please. Plus you can't beat a bar burger!

CCTelander
09-08-2011, 08:11 AM
bump

CCTelander
09-08-2011, 11:39 AM
///

CCTelander
09-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Guy is such a scumbag.

Couldn't agree more. He should have gone down for murder.

CCTelander
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
///

CCTelander
09-08-2011, 07:42 PM
bump

CCTelander
09-10-2011, 12:08 PM
It's kind of depressing that so few people seem to think thgis is a great idea.

ihsv
09-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Awesome idea! I think they'd get further if the Michigan Hookers Alliance also decided to ban lawmakers, though.

CCTelander
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Awesome idea! I think they'd get further if the Michigan Hookers Alliance also decided to ban lawmakers, though.

LMAO!!!

You're probably right on target there!

Crickett
09-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Yep. It is time the people got involved. Years ago I banned any government (federal) business from my motel, and will take no government checks at all.

CCTelander
09-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Yep. It is time the people got involved. Years ago I banned any government (federal) business from my motel, and will take no government checks at all.

We need more small business people like you. A LOT more.

CCTelander
09-14-2011, 02:45 PM
///

Melissa
09-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh this is great I DJ and the town I DJ in has a smoking ban and it is so sad to see once great business with their doors about to close. I love this idea would love to see my town do it

AFPVet
09-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Very cool!

Rael
09-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Cool. How often do you turn people away?

TexanRudeBoy
09-14-2011, 11:38 PM

How do you find customers?

Crickett
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
For your consideration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT08ka1Nve4

Imagine the possibilities.

Cool. How often do you turn people away?

Not often now, I hardly have any business. But during the Katrina thing I turned several away.

Vessol
09-15-2011, 01:01 AM
It's kind of depressing that so few people seem to think thgis is a great idea.

This is an awesome idea.

I'm of the opinion that everyone who values liberty and free markets should attempt in some way to be an entrepreneur so they can learn first hand how destructive the State really is to the market.

Keith and stuff
09-15-2011, 05:09 AM
It is horrible that such an anti-biz law exists in MI. It already has one of the worst economies in the nation and that the government leaders go and do this. What a shame.

CCTelander
09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
This is an awesome idea.

I'm of the opinion that everyone who values liberty and free markets should attempt in some way to be an entrepreneur so they can learn first hand how destructive the State really is to the market.

I can't second your opinion on people at least trying their hand at entrepreneurship strongly enough! I firmly believe that if more people could see first hand how destructive the state is to anyone actually produces, we'd be rid of a great deal of destructive crap in short order.

CCTelander
09-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Still hoping this idea will capture the imagination of a few more people bump.

CCTelander
09-25-2011, 12:25 PM
///