PDA

View Full Version : Sample anti-Federal Reserve ad

hayekian
11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
I would like to see Ron's TV ads focus more on his economic policies. Below is a sample anti-Federal Reserve ad that I hope leads to better ones and one that can make it to TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqcyqXB0myA

It is only 30 secs and includes a quote by Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke where he admits the Fed was major cause of Great Depression. This simple quote should open soooo many minds to ron's economic message. Here is the quote:

"Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again. "

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I would like to see Ron's TV ads focus more on his economic policies. Below is a sample anti-Federal Reserve ad that I hope leads to better ones and one that can make it to TV

It is only 30 secs and includes a quote by Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke where he admits the Fed was major cause of Great Depression. This simple quote should open soooo many minds to ron's economic message. Here is the quote:

"Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again. "

I think you are on to something, these PACs that we are developing in the grassroots can run negative ads towards things like the fed reserve, borrowing from china to fund iraq, stealing from our children's futures... we need to wake people up, people don't know about these things...
we need to have issue ads... and the Fed is a big one. ask the question, why do we need a central bank? how do central banks work? is this what we want?

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
what you have is a good start, but i'd welcome more hands on from some of the other forum members to see if we can make this thing a reality.

sickmint79
11-04-2007, 09:10 PM
tough to point out we should rid ourselves of the fed in 30 seconds !

torchbearer
11-04-2007, 09:27 PM
tough to point out we should rid ourselves of the fed in 30 seconds !

how about 60 seconds?

fsk
11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I think you could very easily make an anti-Federal Reserve ad that lasts 30 seconds.

Should the government fix the price of oil? Obviously not.

Should the government fix the price of a car? Obviously not.

Should the government fix your salary? Obviously not.

Whenever the government tries to fix prices, it damages the economy.

The Federal Reserve fixes interest rates below the true free-market level. Interest rates are the price of money. Interest rates are the price of work in the present compared to work in the future.

When the Federal Reserve sets interest rates, it is literally determining the price of work.

When the Federal Reserve manipulates the Fed Funds Rate, the effects ripple through the economy.

Restore a free market. Abolish the Federal Reserve.

giskard
11-04-2007, 10:05 PM
How about "Phase Out" instead of "abolish", just so as not to make people think Ron Paul would cause chaos?

jon_perez
11-04-2007, 10:07 PM

"Let me end my talk by abusing slightly my status as an official representative of the Federal Reserve. I would like to say to Milton and Anna: Regarding the Great Depression. You're right, we did it. We're very sorry. But thanks to you, we won't do it again. "Ok, so the quote implies that the current Fed governor is humble enough to learn from past mistakes and is likely to be smart enough to realize how not to repeat it again. How is that bad for them?

It's funny how so many people are against the Fed without reasearching the different angles in more depth. I was initially drawn to the issue from reading conspiracy theories and slowly gravitated towards the explanations found in more conventional books. I think if it weren't for the Fed, America would be far far poorer than it is right now. True the US has piled on an enormous amount of debt, but blame it on the government and the people who put such governments in power, not the central bank. Blame it on the people who voted Lyndon B. Johnson, Jimmy Carter, etc... into power.

Any other country which piled on the level of debt the US has right now would have already collapsed its economy long long ago. So you should thank the international money structure (of which the Fed forms a critical part of) for sustaining the profligate excesses of the US thus far. It is the international money structure has allowed the US to suck up much of the world's assets and productivity on the cheap... although this time (culiminating in the Iraq action) it seems to have gone way too far... it's time to take away the punch bowl.

Harder money IS one way to do that. The idea sounds good now, but you can bet that not everyone will be happy when that happens. The pain is going to be similar to when interest rates in the Volcker era ratcheted up to double-digit levels if spending abroad and on welfare are not reigned in as promised. Of course all that reigning in of spending will also produce its OWN kind of pain.

Actually, nothing above invalidates what Ron Paul has been saying... the international fiat money structure lets the US have all its expensive bases abroad AND still maintain a robust economy. But because the EU, China, Japan have grown much stronger and are no longer letting themselves be bullied around (economically speaking), reality is slowly reasserting itself. The neocons think they can maintain and grow that (admittedly magnificent) empire indefinitely... but it seems that more and more Americans are begging to differ.

Bradley in DC
11-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I can't tell you how excited and encouraged I am to see things like this. Just absolutely unbelievably reassuring for hope for the republic.

One, you talk almost as fast I as do--slow down, pause, relax, make sure you're smiling when you say it all (trust me).

Two, I would, if possible, throw in a clip of Dr. Paul explaining the importance of this issue--his opening statement at the economic debate in Detroit would be killer. Or, if not that long of one, at least a clip from one of the debates where Dr. Paul explains how the Fed monetizes the debt and causes inflation (perhaps from the first debate).

Most of all. Thank you! (love the screen name--Hayekian here too!)

sickmint79
11-04-2007, 11:01 PM
I think you could very easily make an anti-Federal Reserve ad that lasts 30 seconds.

Should the government fix the price of oil? Obviously not.

Should the government fix the price of a car? Obviously not.

Should the government fix your salary? Obviously not.

Whenever the government tries to fix prices, it damages the economy.

The Federal Reserve fixes interest rates below the true free-market level. Interest rates are the price of money. Interest rates are the price of work in the present compared to work in the future.

When the Federal Reserve sets interest rates, it is literally determining the price of work.

When the Federal Reserve manipulates the Fed Funds Rate, the effects ripple through the economy.

Restore a free market. Abolish the Federal Reserve.

this is pretty good.

hayekian
11-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks for feedback. I plan on making a 60 second version with the following improvements:

1) Quote Bernanke at the very beginning. I think doing this immediately makes ad more interesting than just hearing some guy for 15 secs

2) Add a small animation showing the fed trading money with a sort of map of the US that has goods/wealth on it... as the money is traded for real wealth I could show the goods/wealth move away from map and into FEMA,DOE,Military/Medical industrial complex and show how the map has more paper and less wealth leading to higher ration of money to wealth and therefore inflation. Also show how average federal employee pay is much higher than private sector suckers.

3) and then if i can fit it in 60 secs... show a larger world map.. full of dollars going down in value suddenly rushing towards the US in order to trade for wealth before their dollars are worth even less... Party time!!! he he

fsk
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
If you can find it, use the Bernanke quote where he admits the Federal Reserve was responsible for the Great Depression.