PDA

View Full Version : Drexel has been TAGGED!

drexhex
11-04-2007, 08:48 PM
There are an estimated 250 fliers and slim jims covering Drexel's campus. It'll be hard to not know that there's a rally happening on Nov. 10th.

Just thought I'd let you know :D

slantedview
11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
nice :)

brandon
11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Great! Just got back from Temple University. The entire campus is covered in chalk.

walt
11-04-2007, 09:21 PM
you guys rock!

Mandrik
11-04-2007, 09:25 PM
That's awesome. Damn, I can't WAIT! Is it Saturday yet?!

BrianKelly
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Now for UPenn tomorrow! Arcadia is getting hit tonight as well.

newmedia4ron
11-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Maker sure to contact the Philly media (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31242)about this!

"Why are there Ron Paul signs all over campus? Who is this guy?";)

drexhex
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Somewhere between 50 and 80% of the signs have been taken down :(

Maybe we should have gotten approval of Drexel :D :p

kylejack
11-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I've never understood the Ron Paul candidacy, but I'm constantly suprised when I meet his supporters. It's such a hodge-podge of backers that I never expected them to organize. Besides all the graffiti, the signs over freeways, the bumper stickers slapped on newspaper boxes, I didn't think there was much below the surface.

But today I learn, via Atrios, that Paul apparently raised 2.4 million dollars...in one day! That's pretty remarkable for a protest candidate. Is this real?

Is this anything beyond general disatisfaction with the political system? Paul's backers would hardly agree on much besides their universal dislike of the political process as it stands in this country. But his supporters are apparently willing to their money where their mouths are.

Of course, never discount plain old kooky voter attitudes. On debate day I met a student who didn't want to join the Drexel Democrats because she was a libertarian. I asked her if she was supporting Paul, and she didn't know who he was. Then she mentioned that she was supporting Joe Biden, and I didn't detect an ounce of sarcasm. The distributions of voter information and attitudes have some pretty long tails.

If there are any Drexel Students out there supporting Paul, please enlighten me in the comments. I'd like to know why I'm missing all the excitement.
http://drexeldemocrats.blogspot.com/2007/11/ron-paul-revolution_9169.html

me3
11-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Whoever the nutjob is who responded to the blog post with the CFR rant, is sending the wrong impression.

Someone should respond to the question in a WWRPD manner.
What is the blogger missing about this campaign?

And as an aside, why are there still Libertarians who do not know who Ron Paul is?

rajibo
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Whoever the nutjob is who responded to the blog post with the CFR rant, is sending the wrong impression.

Someone should respond to the question in a WWRPD manner.
And as an aside, why are there still Libertarians who do not know who Ron Paul is?

That person obviously doesn't know what a libertarian is.

drexhex
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Just posted this:

I'm one of the ones who "tagged" Drexel last night with Ron Paul fliers and slim jims, and I was also at the debate holding up a Ron Paul banner.

The reason behind Ron Paul's seemingly "hodge-podge" of supporters is because we all disagree with the way the government is being run right now, but we don't necessarily agree on the same issues all the time. Each of Ron Paul's stances is liked by a different group, but he's the only candidate who seems to have the ability to get people to support him even if they don't agree with everything.

All of us disagree with the Iraq war but not all of us necessarily think we should "just leave," which is Ron Paul's stance.

All of us disagree with unnecessary spending, but not all of us necessarily think we should get rid of the Department of Education, Energy, Defense, Homeland Security, etc.

Not all of us think that the War on Drugs should end, but we all know it failed.

Not all of us think that we should go back to the gold standard or get rid of the Federal Reserve, but we know what we have now is throwing us into a recession and an economic crisis.

Not all of us think Social Security is failing, but the young supporters know that it will be a problem when we are eligible.

Not all of us think that the IRS should be done away with, but none of us like taxes (who does?).

Not all of us are pro-life, but the pro-choice supporters know that Ron Paul would fight to keep the decision on a state level unless absolutely necessary.

All of us are against illegal immigration, but not all of us think that we should put National Guard at the borders or end birth-right citizenship.

Not all of us are completely against the "Real ID," but all of us think that it will lead to more "big brother" actions.

Even though we may not agree with everything Ron Paul says and takes a stance on or the solution he proposes, we know that he's the only one courageous enough to speak the truth about the current situation of this country. He's also the only one who has the chutzpah to propose actual solutions instead of empty promises to these issues.

Ron Paul has the most unwaivering voting record, has never voted to raise his own congressional pay, and has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

Ron Paul voted against the ironically-named Patriot Act. He voted against the unconstitutional Iraq war. He has been called the "tax-payers' best friend" several years in a row, and is considered to be a "champion of the constitution."

Where is this support coming from and why is it so diverse? Because even though we may disagree on some topics, the overall feeling is that we've had enough of the lies and corruption in this government. Politicians can't be trusted, lobbyists control the government, and freedoms are being taken away every day. We're tired of it, and Ron Paul is the only chance we have to restore the constitution, bring back habeas corpus, protect our country the correct way, end unnecessary spending that will throw us into an economic crisis, and actually do something about illegal immigration.

You will be hard-pressed to find a candidate that you agree 100% with, but you don't have to choose the lesser of two evils anymore. Join the Revolution. It's time to stand up for what you actually believe in and not what you're told to believe in or what you're told is good for the country. In a true democracy, the government fears the people, not the other way around. Join us on Saturday, November 10th at Independence Mall (take the Market-Frankford Line to 5th Street). You will not be disappointed. The grass is much greener on this side.